Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Slots Need To Go

spartan-322

Nope.

I'm a non-paying player and I can still generate valuable items to acquire Platinum for aforementioned Warframe/Weapon Slots.

NO REAL MONEY REQUIRED ON MY END. Just time and effort (and not being a casual)

Edited by Trowicia

I think the financial model of this game is actually pretty good.  Similar to Planetside 2, you can go buy your weapon flat out or earn it.

The *only* thing I'd like to change in the entire setup is the catalysts and forma.  Only being available via plat or alert sucks...  I'd take a hyper expensive blueprint on the market any day.  Make it 300,000 credits, I don't care.  

I can do 300k less in an hour, not a big deal,

you can earn 20plat also in 1-2hours by selling mods, farming mods etc, rush nightmare runs (2-3min) and sell each for 2plat no matter what you will find buyers for sure, just because it's that cheap,

forma can be earned in the void, hek you get so many forma bps it's not even funny anymore, my last 2-3 t3 runs contained 4-5 full forma, and 4 forma blueprints. forma ain't a problem, also it can appear as a battlepay reward, same as potatos

your point being that the inability to obtain them otherwise forces people to pay money for a game that is stated to allow you to obtain everything through simply effort?

Where does it say that players can obtain everything and keep it all simultaneously through effort alone? It doesn't.

It says you can play for free, it says you can experience all the content for free. You can do both these things.

OP i can see your point but slots costs are one of the things in F2P games that help to bring money in. Plus pretty recent they gave us the option to trade for platinum. So its always possible for people that cant or wont spend money to get platinum.

My idea:

Inventory space is a very needed thing in a game with loot. Making it the only thing that has to be payed with real money is a bad thing for the consumer.

Frames are not comparable to inventory slots, they are comparable to character slots and no F2P game I have ever played allows you unlimited character slots for free. Weapon slots are similar to inventory slots but they are cheap to buy.

We have inventory slots for resources and BPs and those are unlimited.

Oh, and having no credit card or paypal is no excuse, Go and buy an Ultimate Game Card and use that.

Edited by Silvershadow66

Because the school needs money, and the parent can pay money, students should be charged to be able to sit in class. If they can't pay that extra fee, then their children won't be able to sit during class.

Metaphors work both ways.

Unfortunately that metaphor works against you.

With that metaphor extra slots are extra classes outside the base ones that the school provides (either by subject or number of hours taught).

you know, I admit I don't like the priced inventory slots but hey... I think of it as my small contribution to DE. I know they have to profit on a continuous flow, not just by big packages like [What Stalker?] and the previous Foundation Package.

Maybe you should think of it that way too.

Both Warframe slots and weapon slots need to be taken out of the game. Their whole thing is just a money grab gimmick. They only hinder the game experience for players who can't afford to use money on virtual currency and want to grab a free to play game to play for free. Why make such an essential thing such as space for warframes and weapons be only obtainable through money purchases? Seriously, the excuse that you can "sell items so that you can make space" is just stupid, because I want to KEEP all the items that I take time to gather both the credits and the components to build them. For me, this slot system is worse than RGN or wait times.

and how does DE plan to make money? You know this game cost money to keep going, and I don't know... update... because people need to be paid... Ever thought of that?

You can get everything for free once you start using the trade channel. I made more than 300 plats without spending a cent in this game.

You can buy 2 warframe slots when you start the game anyway, more than enough for a new player.

Edited by Hyunsai

Their whole thing is just a money grab gimmick.

Because free stuff just shows up anywhere in life, even if most free2play are all content free, theres always advertisement or any other annoying things, like pay to win.

These are ppl that are trying to make a living, the day WF stop making them money or even gives them loss, they will trash the game, all continuation and server service it provides.

The game is very playable without no money, slots come in a minimum so you can keep 1 good gear set and also keep lvling new gear for mastery.

I think they made a good balance in the game, and I'm even surprise they give alternative helmets for free, since the only incomes are customization for style and a few other perks.

Edited by 7grims

Both Warframe slots and weapon slots need to be taken out of the game. Their whole thing is just a money grab gimmick. They only hinder the game experience for players who can't afford to use money on virtual currency and want to grab a free to play game to play for free. Why make such an essential thing such as space for warframes and weapons be only obtainable through money purchases? Seriously, the excuse that you can "sell items so that you can make space" is just stupid, because I want to KEEP all the items that I take time to gather both the credits and the components to build them. For me, this slot system is worse than RGN or wait times.

oh god not another boohoo I want every thing free thread .. yea they cost real money 1 of the many reasons  for it is to store tones of gear takes sever space ,servers cost money and severs that don't cost money have annoying popups every 2 seconds . if you realy need slot grind rare mods max em out sell for profit {e:g blind rage maxed is worth at least 300 plat} that's an &#! load of slots

Inventory slots take up server space, server space costs. If you want more inventory slots, you need to pay some platinum.

You can gain platinum by, playing the game and trading in rare mods. Or.. you can just cough up a few bucks and get some slots with the plat you bought.

It's little things like this that actually allow them to make money from an already free game and if people want more warframes, weapons, lore etc then DE need money. They are quite generous when you start you have space for a 2nd warframe and with regards to weapons, all the winnable weapons and equipment come with their own slot. We can also have as many sentinels as we like despite them apparently taking up slots..

Hmmm, guys. I have already learned that I was wrong, and that its ok the way it is. No need to keep beating on the dead horse.

To the OP:

LOL dude, you just started playing this game, you have no idea.

I shall promptly go laugh myself to death in a corner now.

Edit: 

anyone wanna tell me how many slots you have for free? i dont wanna run into problems >__>

2 Frame slots and 8 or 9 Weapon slots. You can check by looking in your Arsenal Inventory and counting all the slots underneath the weapons tab.

Edited by OptimumBow0

Its not that I'm cheap, it is just that I CAN'T "throw a couple" (or a lot if I actually want to buy many slots) of bucks into the game. First of all, I'm a high school student. I have no source of income aside from birthday and christmas presents, and other small things here and there. Secondly, I don't have a credit card or paypal, which means I have to ask my parents to lend me money to pay for digital purchases. Thirdly, my parents aren't to keen on videogames. Which means they don't like when I use money on games, ergo they will absolutely not like me to use real money so that I can buy videogame currency so that I can buy slots for videogames weapons.

1: So was I when I got this badge.

2: Neither do I, but my parents are fine with my hobby, and support me however they can.

3: Not sure how to solve this one. Have you asked for a weekly allowance? They can't stop you from spending your own money, even if it goes through them.