Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Robotics Bleed Red Instead Of Black (Oil)?

PROteinxstack

Maybe it should show them spewing out sparks instead of blood?

Or perhaps a possible colored liquid, robotics can also run on certain fluids to function not just as fuel but as a lubricant of some sort.

Hell, how do we even know that the blood looking fluid dripping from Robotics is even blood? for all we know it could look like blood but could be something entirely different 

i agree it shouldnt bleed red, but i dont think corpus robots run on oil. to be honest, why does slash even work against robots, only reason i can think of is in the case of gameplay balance.

we can also assume tha robotics use living part,just like zanuka seem to use some

i agree it shouldnt bleed red, but i dont think corpus robots run on oil. to be honest, why does slash even work against robots, only reason i can think of is in the case of gameplay balance.

Get your PC on the ground and slash at it with a Katana or an Axe and see if it keeps working. As for the bleeding you'll have to stretch a little to thinking that maybe this machine have something that needs encasing, like coolant fluid or some kind of "processor liquid" or whatever, although i'll give you that making a machine "bleed" is kind of weird, but then again i can affect said machine with Toxic Gas, so go figure...

Get your PC on the ground and slash at it with a Katana or an Axe and see if it keeps working. As for the bleeding you'll have to stretch a little to thinking that maybe this machine have something that needs encasing, like coolant fluid or some kind of "processor liquid" or whatever, although i'll give you that making a machine "bleed" is kind of weird, but then again i can affect said machine with Toxic Gas, so go figure...

the blood spray comes from BLEEDING, not SLASH, of course ill break a robot/computer if i snap it in half. edit:(yes i did kinda mistype on the other post, but the thread is about bleeding not slash).

Edited by leonvision

How about we do something far cooler?

Hydraulic Liquids.

It would also make far more sense.

I like my idea of "Processing Liquid" far better... Makes it feel like they have a synthetic brain and they're spilling Grey Matter all over the floor. But yes, Hydraulic Liquid would also be way more cooler then old "Oil" or just generic "Fuel".

As someone who works with industrial machinery for quite a few years, there is definitely an abundance of red lubricants, whether grease or oil. Many lubricants are dyed on purpose in order to distinguish their base types to prevent accidentally mixing them up.

Edit: Come think of it, the last transmission fluid I used was red.

Edited by direcyphre

It is likely that the corpus, as merchants, decided, that it would be more efficient from a financial standpoint to use heating oil for the hydraulics rather than 5W40. 

Well, if you don't get the joke, here in germany the heating oil is colored red.

Opaque jokes aside, I think that whole thematic is a thing for the next damage system overhaul, things like gas effective against robots (maybe they DO bleed, they seem to have lungs), puncture effective against flesh (just google stopping power), heat effective against armor (if it gets so hot that the armor is melting or at least weakened, then the guy inside is toast!), gas bad against corpus flesh (gas is more effective against non-breathing robots than against humanoid corpus guys with their milk cartons on their head, seriously) etc...