Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Builder

Stoi84

Hey Stoi, I'm a regular build creator on your website (same name as here, Robotnik) and I love using it! But I've recently had worrying things happen to my account that I've only noticed just recently while updating some builds.

In short, I've had strange edits made to some of my builds that I have not done myself. From the edits I've noticed so far, one changed a build's title to a joke title ("Banshee 1 dps build", in case anybody else noticed it as well), another added the warframe's name to the front of the title for no reason, and a description edit added the build's polarities to the top. These are the edits I've noticed so far, and there may be more. Again, I have not made these edits.

I reverted the edits I found and changed my account's password immediately, so hopefully I'm ok now (unless this didn't automatically log-out the editor too). But because your website doesn't show build edit dates, I have no way of knowing how long my account might have been compromised for. Adding a last-edited date to builds would be a nice feature for the site in general.

I don't know if someone managed to log into my wf-builder account, a screwy admin messing up people's builds, or some website bug let other people make edits to builds they aren't supposed to, but I hope you can look into this so nobody else's accounts have to be at risk like I am.

Edited by Robotnik

Le 25/11/2017 à 23:32, Robotnik a dit :

Hey Stoi, I'm a regular build creator on your website (same name as here, Robotnik) and I love using it! But I've recently had worrying things happen to my account that I've only noticed just recently while updating some builds.

In short, I've had strange edits made to some of my builds that I have not done myself. From the edits I've noticed so far, one changed a build's title to a joke title ("Banshee 1 dps build", in case anybody else noticed it as well), another added the warframe's name to the front of the title for no reason, and a description edit added the build's polarities to the top. These are the edits I've noticed so far, and there may be more. Again, I have not made these edits.

I reverted the edits I found and changed my account's password immediately, so hopefully I'm ok now (unless this didn't automatically log-out the editor too). But because your website doesn't show build edit dates, I have no way of knowing how long my account might have been compromised for. Adding a last-edited date to builds would be a nice feature for the site in general.

I don't know if someone managed to log into my wf-builder account, a screwy admin messing up people's builds, or some website bug let other people make edits to builds they aren't supposed to, but I hope you can look into this so nobody else's accounts have to be at risk like I am.

While I completely believe you when you say that you did not do these edits, I can eliminate a lot of potential causes.

-That's not coming from a moderator since the moderation is more or less abandoned, the moderators only have an interface with a few functions and editing the name and the description of the builds is not part of this, and everything related to the moderation is logged. I'm the only one who logged into the moderation this year, to tell you how dead it is :P

-That's not coming from an admin since I'm the only admin and I have more interesting things to do.

-If that was a bug, that would have been a generalized issue. And to be sure I had a look again, you cannot edit a build for an account you are not logged in with, at least, to my knowledge.

-If the database was accessed, way more bad things would have happened.

I understand your concern about this, but these edits are very minor. I'm not trying to say that it's not important, just that it does look like... a joke. If, and I'm saying if, someone accessed your account, he for sure didn't try to cause any harm. That makes no sense to spend so much time to access a random account just to do these changes. No builds were deleted, the account was not deleted, that's just some strange edits. And why you? Are you special to the point that people would try to log in to your Warframe Builder account just to do some edits on your builds? To access your account, a person would also need your username. That's a lot of things for a random log in, even with a very weak password, the probability is very very low.

My first thought is to ask you if you sometimes log in from public places like school or work where friends playing with you could have used your session, or even, at home. I'm not trying to be insulting, but sometimes the stupidest solution is the good one.

That's the first time in 4 years I read about an issue like this, that's why I'm a bit skeptical. There's still the possibility that something strange happened server side and a problem with the sessions occurred, but I can't really verify this. I also know that a network issue happened on the site where my server is hosted, the 9th of November, but I don't see any builds of you edited at this date. Yes, the last edit date exists, it's just not displayed on the site because it was added at a later time in the database.

If that's not a joke from friends and if this happens again, I suggest that you contact me before you fix your builds so that I can have a look at some more things. If you want to ask me a few more things to reassure you, like the date of the edition of your builds or some other things, feel free to send me a private message.

Edited by Stoi84

11 hours ago, Stoi84 said:

Long post

Thanks for the big reply,

With all that info, I'm now inclined to believe it was just a server-side bug that appended other people's text to mine, considering how random they seemed and that none of them were inbetween existing text, if that makes any sense. Regardless, I'm not worried anymore.

But now I feel stupid for editing out the changes before posting, since I wanted to find out why they happened in the first place. I didn't even check if the Forma polarity edit matched my build's polarities, or someone else's :(

If it does happen again, I'll leave it untouched and let you know!

I just noticed you don't have riven support for some of the sentinel weapons, Burst Laser being the one I'm interested in. I saw where you added the shotgun ones in February, and I imagine the rest may have been overlooked since nobody cares about them. Are you planning to add riven support for the rest of the sentinel weapons?

If someone with a Lenz could send me the following pictures of the stats asap, that would be really appreciated.

-Lenz with Cryo Rounds and Stormbringer in that order.

-Lenz with Stormbringer and Cryo Rounds in that order.

-Lenz with Infected Clip, Hellfire, Stormbringer in that order.

-Lenz with Infected Clip, Hellfire, Cryo Rounds in that order.

-Lenz with Cryo Rounds, Hellfire, Infected Clip, Stormbringer in that order.

-Lenz with Infected Clip, Hellfire, Cryo Rounds, Stormbringer in that order.

If the mods are maxed, that is even better since I'm started to get used to the numbers and it's easy for me to understand how it works. Thanks.

Akbronco Prime has incorrect stats. Builder's base stats are 6 magazine, 215.5/35.8/107.6 IPS, 8.3 firerate. According to in-game & wiki, the correct stats are 8 magazine, 280/35/35, 5.5 firerate.

Link to builder's akbronco prime page: http://warframe-builder.com/Secondary_Weapons/Builder/Akbronco_prime

Wiki: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Akbronco_Prime

There's another issue: The elemental damage names are incorrect. Pathogen Rounds says "90% Poison Damage" when the correct term is "90% Toxin Damage". This is important because you can search, in-game, by the elemental names: Cold, Heat, Toxin and Electricity, while in the builder that wouldn't work, you need to search for Freeze, Fire, Poison and Electricity. Matching the game's terms would make it easier on us.

Edited by SpadedTail

-Added the following weapons: Baza, Cassowar, Sigma & Octantis.
-Added the following mods: Primed Fever Strike, Hunter Mod Set (6 mods).
-Updated the following mods: Venomous Rise, Voltaic Lance, Rime Vault, Searing Leap.
-Updated the Akbronco Prime.
-Added the missing pictures for the following mods: Augur Mod Set (6 mods), Kinetic Diversion, Target Acquired (didn't find the one for Spring-Loaded Blade).
-Added the blast damage for the charged throw attacks of the Glaive Prime. Displaying 3 different attack types (normal, throw and chared throw) is not planned yet, it implies database modifications and all the troubles that come after this in the code, I don't have the time for this right now.
-Covert Lethality can now be used on the blank melee weapon.
-Added the menu to edit the Riven mod for the pistol type sentinel weapons.
-Using one or two elemetal mods on the Lenz should give better results. More mods will be handled at a later time if I ever find the time to work again on this gun and if I get the data I need.

-I was not able to reproduce the issue with the Kunai and the duplicate builds, no changes here for now.
-There are other little things I may have skipped, but I don't have the time for more right now.
-The update of the elements in the text of the mods (poison => toxin, fire => heat) will be done at a later time, and not by me. The automatic replace does not give good enough results, so all the elemental mods will need to be updated (rewritten) to their new text.

• Like 1

Il y a 2 heures, Stoi84 a dit :

-Added the following weapons: Baza, Cassowar, Sigma & Octantis.
-Added the following mods: Primed Fever Strike, Hunter Mod Set (6 mods).
-Updated the following mods: Venomous Rise, Voltaic Lance, Rime Vault, Searing Leap.
-Updated the Akbronco Prime.
-Added the missing pictures for the following mods: Augur Mod Set (6 mods), Kinetic Diversion, Target Acquired (didn't find the one for Spring-Loaded Blade).
-Added the blast damage for the charged throw attacks of the Glaive Prime. Displaying 3 different attack types (normal, throw and chared throw) is not planned yet, it implies database modifications and all the troubles that come after this in the code, I don't have the time for this right now.
-Covert Lethality can now be used on the blank melee weapon.
-Added the menu to edit the Riven mod for the pistol type sentinel weapons.
-Using one or two elemetal mods on the Lenz should give better results. More mods will be handled at a later time if I ever find the time to work again on this gun and if I get the data I need.

-I was not able to reproduce the issue with the Kunai and the duplicate builds, no changes here for now.
-There are other little things I may have skipped, but I don't have the time for more right now.
-The update of the elements in the text of the mods (poison => toxin, fire => heat) will be done at a later time, and not by me. The automatic replace does not give good enough results, so all the elemental mods will need to be updated (rewritten) to their new text.

Thanks !

I know it might not be the simplest thing to fix, but the DPS calculator for melee weapons currently does not factor in the Gladiator set bonus (which would add onto Blood Rush, ex. Rank 10 Blood Rush + 2 part Gladiator = 195% combo crit)

Perhaps there could also be an option to add # of external set mods, to reflect the full power of the set. If we want to simulate Gladiator Resolve and Gladiator Aegis on top of Gladiator Vice and Rush on a melee build, we can say we have +2 Gladiator mods besides Vice and Rush.

Also, naming is not consistent. For instance, Chilling Reload will say "Cold damage", but Chilling Grasp and Rime Rounds say "FREEZE DAMAGE". Similarly, Heat damage is labeled as "Fire" and Toxin as "Poison". Electricity is correct.

Edited by JulianLynx
Wording.

I already spoke about these two subject during the last weeks. There's something planned for the sets of mods, including the ability to set the number of mods equipped on the others weapons/frame. There's no ETA for this because I need to find time and there are other things that are time consuming on the to-do list, like the Lenz.

Regarding the disparities in the name of the elements, I'll soon put an announce to recruit one person to rewrite the text of these mods. I don't plan to handle this myself because I don't have the time for this, but this is a task that does not require special skills apart from motivation, so I'll involve the community for this one.

Stoi84, I've noticed that on warframe builder you don't get the warframes base duration, efficiency, range, strength
I'll show you an example, oberon = Q4IEYFB.jpg
Oberon with transient fortitude = FfK0xOo.jpg
Warframe builders oberon = EfPHTYe.png
Warframe builders oberon with transient fortitude = nw0aFWL.png
can't say the builds on the website are 100% accurate if they don't have the base stats beyond the health, energy, armor, and shields.