The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Cant I Have A Moa Tophat Avatar ?

HellishWind

Take a good look everybody. This here is an example of DE's community mods.

Take a good loong look.

I see a bunch of guys who have given up their time and some freedom of posting on here in order to keep this place clean of blights.

So occasionally they are allowed to be a bit silly, and getting unique avatars is a small reward.

I don't envy their job.

This thread just makes me love the Com Mods, and their sense of humor, even more.

Thanks for all you do, guys.

The community is the ones bringing up all the great ideas and bug reports. Our job is very satisfactory, in that we get to read all of the communities stuff!

I see a bunch of guys who have given up their time and some freedom of posting on here in order to keep this place clean of blights.

So occasionally they are allowed to be a bit silly, and getting unique avatars is a small reward.

I don't envy their job.

haha i said that as a joke lol ;)

i felt discriminated by the lack off moa top hat avatars i keep throwing money at the screen but nothing is happening then i tried putting it in my floppy drive and i started smelling a burning sensation

So it was you! Our new avatars burned :(

Hehehe. But really, it's indeed just to make us a little more like-able (once it's properly setup haha). We understand that sometimes it's hard to accept a decision that was made by a community moderator since we aren't official staff, and as such it may look like we can abuse our tools freely. But abuse of power is easily rectified and we are closely monitored.

All that we do here is out of a genuine desire to see the community flourish and to make sure that feedback flows right into Scott's hands the hands of those who need it without needless "background noise".