Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, We Need To Know Your Stance In Youtube Videos

lautalocos

im pretty sure you are going to allow people to both post and monetize videos, but it´s a sad fact that now devs have to actually clarify this. this is actually pretty important, with all the S#&$ going down at youtube, so im sure youtubers in the future would like to know this before even consider posting a video.

im pretty sure you are going to allow people to both post and monetize videos, but it´s a sad fact that now devs have to actually clarify this. this is actually pretty important, with all the S#&$ going down at youtube, so im sure youtubers in the future would like to know this before even consider posting a video.

warframe.com/videopolicy

It states it clearly there.

It's the very first thing all of us YouTubers checked before uploading.

Edited by bejuizb

In short, you're free to publish and monetize content. If YouTube asks you for proof of fair usage, use the link to the video policy as proof. You should be cleared. Digital Extremes has a blanket protection over all Warframe creators because of this policy and I'm deeply thankful to them for being so generous and awesome.

Visit the Tenno on YouTube thread in the Fan Zone section. You'll know then :P

I shared my Youtube channel, too.

Also, I'm still not sure what's going on. I kind of skimmed through it, and didn't see anything going "down".

S#&$storm.

thats basically it.

See, that's why I don't go to zoos. Monkeys fling their fecal matter everywhere. :c

Edited by Zachles

Yeah, I recently started monetizing...and it's a trucking chore. It's taken me two weeks and several hours to make 3$...so yeah, I'll not monetize. I'd suggest the same OP

Yeah, the only people who can be successful at monetizing YT stuff are people who become insanely popular with legions of fans.

I don't get why some publishers do this. Its actually "free" advertising for them. Youtubers are essentially "selling" their viewers and whatnot to the respective game companies.

If that isn't bad enough, some actually abuse the system of initiating a copyright claim on a video. Like that Day One Garry's Incident video critique by the Cynical Brit for example.

I don't get why some publishers do this. Its actually "free" advertising for them. Youtubers are essentially "selling" their viewers and whatnot to the respective game companies.

If that isn't bad enough, some actually abuse the system of initiating a copyright claim on a video. Like that Day One Garry's Incident video critique by the Cynical Brit for example.

It's all about the moolah. They don't want anyone making money off of them, so they just clamp down on the small channels hoping that they can take over their channels and then make even more money off of that. It's a sad world we live in.

ChaliceSoul, on 10 Dec 2013 - 9:09 PM, said:

It is about controlling the message on the games. It has nothing to do with others making money off it; the ones who monetize are more likely to have large viewer bases, and that is what scares the publishers/developers.

They do not want to risk bad word of mouth getting out because they created/published a product not worth the consumers money. Their solution is to censor everyone who might show aspects of the game in such a way that might cost them sales. Look at the games that have been hit and notice they all have at least one thing in common, they are receiving large amounts of negative criticism. Look at the games getting hit: they typically either did not live up to their own height and were receiving negative criticism (GTA V), or they are clearly bug filled messes that should never have been released to the public at all (Garry's Incident) and are receiving negative criticism.

And YouTube, being run by Google, does not bother to investigate these concerns at all, they just blanket remove videos or shut down channels on spurious, unfounded claims. Even the monetized videos are technically covered by fair use laws, as the part being monetized is (arguably) the commentary of the person playing, and reviews are legal to be monetized in the first place as copyright does not protect a work from negative criticism that will impact its sales. Also, publishers and developers being so inconsistent in what they will let stand and what they will attempt to suppress actually hurts their claims of damages, which is why they try to scare people with settlement notices and tough talk only when it is negative criticism.

Essentially, these companies making claims have to prove that the Let's Play YouTubers, and the streamers, are somehow substituting game sales, but if the only thing that hurts their sales is negative aspects of the game being brought to light then that is a tough hill to climb. While there are no court cases bearing directly on the aspect of streamers and LPers, the DMCA actually requires copyright holders to consider whether it might be fair use before they send in the complaint; it is quite obvious publishers of games, music, etc, clearly do not do this, and do not accept the law stating that fair use cannot be denied. That a company as large as Google, who claims to be on the side of the consumer, does not push back is a joke.

Too many companies (and consumers) have forgotten that businesses exist to serve the consumer, consumers do not exist to keep the business alive.

Eh, whatever, kind of went off on a rant there. Either way, it has nothing to do with people making money off the videos, and has everything to do with them wanting to suppress negative criticism, this is why even non-monetized people have been slapped with complaints.