Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

In Regards To Crafting The Detron

Zara

So, we're angry that we can't get this RIGHT NOW? Why? It's actually kind of nice that there's a long-term goal item, rather than more of the same old instant gratification.

Well of course. Many people can't see beyond the moment they are experiencing. What they are experiencing at the moment is known as "Nerd Rage". :P

Well of course. Many people can't see beyond the moment they are experiencing. What they are experiencing at the moment is known as "Nerd Rage". :P

Sorry to have to correct you so publicly, but there is no rage. Just continued exasperation withDE. There are 2 types of people here. Those who are willing to grind for something when it's released; like myself, and those who are willing to wait, and take the 'I'll get it when I get,' approach. Neither is right or wrong. Neither is better or worse. Just different approaches to the game.

What the people like myself object to, is being subject to the RNG of an RNG. Meaning we have a very low percentage to see a Harvester, (RNG #1,) then we have to be subject to RNG #2 which means we might have 50 of 1 component and 0 of another, and there's nothing we can do to expedite the acquisition of the drops.

So when DE repeatedly introduces content that can not be farmed or grinded, they continue to alienate a large percentage of their player base. Simple solution is to reduce the RNG to 1. When Harvester spawns and is killed it drops the BP; which is all that is needed to craft the weapon. The people who want to grind for it will keep playing until the Harvester appears, and those who don't, will get it whenever they get it. That way both groups are satisfied. The way DE handled this and much of the recent Prime drops in the Void, just continues to frustrate a large percentage of their player base.

So let me get this straight.

1.) The Detron BP is obtained from the Harvester, which can only be attracted if you support Grineer during an invasion - so if you choose Corpus for any reason, you cannot hope to ever see it. So basically we're required to pick the side DE deems fit in order to obtain what should be a universally obtainable item.

2.) It requires specialized components yet isn't an Orokin weapon, making it the first of its kind.

3.) It also requires 10 cells like some Orokin weapons yet isn't one, also a first.

4.) Its stats are not comparable to its Grineer counterpart, which had Gradivus ended in reverse (which it wouldn't have since I believe it was rigged from the start) does not match up in anyway.

5.) It is neither an alert weapon nor an event weapon yet is not purchasable through the market like the 'What Stalker?' package is, which would be the closest equivalent in terms of circumstance of obtaining it.

Did I miss anything? Am I out of line? Someone please point out the logic that DE is using that I'm failing to see. I'm honestly just confused, I'm not mad, just please someone tell me what exactly I'm not understanding here.

Edited by DJ_Redwire

1.) The Detron BP is obtained from the Harvester, which can only be attracted if you support Grineer during an invasion - so if you choose Corpus for any reason, you cannot hope to ever see it. So basically we're required to pick the side DE deems fit in order to obtain what should be a universally obtainable item.

2.) It requires specialized components yet isn't an Orokin weapon, making it the first of its kind.

3.) It also requires 10 cells like some Orokin weapons yet isn't one, also a first.

4.) Its stats are not comparable to its Grineer counterpart, which had Gradivus ended in reverse (which it wouldn't have since I believe it was rigged from the start) does not match up in anyway.

5.) It is neither an alert weapon nor an event weapon yet is not purchasable through the market like the 'What Stalker?' package is, which would be the closest equivalent in terms of circumstance of obtaining it.

Did I miss anything? Am I out of line? Someone please point out the logic that DE is using that I'm failing to see. I'm honestly just confused, I'm not mad, just please someone tell me what exactly I'm not understanding here.

As far as I know you're correct on all points except #1. We don't know for certain what you need to do to proc Harvester. It may be something like killing a Corpus boss or siding with Grineer in an invasion. No one knows, because as usual, DE likes to be cute and tell us by rhyme, riddle or cryptic messages from the Lotus, instead of just telling their player base, what they need to do to in order to proc the Harvester. Or what time their events are going to start, and what the objective of the events are before they start, in clear and concise language. Instead we get riddles, rhymes and cryptic Lotus transmission, but no real information. Nice job as always thinking about your playerbase DE!

So, we're angry that we can't get this RIGHT NOW? Why? It's actually kind of nice that there's a long-term goal item, rather than more of the same old instant gratification.

Long-term goal items work better when they aren't completely reliant on rng and actually have means of working towards them consistently. Every Harvester fought should be a different detron piece in hand, not a chance for one. 

If Harvester would appear after x corpus runs, we could do whatever we wanted in that time that we do already. Good long term goal design is when it can be worked on, aside from the main objective. As it is now, it can't be worked on at all, as it is random, and becomes a shot at instant gratification each time we encounter him.

It isn't long term at all when the term length is entirely random either. Some will have Detron in a day without trying, others, months despite working for it as best they can.  

If there were minimum requirements to a Harvester that we could complete aside to regular gameplay, and restrictions on the number of harvesters we could fight in a given time period, that would be a lot better to create a 'long term goal'.  

As far as I know you're correct on all points except #1. We don't know for certain what you need to do to proc Harvester. It may be something like killing a Corpus boss or siding with Grineer in an invasion. No one knows, because as usual, DE likes to be cute and tell us by rhyme, riddle or cryptic messages from the Lotus, instead of just telling their player base, what they need to do to in order to proc the Harvester. Or what time their events are going to start, and what the objective of the events are before they start, in clear and concise language. Instead we get riddles, rhymes and cryptic Lotus transmission, but no real information. Nice job as always thinking about your playerbase DE!

Well until DE does actually give us some sort of straight answer, Grineer support via an invasion appears to be the only avenue of chance. I agree with you that having some sort of information confirmation is better than rampant speculation, but until then we have to go off of the evidence we have thus far: http://i.imgur.com/FIEoNju.jpg

FIEoNju.jpg

I have no idea what logics DE follows but whatever. 

1) That is not 100% this is only a speculation for now. No guarantee for now.

2) Seer, Mitre, Have the same idea. But they are dropping from predefined place.

3) On this I will agree. 10 cells is not that bad but it will be  a bit annoying to farm.

4) The stats are not that bad. It not that good on paper. Yes. I thought soma was joke of a weapon "10 dmg meeeh" 

5) The "What stalker" wasn't released immediately. I'm pretty sure we will see smth in the near future.

P.S: Not a single buck about the detron was give in making of this comment.