Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

First Look: Paladin/druid/goat/banana Frame

Letter13

Bruiser-healer will sum him up quite nice I expect

He tanks. He heals. He damages. 

He'll probably be slow though. 

Think kind of like frost but with just a hint more support orientation. 

So aside from the tanking, he'll be what Valkyr could be...  damage oriented (melee or not) that can heal themselves/others.  The only difference between Valkyr and this guy, aside from the tanking, would probably be the support aspect.

So we have a heavy defense support, heavy damage, light damage, light healing support, and now heavy healing damage?

I can understand where the code name "Paladin" is coming from the evolving stereotype of what a paladin is (thank you Bilzzard). I get it he has that armored and noble bearing. Along with is purported ability set.

Samurai would also be a fitting label, if you play no the idealized fantasy Samurai. Frankly what hits closer to home is this is the Noble Knight frame. Where Excalibur is the Warrior this new frame is the Noble, the General, they guy standing on the rock outcropping using his sword to point the troops forward. This is why I suspect the name Paladin bubbled up to describe him during conception, as they symbolism of the proud noble honorable armored figure combined with a Leader motif

Names like Warlord, Marshal, General, Tactician, and Commander come to mind as well.

In a scene he would be the Tenno walking to the middle of the room enemies like its his throne room. Maybe flanked or shadowed by other Tenno. Like the confrontation scene in Revenge of the Sith, where Samuel L. Jackson (Mace Windu) goes to arrest Palpatine.

A Daimyo perhaps.

Feet are too short.

2ndly ihate their new direction with warframe powers.

every new frame now has 1 or 2 abilities that are just some lame passive aura crap.

you know with all these themes these frames have they could come up with some really interesting and unique skills.

I think we all agree the legs need to be a normal length. It might actually be an angle glitch or something making the legs look smaller. I don't see DE ever making a midget frame so don't worry.  Everything but the oddly shaped battle skirt looks great. Keep up the awesome work DE. 

Edited by JahziLLa

So aside from the tanking, he'll be what Valkyr could be...  damage oriented (melee or not) that can heal themselves/others.  The only difference between Valkyr and this guy, aside from the tanking, would probably be the support aspect.

So we have a heavy defense support, heavy damage, light damage, light healing support, and now heavy healing damage?

Heavy healing damage?

Sounds about right from what I bet. 

Not necessarily a full tank like Rhino. 

But Trinity-Nekros type support with Frost style defense and damage.  

And probably fairly slow.