Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Is Ogris, Penta And Torid's Ammo 540?

Twilight053

Wouldn't be a complete week without another of these threads.

To put it simply, it doesn't matter how much ammo they have (except Torid which.. is terrible). They are already more ammo efficient than all the other weapons so you would still never run out. No, a bow with Thunderbolt will never compete.

Wouldn't be a complete week without another of these threads.

To put it simply, it doesn't matter how much ammo they have (except Torid which.. is terrible). They are already more ammo efficient than all the other weapons so you would still never run out. No, a bow with Thunderbolt will never compete.

Yeah, but still, shouldn't it be 72 for being a launcher?

Edited by Twilight053

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/147448-penta-ammo-capacity/

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/153339-ogris-penta-and-torid-nerf/?hl=%2Bpenta+%2Bammo+%2Bcapacity#entry1805037

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/161314-de-please-change-ogris-ammo-type-already-srsly/?hl=%20penta%20%20ammo%20%20capacity

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/162395-why-the-pentaogris-does-not-need-an-ammo-nerf/?hl=+penta%20+ammo%20+capacity

One of those topics was made by the same OP as this one btw. Do you hate those weapons that much, or do you feel like there was an angle that wasn't brought up yet in this discussion? This topic is borderline spam/flamebait.

DE surely noticed the other topics, the discussion is over.. move along, nothing to see here, it's been done to DEATH.. let the horse rest in god damn peace now.

But just in case it goes on, here's a cat gif to help you keep your calm as you read on:

241.gif.pagespeed.ce.jR6QFl8Q02.gif

Daaaaw, don't you just feel your obsession with ammo numbers fade away?

Edited by LocoWithGun

Specials - all of them - currently use the Rifle Pool. 

i wonder how long it'll take for the Special Pool to actually exist -_-

which in my eyes, should be a 100ct Pool, capable of picking up all Ammo Pickups - but only getting 25-50% of the Ammo from them. 50% might be too much free Ammo, so more around 25-30% might be more appropriate.

@locothetrain

You're not answering my question, shouldn't the ammo be 72, regardless?

No, Quit being a tool. Weapon simply fires too slowly to ever consume more ammo than it's spent. 

If you want to be taken seriously simply go do any content, report back to me if you drop under 500 ammo; see how relevant your claim is. This mindless bashing is annoying every time. 

Give it 5 extra rockets or 5,000,000 it still won't matter, these guns are Hyper efficient.

Using my Penta, My ammo NEVER drops below 530 Grenades, The only time it did, is when I was intentionally draining my Ammo, and even that took forever.

The current ammo types do not work for special weapons. Their capacity and pick-up size are both outrageous, given how few rounds are needed. 

They need their own weapon class that has scarcer ammo than even sniper rounds. In most games rocket pick-ups are tiny, and the capacity of the weapon is likewise pitiful.

Warframe is the only game I can think of, that is not a MechWarrior clone, that gives powerful rockets, high capacity, and no scarcity of ammo whatsoever. Games like 'Armored Core' require you to buy ammo at the end of each mission, and the missile/rockets cost an immense amount compared to other ammos.

Edited by LazyKnight

No, [q]uit being a tool. Weapon simply fires too slowly to ever consume more ammo than it's spent. 

If you want to be taken seriously simply go do any content, report back to me if you drop under 500 ammo; see how relevant your claim is. This mindless bashing is annoying every time. 

Then give them their own ammo pool, and reduce the max ammo it can carry.

No need to be a tool about it.

No, Quit being a tool. Weapon simply fires too slowly to ever consume more ammo than it's spent. 

You've completely missed the point of this thread. *slow clap*

Give it 5 extra rockets or 5,000,000 it still won't matter, these guns are Hyper efficient.

If it doesn't matter, then I don't understand why are people whining about this thread. Whether the ammo is 540 and 72, it makes no difference. I mean come on, there is no sense beating a dead horse. :s

Edited by Twilight053

You've completely missed the point of this thread. *slow clap*

Arbitrary number is not the color I like, let's change it to my favorite color. Why don't you understand me !

The most any conversation regarding ammo for explosive weapons will accomplish is force people to add ammo mutation, and that accomplishes a lot if you like &!$$ing people off and not doing anything meaningful. These are the only viable endgame weapon and if you're using them anywhere else given their suicide component for most, you probably need to rethink a few things.

Want to pursue a worthy topic ? How about ammo for high fire rate weapons with low base damage, I don't think those should be spent at the normal rate. 

He is basically stating their needs to be a disadvantage to the weapon besides suicide.

And the strongest, and most valid response to that is still, imho? They're Clan Tech.

The investment for building them, in terms of resource farming, is high enough to balance that. One could argue that the Torid no longer fits, since it no longer causes self harm, however.

...I wouldn't argue that, but someone could.

200 Ammo Boxes and /Restore plates in your inventory and 540 rockets/nades ready to use...

48584,infiniteammo4LU33.jpg

Well, As you can see, i couldnt care less about ammo waste.

But we play a game with space ninjas, silent rocket launchers, "ammo restore "-things,ammo boxes, inventory cap of 200 items per stack, ammo transmute mods (instant sniper ammo to  rockets) and complain about unreal amounts of ammo.