Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grakata Shouldn't Be A Primary....?

SlightVect

The Grakata is the only weapon I would consider to build for status chance on, which in a way does make it better then the Soma in terms of enabling a different playstyle that is viable at high content levels. The ability to consistently trigger proc effects like Corrosive's Armor reduction against high level Grineer, Magnetic against Corpus, is immensely powerful and amplifies a teams effectiveness. You move Grakata to secondaries you can kiss proc builds goodbye for it. Also, secondaries get worse crit mods then rifle, which is also a lifeblood on the Grakata to get it to do good damage in the first place.

Yes plz! Make the Rifle with the 4th best DPS a Pistol so i can have Synapse AND Soma at the same time! Crazyness!

Really, you should at least know anything about things you try to talk about.... get your Facts rigth.. jsut because Soma is the 2nd best Rifle in the game doesn´t mean everything with less dps has to be a pistol...

as we all know that Warframe dictates law that Secondaries must outperform Primaries.

Without Split Chamber, neither my Grakata or my Soma outdamage my Aklex. And it's 1000% more ammo-efficient too.

With that in mind, my primary fulfills the role of "clearing large groups" while my Aklex actually does the bosskilling, so a status-based weapon is better for me. That, and explosive primaries once I get to them...

Grakata is fine as a primary. I think Stug should also have been a primary - that thing's hyooge.

Edited by Nyxem

One thing we are forgetting is that every 'secondary' has to be magically fused to your right thigh, this can't be done with a grakatta because it's simply too big. With a rifle and sword on your back where would it go? They would have to invent and code a new place to carry it just for this weapon. They won't put that much effort in. 

One thing we are forgetting is that every 'secondary' has to be magically fused to your right thigh, this can't be done with a grakatta because it's simply too big. With a rifle and sword on your back where would it go? They would have to invent and code a new place to carry it just for this weapon. They won't put that much effort in. 

Grakata isn´t much bigger than Acrid... or Stuk... 

"Why can't there be SMG's? I mean sure, we have hand cannons in the form of the Brakk, traditional Deagles in the form of the Lex and Good ol' revolvers in the form of Vasto and Magnus."

What the hell do you think the viper and the furis are...

Viper and afuris aren't SMGs. They're machine pistols. Grakata is an SMG, and the Braton series are all SMGs

If you ask me it's just an ordinary lower level crit weapon. You know so starting players can get a taste of every type of weapon.

But the higher impact and status make it really interesting for a level 0 weapon.

If you look at it this way, Soma needs a buff for being level 6.

Then obviously you didn't have the right build for the Grakata. It out damages most weapons with a crit build.

Then obviously you didn't have the right build for the Grakata. It out damages most weapons with a crit build.

> But the higher impact and status make it really interesting for a level 0 weapon.

> If you look at it this way, Soma needs a buff for being level 6.

Did you not read what I posted? This means it's good.

If it kept close to its ammo as a pistol it would make the Soma well.. almost useless(it would be out performed in everything but long range sniping, of which you can pair it with a true sniper like the vectis or a baby sniper like the latron prime). Give it normal pistol ammo cap then it is almost useless itself.