Koumei & the Five Fates: Known Issues ×

Uncommon conservation target spawns inconsistent with pheromones [Investigating]

After about 2hr of trying and 40~ lures I also haven't got any fuming dax stovers. I managed to get the other uncommons without problems.

Tried different temperatures, SP and normal, no difference.

I am also having this issue. I spent a couple hours getting pretty frustrated trying to find uncommon captures but not having any luck.

Echo lures or not, they don’t spawn at all.I thought I was going crazy. Oh well.

My own anecdotal account is the same: my clan mate spent 2 hours trying to get a Vallis Kubrodon and only encountered Incarnadine and Brindle while using pheromones. I spent a while doing laps looking for wild spawns and got unlucky with Kubrodons, but I did encounter tier-2s of other species in the wild. 

• Like 1

I've been having the same issue trying to get the Tier 2 animals (specifically on the Orb Vallis), I can't get them to spawn with Echo Lures with or without Pheromones, I've only run into one Tier 2 Bolarola that spawned randomly in the wild

Stover Spawn Points also seem to be bugged, as they simply don't show up a lot of the time when they spawn directly at a cave entrance, making those impossible to use. they seem to work fine when spawning away from caves tho.

My Tier 2 Tag deficiency:

Spoiler

muXgiPa.png

lFBknVm.jpeg

And the Stover spawn points: (1 works fine outside of caves, 2 broken on cave entrances)

Spoiler

i1bU9Te.jpeg

f0SpfXY.jpeg95mznI3.jpeg

Been in Orb Vallis for almost 2 hours trying to capture a black-banded bolarola so that I can buy one of the new mods from The Business and not a single one has spawned in during that time. Using the lure with and without a pheremone hasn't worked nor have I been lucky enough to run into a random one just walking around the map. It has always been either the spotted bolarola or the thorny bolarloa.

• Like 4

Several hours of farming (both with and without pheromones for testing):

141 Spotted Bolarola

0 Black-Banded Bolarola

52 Thorny Bolarola

(these are tags, not captures - but some thorny/spotted tags also spent on some mods already)

The same with the Ashen Kuaka in Plains of Eidolon.

Please fix this with priority as it prevents acquisition of the new companion mods

Edited by -Joeboi-
  • Like 5

Confirmed.

image.png?ex=66ff5174&is=66fdfff4&hm=4d1f8fdd411e3bf2c0f38a278478875f9d331a42d008332fe99e718663ef4444&

Also, seemingly affects all other animals: Valis Kubrows, Ashen Kuakas, etc.

This is now almost game-breaking as you cannot acquire some of the new companion mods with these rarities not spawning other than "in the wild" which are almost impossible to find.

• Like 2

Hey so there’s 2 big issues with gatekeeping the MAJORITY of mods behind the Orb Vallis conservation system.

1. ALOT of the spawns of conservation targets are Broken with little to no space between the most common targets and the rarest targets if you’re using the symthasizer or not, the biggest offender being the “Vallis kubrodon” who I’ve now seen has been an issue since 2019.

Vallis kubrodons don’t even natural spawn like other conservation targets do I’ve found Black banded bolorolas dusky headed murminks Alpine monitor sagsaw and even delicate pobber but no Vallis kubrodons or fuming dax stover which has made it considerably more infuriating.

2. The Business doesn’t offer the ability to buy certain tags with platinum like Son does in Deimos neither does master Teasonai from Cetus. So there’s no way to even monetarily circumvent this clear blockade.

If you’re going to force the player base to interact with a system to get access to new content (which I’m not even complaining about by the way I gladly started doing conservation hunts) PLEASE make sure that the problems are fixed with it first, don’t just throw it on an old system thinking “Yh this will make the players interact with this finally” with absolutely no afterthought because farming for literal hours on a broken system is redundant and unfun no matter how open minded a player Is.

This is why a lot of players don’t interact with the system it’s not consistent or concise in its method of obtaining certain tags.

Solutions for this could be…

1. If there was middle ground where medium rare targets spawned if you used a synthesiser or lure but completely missed the echo lure that would be better

2. When using the echo lure without a Synthasizer/Bait it should work like the lazer mining drill where if you successfully stop at a certain point marked in a little box in its UI it’ll always spawn the uncommon as a reward for being skilled.

Either way decent solutions not perfect but please definitely do not keep it as it is.

Edited by (PSN)RB3-Reloaded
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, CatgirlTaiko said:

I've been having the same issue trying to get the Tier 2 animals (specifically on the Orb Vallis), I can't get them to spawn with Echo Lures with or without Pheromones, I've only run into one Tier 2 Bolarola that spawned randomly in the wild

Stover Spawn Points also seem to be bugged, as they simply don't show up a lot of the time when they spawn directly at a cave entrance, making those impossible to use. they seem to work fine when spawning away from caves tho.

My Tier 2 Tag deficiency:

Hide contents

muXgiPa.png

lFBknVm.jpeg

And the Stover spawn points: (1 works fine outside of caves, 2 broken on cave entrances)

Hide contents

i1bU9Te.jpeg

f0SpfXY.jpeg95mznI3.jpeg

The scat for markers at cave entrances can be found inside the cave - but you have to locate it yourself, as the marker doesn't move when you get inside the cave. For my experience, the bug is that the marker doesn't move; but there is always a poop (and usually you can see it through walls as a random orange shape if you look down the scope of your tranq gun). 

45 minutes ago, tucker_d_dawg said:

And while you're at it, look at the delicate pobber spawn rate.

600 Sunny Pobber Tags

250 Subterranean Tags.
30 Pheromones used

2.5 hours of nothing but scannning pobbers:

0 Delicate Pobbers.

What the actual floof.

Like it’s crazy there needs to be some kind of technique or atleast the probabilities to screwed I wasted over 2hrs 52 “brindle kubrodon” tags and 72 “incarnadine” tags hours nearly as long as I spent farming Profit Taker for the bloodshed digit which atleast I knew dropped… I just started killing them when they kept showing up I swear.

finally ended up getting the mods I needed (“assassins posture” and “brute conditioning”) from someone who was having difficulty with the spiked bolorolas which I found easy just ended up giving them my “Protector Posture” and “Disabling conditioning” and I just farmed em again. Hopefully you’ll find someone too cus honestly cus the delicate robbers  you’re looking for won’t show up bro trust me 

I just spent two hours trying to get vallis kubrodon tags and I got plenty of the rare spawn tags and common but you don't have a way to lure out the medium rarity one. Now that you made companion modes tied to conservation please take a look at this. I am a veteran of 11 years I'm not scared of a grind but this is just not possible.

• Like 3

597f6dece88c966dc0e37b3d79f44663.png

Spent several hours doing conservation for the new companion mods, and not a single mid-tier/uncommon animal managed to spawn. The 2 Black-Banded Bolarola tags I have are from several years ago, before any of the big conservation reworks. I've tried using the Pheromones as well, and those almost guarantee a rare spawn, and occasionally a common spawn, but never the mid-tier uncommon ones. Currently experiencing similar issues with other animal types in the other open world zones as well.

• Like 2

I'm in the same boat. Spent roughly 4 hours trying everything to make them spawn with the Echo Lure. It seems uncommons are bugged and not included in the table when spawned the way the OFFICIAL wiki states. They can still be found without an Echo Lure but it is INSANELY RANDOM.

• Like 2

They're not broken, just extremely stupid rare. I randomly found Delicate Pobber the uncommon Pobber on random run without using any Lure or Call. Same as your case, I'm trying to get 2 of the mods that needed Black-Banded but alas, nothing but Thorny and Spotted. Seen a discussion on Steam, they suggested to fly around, don't track or lure.