The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mass Effect 3 Players?

DiddlyMcGee

recently started to decide on whether i should get mass effect 3 for my PC. ive played it on my xbox but now i would like to play it on the PC but im not too sure if anybody plays the multiplayer mode. this game released in 2012 so not sure if anyone even plays the game at all.

i kinda unlocked everything on xbox too and bought it for PC but i dont much play anything but dota skyrim and warframe atm. too busy. i think enough people still play that you could find online matches easily enough. die hard fans never die! ( i just dont wanna spend another 500 hours unlocking everything lol)

I dont think there are many ppl. which play ME3 anymore, since the support ended in Feb. 2013 (maybe it was a month later). I really liked this game as it released and played the hell out of it, until they didnt supported it anymore. A real shame, because a lot of ppl. stopped playing a few months later. A few months back, I started the MP again and only saw some "Elitist" players there. The funny thing was, that they really were bad as hell. ^^
So I dont think you would enjoy this game for a long time except you got 3 or more buddys to play it with and only if they really know what they are doing, ´cause starting from 0 would be a pain.
Anyways, I like to see that there are some other ppl. who enjoyed ME 3´s MP. It seems that not many ppl. even remember that the was a "ME3MP" :(.

Edit : Just read the 2 posts above me. Well the "Die hard fans" maybe dindt stopped playing but is this game really populated enough to pull of some decent rounds? Maybe I´ll give it another try .......

Edited by Energigel

don't expect to find many people. between large portions of players being ignored(you should see how many ignored/deleted threads(oh right) on the Bioware forums as this issue was just completely ignored despite tens of thousands of users in this boat) due to lazy netcode that was never resolved for years - the playerbase for it, while fans, just really tanked after a while. people gave up waiting for the DRM to get out of the way of actually playing the damn game.

which is a pretty big shame, since that was a quite well balanced, teamwork oriented system. the most power to be had was achieved through teamwork, so everyone could participate, whether you happened to be in a match of not so veteran players, or the other way around. 

more dedicated people who also got lucky may still be playing ME3 MP. but i gave up more than a year ago. just too much time spent sitting around doing nothing compared to the time spent playing.

again, a big shame. i'd still be playing if it actually worked. 

I haven't been playing much Mass effect anymore. Ever since the last DLC came out, I haven't been able to find many good matches. Barely anyone plays Platinum and Gold (on Xbox that is). I've also unlocked everything. All characters and their customization options and all the weapons (sadly the weapons i have are not the highest rank).

The game's is way more repetitive than Warframe even though their both Grindfests.

The PC and for that matter all platforms are still going strong.  Rarely have to search for more than a few seconds to find an random match.  Hosting depends a little but I usually wait less than a couple of minutes for a lobby to fill (Gold match).

There has been a new influx of fresh players with the cheap deals over Christmas so you'll have no problem finding matches

I'd offer to play a few games but I'm taking a little break for Warframe after 1200 hours of ME3MP

Edited by FallGuy