Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pc Event: The Cicero Crisis

[DE]Rebecca

Glad i read this thread first. Good thing i have defiance. As much as i like this game if the top rewards aren't achievable solo i simply wont take part in the event.

I"m in a pretty raw mood today, A Pastor i respected died yesterday, A&E decided to piss off people all over the planet and now Warframe says 'you play solo? go F*** yourself' Earth will belong to the lotus. But not by my hand apparently.

Glad i read this thread first. Good thing i have defiance. As much as i like this game if the top rewards aren't achievable solo i simply wont take part in the event.

I"m in a pretty raw mood today, A Pastor i respected died yesterday, A&E decided to &!$$ off people all over the planet and now Warframe says 'you play solo? go F*** yourself' Earth will belong to the lotus. But not by my hand apparently.

As if this is anything new.  The game has always encouraged coop :|

As if this is anything new.  The game has always encouraged coop :|

Encouraged but never forced like this. A weapon i loved (Twin vipers) Just got a bonus. Thankfully i upgraded to twin gremlins i doubt they'll be better than that so i dont really lose out on anything but skin at this point. regardless this is my last warframe post today I have other things to do than *@##$ about this.

Encouraged but never forced like this. A weapon i loved (Twin vipers) Just got a bonus. Thankfully i upgraded to twin gremlins i doubt they'll be better than that so i dont really lose out on anything but skin at this point. regardless this is my last warframe post today I have other things to do than $#*(@ about this.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Sling-Stone_Event

Like I said before.  Nothing new.

Edited by Aggh

Seeing how there is no progression bar or timer, it means the entire event outcome is not affected by our actions.

Also there is absolutly no reason to run the injection defence unless you have communicated with 3 other players who have the rare 25% anti-toxin. So you can reach the 100%.

SCORING
Upon completing each mission, all Tenno in your Squad will receive the same point score. This score is determined by the rarity of anti-toxins used in the mission:
Common anti-toxin = 10 points
Uncommon anti-toxin = 15 points
Rare anti-toxin = 25 points

To achieve a 100 point score, all four Tenno in your Squad must bring a Rare anti-toxin worth 25 points each, and successfully defend the Cicero Toxin injector.

Solo and Squad Scoring – Aim for your personal best! Your best mission score will be saved (max 100).
Clan Scoring - Clan scores will accumulate to determine Clan winners at the end of the event.

REWARDS
- Score 10 points and you will receive an Event Badge.
- Score 50 points and you will receive a set of 4x Dual Stat Mods (Status chance + Toxic Damage).
- Score 100 points and you will earn a set of Twin Wraith Vipers!
- A Gold, Silver and Bronze Clan Statue will be distributed to the top three Clans in each Clan Tier.

so I can do 10 runs of 10 points or have to do 1 of 100 ?

Now, this event would be better if we could actually trust our Tenno fellows. As of now, I've done about 4 or 5 missions with a friend - and we were the only ones to bring along those anti-toxins. Right now, we just don't want to anymore - we're waiting for night to get the last components for rare toxin, then we'll go there in private session and THAT'S IT.

And just a few minutes ago we talked about how the event planning had changed in comparison to last events. Then we noticed we had to have all four players have the rare toxin to get 100 points. Looking for groups doesn't help if they don't actually have those toxins or simply refuse to put it in...

Right now, I'm seriously disappointed. It all seemed great at first, but looking closer it's still the same old story that I got tired of. I mean, here we are TRYING and we're getting fooled by about everyone. And to realize after just a few missions, that it wasn't actually worth anything. That's not really motivating, you know.

So, did a bit of farming to get the materials for the lapis antitoxin and then i recruited 3 random peopple who had also managed to get their lapis antitoxin crafted...

We managed to clear the events 100 points bar with relative ease (though to be honest, the mobs hit like trucks at 70%+ of the injector status)

Long story short, its entirely doable if you just get the mats, craft the lapis antitoxin and recruit 3 more like minded peopple to join you.

But, for those that have problems with connecting to games or getting DC'd from games, i hope DE provides an alternative for you.

PS: bring decent weapons and frames, the last 20-30% will kill you in a heartbeat if your not carefull.

I'm loving all the single player gripe, makes me chuckle. "Lets play a MMORPG and play it Solo! Woo!" DE does not have to curtail to this small number of players when their game is clearly labeled as a multilayer game, plus novel @(*()$ concept: It's FREE! Yes I get some people put money into this game, myself included. But you didn't have to. So you've got a S#&$ty connection: Not DE's fault. So you've got a POS computer: Not DE's fault, they made an event for their "MULTIPLAYER" Game, so play it, if not you don't get the goods, simple as that. Also people worried about having to get lucky with random peoples, clearly seem to be antisocial and far to inept to use the built in chat recruitment window to get what they need, very tricky it seems!

I'm loving all the single player gripe, makes me chuckle. "Lets play a MMORPG and play it Solo! Woo!" DE does not have to curtail to this small number of players when their game is clearly labeled as a multilayer game, plus novel @(*()$ concept: It's FREE! Yes I get some people put money into this game, myself included. But you didn't have to. So you've got a S#&$ty connection: Not DE's fault. So you've got a POS computer: Not DE's fault, they made an event for their "MULTIPLAYER" Game, so play it, if not you don't get the goods, simple as that. Also people worried about having to get lucky with random peoples, clearly seem to be antisocial and far to inept to use the built in chat recruitment window to get what they need, very tricky it seems!

It's in DE's best interests to cater to their players. Some of their players happen to play solo. If they really didn't want players to play that way, they'd remove the option.

If the rewards of this event excluded you because of a way you like to play the game, you'd be upset too.

So what I'm noticing seems to be that running the level solo until all necessary mats are acquired seems to be the way to go. I'm thinking that after that just get a 4 person group together with all others that have the rare antitoxion through whatever means available. Anyone have holes to poke in this thought? As of now I think that seems to be the best way to do it?

It's in DE's best interests to cater to their players. Some of their players happen to play solo. If they really didn't want players to play that way, they'd remove the option.

If the rewards of this event excluded you because of a way you like to play the game, you'd be upset too.

No I'd adapt and get over it for a mission or two then go back to the way I like to play.

It's to noone's advantage to exclude part of the player base.  You can have a perfectly good pc and connection yet have difficulty in joining games due to long standing bugs.  You can recruit a team in chat and have a player disconnect or deliberately troll you.

Guess what? How you play isn't how everyone plays.  It doesn't hurt you to allow solo players to complete it eventually.