The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Cant I Have A Moa Tophat Avatar ?

HellishWind

Pff look at these young uns with their fancy new avatars. Us old money..uh Avatar people frown upon this behaviour, sipping Cognac in the Avatar country club.

Oh, only now noticed... Rhino Head Fish

Amazing and brilliant. Thank you for laughs

2.gif?extra=uewK_VRcunkhPNBrFmQbXXK4x190

I beg your pardon dear sir (or madam), but did you just inquire as to why it is that you cannot.. erm.. have me?

I am a free Moa!

(also thank you to Yuikami for capturing my visage with such rich detail!)

My sides XD you're very welcome <3

[Thanks to Skree for this idea XP]

I wish I was a com mod ._.

I'd even behave myself and be good at it and stuff but I just.... can't.

I could never be invited to ascend to the rank of moderator for I was...

I WAS BORN TO GIF

280sw007883.gif

Funny_dance.gif

gay_dance.gif

Oh and I have a warning point from naming and shaming that &amp;#&#33; hat who was selling clan invites in trade chat which I'm semi sure disqualifies me. Which sucks 

Edited by Santaphrax

Digital Extremes has some pretty strict rules; If I could say whatever I wanted, I would have been banned a long time ago. They're pretty hard-nosed about it. Anyways, not just anyone can become a moderator, and I'm not sure I'd want to be. I sometimes feel that moderators, not just on Warframe though I haven't experienced it here, can become pretentious people. That kind of thing would probably go to my head.

I don't care about consequences. I try to keep my nose clean, but if I want to tell someone off, nine times out of ten I'll tell them off if I can't think of a nice way to do it.

Rule of thumb is that if you have to think about what you're saying and if it's allowed by Digital Extremes before you post it, it's probably going to get you a warning.

Digital Extremes has some pretty strict rules; If I could say whatever I wanted, I would have been banned a long time ago. They're pretty hard-nosed about it. Anyways, not just anyone can become a moderator, and I'm not sure I'd want to be. I sometimes feel that moderators, not just on Warframe though I haven't experienced it here, can become pretentious people. That kind of thing would probably go to my head.

I don't care about consequences. I try to keep my nose clean, but if I want to tell someone off, nine times out of ten I'll tell them off if I can't think of a nice way to do it.

Rule of thumb is that if you have to think about what you're saying and if it's allowed by Digital Extremes before you post it, it's probably going to get you a warning.

Well I've been pretty damn active on the forums for a long time now and we are talking about the one instance I posted without thinking and called that guy out and got slapped with the warning point.

And I mean, I dont argue it or anything. I absolutely did break the rule, it just sucks that my first and only infraction in all my time here was over that A** hole when I named him in a comment. Not even a post.

But that one instance aside I would actually quite like it, though I know its not an opportunity given to just anyone. I honestly have no idea how the mods are selected, and I know I wouldn't be able to freely just bring .gifs to all the boys and girls anymore... 

That'd kinda suck. 

I don't really see how I'd have the power go to my head I mean my actual power would be limited, a large part of moderation is just actively watching the Forums and keeping up with what's happening and what new posts are coming in.  Which is basically what I do now except as a community member. 

A community member with gifs !

reverse-1338313336_darth_vader_michael_j

I dont think the mods are pretentious, they just have to take themselves a bit more seriously than I do. 

Edited by Santaphrax

Well I've been pretty damn active on the forums for a long time now and we are talking about the one instance I posted without thinking and called that guy out and got slapped with the warning point.

And I mean, I dont argue it or anything. I absolutely did break the rule, it just sucks that my first and only infraction in all my time here was over that A** hole when I named him in a comment. Not even a post.

But that one instance aside I would actually quite like it, though I know its not an opportunity given to just anyone. I honestly have no idea how the mods are selected, and I know I wouldn't be able to freely just bring .gifs to all the boys and girls anymore... 

That'd kinda suck. 

I don't really see how I'd have the power go to my head I mean my actual power would be limited, a large part of moderation is just actively watching the Forums and keeping up with what's happening and what new posts are coming in.  Which is basically what I do now except as a community member. 

A community member with gifs !

reverse-1338313336_darth_vader_michael_j

I dont think the mods are pretentious, they just have to take themselves a bit more seriously than I do. 

I got a warning point for being myself in a nutshell. I agree, rules are rules, and I did deserve it. I don't care that I got a warning point. I'm not going to change who I am and my mannerisms for anyone; I try to behave myself, but sometimes it's really hard.

There shouldn't be a slap on the wrist type of thing, either. Saying "hey, this behavior is unacceptable, and if you continue to proceed with this type of attitude, these are the consequences." Granted that you should have read the community guidelines before posting, it could use some serious clarification; for example, just saying "Keep it clean!" regarding profanity is odd. The profanity filter is going to send a message to people saying "my obscenities are censored, so cussing should be okay" and it apparently does not. Having said all of this, given that this game is rated for mature people, you'd think the rules would be more lenient. We're all adults here (or, most of us, anyways.) It's not like anyone hasn't heard someone screaming an f bomb or calling their parents an s-o-b.

I'm pleased to not be a community moderator. I'm sure they enjoy doing what they do, and that's cool and stuff, but it's just not for me. If I was a community moderator, I'd be like Spongebob Squarepants on that one episode where he got a hall pass and he started directing traffic and stuff. I'd find any little reason to hand out warning points to people I don't like. If I were given the choice to become a moderator right now, I would pass it up. I'd rather nominate someone else who actually deserves that priveledge.

At the end of the day, I am, and always will be a community member...

...with gifs!

64325-family-guy-family-guy-gif.gif

Edited by Zachles