Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Raising Awareness For Nyx

MandoKarla

Question

I have a problem. I am in the process of leveling up my Nyx. I am finding Nyx to be an amazing frame with an extremely powerful ability, namely Absorb. However, I want to know if anyone else has had problems using absorb due to teammates killing all enemies around me. I assumed mostly everyone around me knew that Nyx needs to take damage to give it out for Absorb, no? If you've had this problem, how have you dealt with it? It's driving me insane.

Nyx needs no awareness raised. She is well known to be one of the best characters for high level defense/survival.

Her powers are best suited to dealing with very high level enemies however, and are not very good for running through normal missions with pugs.

Thanks all for your input. Got some good info from posts. Nyx will probably end being my solo frame. Again, thanks.

Don't limit yourself. Chaos is one of the best end game group skill in term of utility. I had one T3 defense with Nyx where the Frost basically never had to put his globe down because of Chaos.

if you see a team member using absorb just rush towards the bubble and start shooting it

if everyone do it correctly the enemies will be pulverized and the exp will be shared among your warframe and weapons.

its a win win.

PS.

in theory, absorb is the strongest skill in the game. DPH wise.

start experimenting :3

Edited by Warherp

As others have said, in groups I use absorb as a panic button to save my life, especially when I get caught in a enemy crossfire.   Getting stuck in a lancer or ancient knockdown chain or having 4 napalm lighting you up from multiple directions....pop absorb, wipe them out.   Other than that, I see no use for absorb during team play.   Oh and the fact that enemies focus on you instead of your teammates, so could be useful to draw attention while your teammates go revive a downed player.

As for chaos, I don't know why everyone thinks it's one of, if not the best ability for end game.  Last time I checked, when you use it, if your too close to enemies they still shoot at you anyway.  I've had situations where an enemy kept switching target from me to another enemy (both under chaos effects)...problem was that they were high enough level and my health and shields were low enough that I ended up having to pop absorb so the mob didn't kill me.  

So yeah, that don't sound like the best ability in the game to me....Heck Nekros second ability works better than chaos in my opinion and shadows of dead works just as well.  At least SoD doesn't make the enemies shoot at you too, they protect you instead...So I say there are multiple abilities (besides these two) that are better than both Nyx abilities, absorb and chaos.    Nyx is just an OK frame to me...anything Nyx can do can be done just as good or better by another frame...meaning crowd control, damage or whatever.

Fleeting Expertise + Blind Rage + Streamline + Focus.

This is a great build for Absorb and Psychic Blades, but really hampers the bread-and-butter skills of Chaos and Mind Control. Remember to balance your Nyx to your play-style. If you are nuking, this is a great setup.

Um, if the enemies are all dead already... that means you didn't need to use Absorb.

It doesn't change the fact that Absorb is still powerful against enemies your team can't kill quickly.

A bigger problem with Nyx is that you don't get Exp or Drops when enemies kill eachother while Chaos'd

Edited by yggdrazzle

its not the strongest skill in the game and there is no theory saying that.... the damage you put into absorb is the damage you get out of it while antimatter drop multiplies any damage put in by 4. Also sonar at max power strength does 10x damage...

wow...i stand corrected.

i didnt realise its a x4 absorbation. nerf nova |:

but, maybe, just maybe, with maxed power range and duration (25 seconds) absorb can do better in the same time span

due to AM being hard to hit and control, i doubt it though...

in any case, i didnt say its effective , just impressive DPH wise.

someone test this :c

PS.

sonar in itself is not a damaging skill, its the best support by far though

Edited by Warherp

Um, if the enemies are all dead already... that means you didn't need to use Absorb.

It doesn't change the fact that Absorb is still powerful against enemies your team can't kill quickly.

A bigger problem with Nyx is that you don't get Exp or Drops when enemies kill eachother while Chaos'd

Good thing enemies are super terrible at killing each other.

OI

OI

id like to nominate absorb for the strongest skill again.

has anyone ever tried using skills on it?

like, i dont know.... nova's AM?

23 seconds of shooting the AM, 2 seconds left to drive it into the absorb.

pop sonar and Mprime, for x20 damage (assuming they stack)

this makes absorb the strongest DPH skill in the game by FAR

someone try it, for science!

how does someone use sonar on the nyx using absorb? im pretty sure absorb doesn't have any damage multiplier btw and I checked the wiki so at best it would be useful for chaining drops

hit absorb with a drop have another drop waiting until absorb goes off and do it all over again....

drop used to be chain able to other drops though.

and the same thing could happen in reverse to say drop is stronger. shoot absorb for 23 seconds and then hit a drop and then hit sonared and primed enemies.

using sonar on the the enemies before absorb goes off, i never said sonar on nyx o-o;

absorb , unlike AD, takes the mob damage  + the AD damage + the sentinel damage.

high level mobs can 1hko anything so its a huge addon.

FF stands for friendly fire

base is the power's basic value with various power mods.

AD is TeamFF+ADbase.

Absorb is TeamFF+AD+ADbase+SentinelFF+Absorb base+ MOB DAMAGE.

i used caps on mob damage because its insane the higher they are.

which means absorb is much more stronger , even without AD.

I dont know if they fixed it, but Nyx's Absorb is bugged for me (maybe intended).

After that meditation phase.. That second where she casts that damageskill, after absorbing damage. 
You nearly get killed all the time from infested, because everyone and everything is attacking you. 

She should be invincible till the damage was dealt in my opinion. (Again. I guess its a bug, but someone told me a long time ago it is intended)

lol.

"excuse me people, can you all stop killing everything?  seriously, you guys! i'm trying to look good over here and you're ruining my diva entrance kill moves!"  :P

joking aside, play with friends, or go on your own and take on the mobs yourself (but don't get mad if nobody picks you up becuase you ran off on your own).    nova is the kill ninja, if she's in your group she will kill everyone before you can cast half of your $%@!.  people speed thoreugh levels, generally, so you will probably have to adjust your strategies to focus on killing fast  because most people want to get out quickly (except for defense and survival, obviously).