Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Miss The Old Cb Slice And Shoot Feeling.

Shezo

And by this i mean, back then, game didn't rely on scripted death animations pretty much for anything.

It was simple ragdoll based on impact and physics of your weaponry + slicing enemies in half with serrated heavy attack.

Just look at this old TB "review" :

And then try one level with braton or latron to compare with what we have now.

It's really boring, looking at the same animations over and over and over, considering we're killing dudes in hundreds, if not thousands.

Anyone else have the same feeling ?

And by this i mean, back then, game didn't rely on scripted death animations pretty much for anything.

It was simple ragdoll based on impact and physics of your weaponry + slicing enemies in half with serrated heavy attack.

It's really boring, looking at the same animations over and over and over, considering we're killing dudes in hundreds, if not thousands.

Somewhat, yes. But if you try Apollodorus with Dual Kamas you'll be satisfied.

Slicing in half is easily possible if your weapon has a high slash damage value. Braton Prime with magnetic damage rips Corpus apart 50% of the time, it's really fun. Not to mention anything infested.

Get some slash going and you'll be having just as much fun as before, if not even more because of the visceral proc sound effects.

I remember cutting people in half vertically and you saw the brain and organs sliced in half. Not sure if that's still around, haven't seen it in a long while but it was great.

Oh it's there all right. Some folks got great screen shots of it they passed around recently. :P

I have the exact same feeling.

fD3AL8m.jpg

2xenQdB.jpg

wPcoOvY.jpg

Taken 5 minutes ago from the Nekros helmet alert. The Grineer in the last pic I intentionally killed carefully without goring and split him in half post death with an Orthos charge attack.

Don't know what you're on about.

When you shoot them.

Or hit them with impact and puncture melee weapons.

Listen to him at 26:58. Now tell me what's changed. it kind of alarms me, but that perspective from beta hasn't evolved or changed imo. I know it's off topic, but when someone says stuff like that back in that stage of beta, and I can still apply it today....... well....

On topic though, I do agree the old rag doll deaths were wicked, canned animations not so much. Partial canned animations I can deal with, like a Grineer head whispering 'rosebud' as his torso is flung across the room separate from his legs.

I watched the video and saw this:

wut.jpg

What is that?! O___O

Never seen it before. I started just a few weeks ago and I'm not sure if that thing's already removed from the game or I just hasn't reached that level or something yet

It was the old levelling system and it changed around Update 6.0 when the game became open beta. It converted into the mod system we have now.

I watched the video and saw this:

wut.jpg

What is that?! O___O

Never seen it before. I started just a few weeks ago and I'm not sure if that thing's already removed from the game or I just hasn't reached that level or something yet

That was volts heath chart when he had aids and space gonorrhea. Thanks for reminding him...

i miss the days when getting a headshot felt AMAZING

when i shot an enemy in the &#! and he propelled into the other side of the room

when killing an enemy with a shotgun knocks them far away

when cutting an enemy makes their bodypart flew across the room

oh my god it felt so brutal, now it felt like an rpg-shooter too much

also

COMBAT FORMATION BRAVO