Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Damage System..

Demlier

Question

hello i just want to tell this: this damage system is sucks eally i just want to say what creators waned to do? make (for me) uncomfortable to play so i need to say again...SUCKSSSSS!!!!! ..ok i know u wanted to add something new to warframe.....but really so f...... the play style? I think this weapons new interface and warframes are awesome  but it is already inflection and a lot of my friends think same .So i dont have any more question's to this STIUPID USELESS damage system.Old damage system was great i dont know what they did change it.

Edited by Demlier

Thank you for the notification you're leaving Warframe forever, I'm sure you'll be missed. Have fun playing other games. :)

starbound just came out 3 days ago its number 2 on steam. ITS REALLY FRIGGIN FUN. Warframe + scribblenauts + minecraft + tarraria + squadron 42 (starcitizen) + maplestory + borderlands. Literrally this game takes out the best from all these games and spoon feeds it to you. 

http://store.steampowered.com/stats/

pretty epic indie game reaches number 2 on steam in 3 days.

Edited by ClaymoreNo47

Why does everyone keeps saying this? The system 2.0 is fine, the balancing and tweaking isn't but they are two entirely different things.

It's not everyone. It's the minority of mostly those who just don't understand the new system.

I kind of have to agree that the sheer complexity in the new system has made it very hard to know where to start with things. There's a seriously steep learning curve involved in trying to figure out what the hell you are supposed to fit against certain factions. There's sixty five separate interactions between HP types and damage types (thirteen types of damage and five types of HP) and it takes real work to start understanding how that applies. 

The frustration comes from not really being able to understand what's bad, what's just ok and what's optimal at a glance, and I understand why people don't want to put the effort in. Especially when there's still so much we don't know about how it works. Does a plus 50% bonus mean you get 50% more total DPS? Or just 50% more damage from that portion of each shot?

Since you have eight slots to work with, and other than corner cases like the Soma, you generally have spare slots now and it can be very hard to know what you should do with them. You look at the tables and you see that toxin is bad against robotic, but toxin + electric is good. You have a spare slot, so you toss on Heat which is neither good nor bad, but damage is damage right? Well, not if you put them on the wrong way around, because Gas and Electric will give you way worse performance against Corpus than Corrosive + Heat. 

Everyone wants to be using the best fit they can but working out what that fit is can be a really involved task, and sometimes when you just want to jump into a game and not think too hard, it sucks to feel that you need to sit down and look stuff up just to be able to do reasonable damage. 

Add on to that how bad the game is with saved fits. There's just A, B and C, that's it. And it doesn't display the damage figures on the load out screen where you need it, just on the front page. So switching between different fits just adds another way to be confused. Just sometimes you see that you aren't doing any damage and you don't know why.

The new system is OK. I'm happy enough with it. It's made the game more interesting, but it's also made it significantly harder to play, and nearly impossible to know if your fit is 'right' or not. Before if you felt you weren't doing enough damage, it wasn't hard to find out why. It also wasn't hard to have a fit that was literally perfect for the enemies. Now even if you do have that perfect maxed out fit, it's extremely hard to know for sure. 

I totally understand why players are put off by the complexity. DE needs to code some tools into the game to make this whole process more user friendly. You should NOT have to go and use a third party out of game site to find out what you should be fitting. On the fitting screen there should be a graph that updates every time you change a mod, telling you how much damage against each type. 

hello i just want to tell this: this damage system is sucks eally i just want to say what creators waned to do? make (for me) uncomfortable to play so i need to say again...SUCKSSSSS!!!!! ..ok i know u wanted to add something new to warframe.....but really so f...... the play style? I think this weapons new interface and warframes are awesome  but it is already inflection and a lot of my friends think same .So i dont have any more question's to this STIUPID USELESS damage system.Old damage system was great i dont know what they did change it.

I agree 100% new damage system sucks and the game is really BORING to play now, and before you ask, Yes i understand Damage 2.0 and it is broken and not logical

I agree 100% new damage system sucks and the game is really BORING to play now, and before you ask, Yes i understand Damage 2.0 and it is broken and not logical

How is it broken and not logical.

Every weapon now is shifted toward some physical damage and a few are more balanced out on that. Every physical and elemental damage type now has distinguished procs and you can combine elements to create new proc and damage types.

I don't see the lack of logic.

If you say that damage 1.0 with setting enemies on fire while freezing them while shocking them while stunning them had any logic whatsoever compared to now...you are indeed an...well....I wont use that word...but you know what you are... not that smart.

How is it broken and not logical.

Every weapon now is shifted toward some physical damage and a few are more balanced out on that. Every physical and elemental damage type now has distinguished procs and you can combine elements to create new proc and damage types.

I don't see the lack of logic.

If you say that damage 1.0 with setting enemies on fire while freezing them while shocking them while stunning them had any logic whatsoever compared to now...you are indeed an...well....I wont use that word...but you know what you are... not that smart.

2vt60iw.png

But this is ^, And if you want to call me an idiot go ahead, my feelings arent hurt that easily