Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hey De Why Don't The Warframes Have Taunts?

Deidaku

It has been asked time and again and even answered by DE themselves in a livestream, stating that is not what they are going to add because they feel it is unnecessary and would take away from the characters personality as emotionless silent, a bit scary ninjas. That being said this is only going to be for now and it may change in the future. Even so, this will be considered a low priority addition so it is unlikely you will see this feature any time soon since there are some fundamental core gameplay changes and other essentials.

It has been asked time and again and even answered by DE themselves in a livestream, stating that is not what they are going to add because they feel it is unnecessary and would take away from the characters personality as emotionless silent, a bit scary ninjas. That being said this is only going to be for now and it may change in the future. Even so, this will be considered a low priority addition so it is unlikely you will see this feature any time soon since there are some fundamental core gameplay changes and other essentials.

Understood. i didn't now it was already mentionned in  a livestream :s. but it is a minor feature after all :)

For a pvp game it would make sense. And no, Conclave is not enough to call Warframe a pvp game.

I think it would feel awkward to taunt the AI and players would not really use it that often.

Animators are quite busy right now with Melee 2.0 though. So if this is going to happen. Its will have a really low priority.

I don't expect this to happen.

they also said that Pvp would't exist at all .......soooo

they also said that Pvp would't exist at all .......soooo

Could be. I don't mind one way or another but seeing the ongoing heated discussions about the core gameplay flaws will soon take over the priority list and will not most likely not be moved out of the list until we have a improved foundation for the game so unless they manage to add this as a small side feature, what you are asking will take a long time to come.

Could be. I don't mind one way or another but seeing the ongoing heated discussions about the core gameplay flaws will soon take over the priority list and will not most likely not be moved out of the list until we have a improved foundation for the game so unless they manage to add this as a small side feature, what you are asking will take a long time to come.

I know it's a side feature....it's not like if you could taunt the stalker to death X° It's jsut for showing off , like all cosmetics

Emotionless warmachines wouldnt levitate their throwing knives around in boredom........ DE is inconsistent anyway so they might as well add some minimalist taunts etc (no speech, gestures only)

THANK YOU SIR or MA'AM ......I'M CONFUSED X)

I'd say the main issue is that you'd never be able to see them. The game is too fast paced. How often to you really sit still long enough while looking at another player to see that they're nodding, or waving? By the time you type /hi, you could have just said "Hi" and the message would be received better.

It just doesn't seem like it would be worth the effort at all.

I'd say the main issue is that you'd never be able to see them. The game is too fast paced. How often to you really sit still long enough while looking at another player to see that they're nodding, or waving? By the time you type /hi, you could have just said "Hi" and the message would be received better.

It just doesn't seem like it would be worth the effort at all.

Elevators man, elevators.

i like the emotion system used in dark souls. Still communicate and maintain some seriousness, but by any means i would like "funny" taunts on war frame XD, just personal opinion. Bows, signals , the option to sit, point stuff, all that good stuff.