Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Now That We've Run Out Of Dc Warframes...

dreampuke

Hawkframe was the last Warframe theme in the top 5 Design Council picks way back when (mid U8).

So that begs the question... How will future Warframes be decided?

Will DE go back to making ideas from scratch or will we get another poll?

Or maybe some other brilliant idea that I'm too stupid to think of *insert dunce hat here*

Edited by dreampuke

Hawkframe was the last Warframe theme in the top 5 Design Council picks way back when (mid U8).

Or maybe some other brilliant idea that I'm too stupid to think of *insert dunce hat here*

Good question , I think with all the fan concepts lying around they probably have a surprise frame or 2

.But there will probably be another poll 

There is still a wide pool of frame ideas that DE is interested in and have yet to act on, so I'm not particularly worried about them running out of ideas anytime soon.

I'd love to see another frame poll like the one you mentioned though - once of course they put together a couple ideas they want to nail down (and the probably already have that list ready).

My guess is the next frame after birdframe will be mostly DE prompted and not directly connected to anything outside of their team.

Edited by DJ_Redwire

I for one hope they scratch the whole "Design Council" nonsense in general. They should be fully capable of choosing what they're going to work on and when. Passion should drive warframe design & creation. 

Aside from the actual polls themselves the only thing Design Council does is annoy the rest of the players that know about it, and nobody respects the damn NDA of Design Council anyway. The stuff finds their way onto 3rd party sites as soon as DE announces something.

What's the point, apart from making people feel like they're above and better than other people that don't have Design Council access? Rhetorical question. Please don't quote me and try to answer it. 

Edited by DavidSPD

Wasn't there also some kind of "Rock" theme option in the poll?

Iron-Maiden-frame incoming

Yes, there was an Earth-themed frame as a part of that original poll, but it was also the least voted on. It remains to be seen if DE will want to revive that idea, considering it wasn't all that popular initially compared to the others(Antimatter/Necro/Hawk/Berzerker). Personally I'd be all for it.

Nova was the only DC frame. the rest were just themes and all DE's 

DC still getting flak for the abomination named nova. 

there are enough concepts laying around for DE anyways in various places around the forums as well as them having hired people to develop warframes and come up with their own ideas.

their polls are usually just priority  assignments rather then an actual vote. 

I for one hope they scratch the whole "Design Council" nonsense in general. They should be fully capable of choosing what they're going to work on and when. Passion should drive warframe design & creation. 

Aside from the actual polls themselves the only thing Design Council does is annoy the rest of the players that know about it, and nobody respects the damn NDA of Design Council anyway. The stuff finds their way onto 3rd party sites as soon as DE announces something.

What's the point, apart from making people feel like they're above and better than other people that don't have Design Council access? Rhetorical question. Please don't quote me and try to answer it. 

Interesting point calling the design council nonsense considering they were people who showed interest (and more than the just passing kind in most cases) considering they provided quite a bit of funding for the development of the game.  On top of that saying that no one obeys the NDA is bull, it's just that like any information leak it only takes one to break the silence.  On the note of what does the design council do, I'll give you that one since polling is the only real sway we have on the game's development from a decision standpoint (excluding unforeseeable alteration to design council functions).  DE realizes they have quite a player base that want to contribute to the game's success in all sorts of ways (frame concepts, weapon concepts, gameplay concepts etc.) and they're not dumb enough to completely ignore it.

Nova was the only DC frame. the rest were just themes and all DE's

Nova hit 1st place in the DC poll, but all of the other warframes (Nekros, Valkyrie, Oberon, Hawkframe) were in the top 5 of the poll (although Oberon was in 6th place I believe). So they kind of came from the DC poll, but they were not official DC frames.

Edited by dreampuke

Yes, there was an Earth-themed frame as a part of that original poll, but it was also the least voted on. It remains to be seen if DE will want to revive that idea, considering it wasn't all that popular initially compared to the others(Antimatter/Necro/Hawk/Berzerker). Personally I'd be all for it.

Well I never thought we'd have an actual bird frame, but hey, here we are...

Any long-term founders want to remind me what the top frames were? I know of Nova and Nekros. What were the other themes?

Nekros, Valkyrie, Hawkframe

That thread had a lot of ideas for the Hawk frame, I remember one being no active skills but all passives built in like double jump and glide.

Oberon was made from scratch... so I assume it will be a mixture.