Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Steel Charge And Melee 2.0

Jeerome0406

DE, just because you raised the max amount that Aura can be ranked, (Steel charge) which allows for some pretty nice numbers on terms of melee damage at the moment, this doesn't mean that you won't be touching each and every melee weapon in Melee 2.0 right?

I swear I remember in a livestream where that was promised, or something to that effect was promised. Every melee weapon and its damage/damage types/ speed/ crit /proc/ everything needs to be looked at over again. If this truly is going to be Melee 2.0, please don't just have the new system be plastered over the previous's weapons. All of those neat animations and sweet looking slashes aren't going to revamp melee if it still does no damage, unless you use a maxed out Steel Charge Aura with a team of others who are doing the same.

Daggers should for the most part be focused on puncture. Save for the heat dagger which could be fire elemental damage inherently. Maybe ceramic could be faster, and Dark could be more lethal. Ether daggers can be stronger than the fang, but the fang and their primed counterparts can be faster. (Prime might be proficient in damage and speed) Ether daggers should also be equal in all damage types.

Dual zoren can pretty much remain the same, except for the fact that they might want to do a little more damage. 

Dual ichor, pretty much as with the zoren, just maybe more damage.

Furax should deal high amounts of Puncture. Ankyros - slashing, and Kogake - impact with Obex being entirely magnetic elemental.

Long swords need to be unique, and different, due to their numbers and uselessness in Melee 1.0.

Heat Sword and Dual might be better off with fire damage. Jaw sword dealing powerful puncture, while cronus deals fast hitting puncture. Dark sword with heavy slashing and Skana (along with its versions) dealing quicker slashing damage type blows. (And for Lotus's sake, please make the Skana Prime a little more in line with Dakra?) Dakra prime could have more damage, same typing. Plasma sword with heavy impact, and maybe change up the Pangolin sword to dealing impact and puncture with quick succession. Ether sword, which I feel has no place, due to it being pretty uninteresting in any way, would need a damage increase (and changed to having equal percentages of damage types like Ether daggers), possibly speed too. Same with dual ethers. The Machete series would need to be pretty beefy in slashing. Mire would need more damage, and same with Prova and their elemental types.

Dual cleavers, kama, and dual kama probably could just get away with buffs on damage.

Amphis would need a buff, and Bo would need to do way more impact damage. Nilch on the slash and puncture, because how does a staff slash and puncture armor and flesh?

Glaive and primed, need to be buffed on damage. They are pretty amazing when you do hit, but they are almost a nuisance to bring to the battlefield because of how unwieldy they are. IF they hit, they should hit like a truck. Or like a helicopters blades. Kestral, the same (except impact).

Orthos and prime, more damage would do good for them. Jat kittag needs to be changed completely from being a polearm, (which it is on the road to being changed), and is for the most part fine, but needs to be faster. Having it deal amazing charge damage the longer it is held might be a cool niche for the weapon. (King dedede's hammer)

Scindo, buff please. Like crazy slashing damage. Fragor? Go nuts with the impact damage scale. Gram could have a balance of Impact and slashing. Magistar might be more interesting with impact and puncture. And good ol' Galatine could have a buff as well too. Melee wise. Its charge is okay (:P). Lecta and Scoliac? Buff their damage.

And as for the scythes, Ether reaper, hate, and Reaper prime. The ether reaper should deal puncture, (to stay with the ether weaponry family). Reaper prime should deal some insane slash and impact damage. And as for the Hate, well honestly, ALL of the Stalker weapons should be buffed, (Dread is now at an okay level) but the Hate needs some specific love. Tons of speed and slashing needs to be given to this bad boy of an anchor scythe. 

That's pretty much all I got to say, I have never truly been disappointed by DE, so please don't make Melee 2.0 be a first.

Its up to you awesome Devs now, thanks for reading.

It would be awesome if I can go a full game with a equipped melee without ever using guns. Doesn't hurt.....to dream. :)

Melee are equipable in Melee 2.0, that was one of the major aspects of the revamp.

As for each and every weapon being looked at, no. A few will be, a few will be added as well as new animations, but it's a system being put in place.

I just hope my Ichors don't get inadvertandly nerfed...

And is the zorencopter going to die?

Warframe momentum is being redone for melee 2.0, so we don't really know if that will remain.

In my opinion, having players spam click buttons to move faster around the map is counterproductive.

DE, just because you raised the max amount that Aura can be ranked, (Steel charge) which allows for some pretty nice numbers on terms of melee damage at the moment, this doesn't mean that you won't be touching each and every melee weapon in Melee 2.0 right?

I swear I remember in a livestream where that was promised, or something to that effect was promised. Every melee weapon and its damage/damage types/ speed/ crit /proc/ everything needs to be looked at over again. If this truly is going to be Melee 2.0, please don't just have the new system be plastered over the previous's weapons. All of those neat animations and sweet looking slashes aren't going to revamp melee if it still does no damage, unless you use a maxed out Steel Charge Aura with a team of others who are doing the same.

Daggers should for the most part be focused on puncture. Save for the heat dagger which could be fire elemental damage inherently. Maybe ceramic could be faster, and Dark could be more lethal. Ether daggers can be stronger than the fang, but the fang and their primed counterparts can be faster. (Prime might be proficient in damage and speed) Ether daggers should also be equal in all damage types.

Dual zoren can pretty much remain the same, except for the fact that they might want to do a little more damage. 

Dual ichor, pretty much as with the zoren, just maybe more damage.

Furax should deal high amounts of Puncture. Ankyros - slashing, and Kogake - impact with Obex being entirely magnetic elemental.

Long swords need to be unique, and different, due to their numbers and uselessness in Melee 1.0.

Heat Sword and Dual might be better off with fire damage. Jaw sword dealing powerful puncture, while cronus deals fast hitting puncture. Dark sword with heavy slashing and Skana (along with its versions) dealing quicker slashing damage type blows. (And for Lotus's sake, please make the Skana Prime a little more in line with Dakra?) Dakra prime could have more damage, same typing. Plasma sword with heavy impact, and maybe change up the Pangolin sword to dealing impact and puncture with quick succession. Ether sword, which I feel has no place, due to it being pretty uninteresting in any way, would need a damage increase (and changed to having equal percentages of damage types like Ether daggers), possibly speed too. Same with dual ethers. The Machete series would need to be pretty beefy in slashing. Mire would need more damage, and same with Prova and their elemental types.

Dual cleavers, kama, and dual kama probably could just get away with buffs on damage.

Amphis would need a buff, and Bo would need to do way more impact damage. Nilch on the slash and puncture, because how does a staff slash and puncture armor and flesh?

Glaive and primed, need to be buffed on damage. They are pretty amazing when you do hit, but they are almost a nuisance to bring to the battlefield because of how unwieldy they are. IF they hit, they should hit like a truck. Or like a helicopters blades. Kestral, the same (except impact).

Orthos and prime, more damage would do good for them. Jat kittag needs to be changed completely from being a polearm, (which it is on the road to being changed), and is for the most part fine, but needs to be faster. Having it deal amazing charge damage the longer it is held might be a cool niche for the weapon. (King dedede's hammer)

Scindo, buff please. Like crazy slashing damage. Fragor? Go nuts with the impact damage scale. Gram could have a balance of Impact and slashing. Magistar might be more interesting with impact and puncture. And good ol' Galatine could have a buff as well too. Melee wise. Its charge is okay (:P). Lecta and Scoliac? Buff their damage.

And as for the scythes, Ether reaper, hate, and Reaper prime. The ether reaper should deal puncture, (to stay with the ether weaponry family). Reaper prime should deal some insane slash and impact damage. And as for the Hate, well honestly, ALL of the Stalker weapons should be buffed, (Dread is now at an okay level) but the Hate needs some specific love. Tons of speed and slashing needs to be given to this bad boy of an anchor scythe. 

That's pretty much all I got to say, I have never truly been disappointed by DE, so please don't make Melee 2.0 be a first.

Its up to you awesome Devs now, thanks for reading.

melee 2.0 isn't even out yet and you're making assumptions...

Looks like melee weapon feedback. Sounds like melee weapon feedback. Must be melee weapon feedback.

Spoilers: It's melee weapon feedback. Also the devs go to the feedback forums for feedback, not General Discussion.

Moving.

Argh, I always mess up on placing my posts in the  correct topic. Sorry about that again, Letter13.

Jeerome, don't you think it is just a little funky to try to judge the Melee 2.0 situation before we've all gotten a chance to take a crack at it?

I mean, I understand you're just talking about your worries and what you see as a big hurdle and all. That's all good. But we are close enough at this stage that it is probably best to just ditch the worry and wait for the change to hit.

I'm at a point myself where I'm just not concerning myself too much with melee weapon stats and mods - since I'm betting most of them are going to need post 2.0 check ups anyway. I'm just waiting up for that point about a week or a week and a half after Melee 2.0 hits. B then many of the people around here will have played with it a decent bit and DE will have had time to work out most of the kinks typical of an entirely new gameplay system being added.

Jeerome, don't you think it is just a little funky to try to judge the Melee 2.0 situation before we've all gotten a chance to take a crack at it?

I mean, I understand you're just talking about your worries and what you see as a big hurdle and all. That's all good. But we are close enough at this stage that it is probably best to just ditch the worry and wait for the change to hit.

I'm at a point myself where I'm just not concerning myself too much with melee weapon stats and mods - since I'm betting most of them are going to need post 2.0 check ups anyway. I'm just waiting up for that point about a week or a week and a half after Melee 2.0 hits. B then many of the people around here will have played with it a decent bit and DE will have had time to work out most of the kinks typical of an entirely new gameplay system being added.

Well yes, I see your point and I am not presuming that they are going to half &#! it, because DE isn't like that. But as I was stating in the first sentence of my post, my real concern was that I hope they didn't buff Steel Charge to an astronomical level just because they didn't want to go through the melee weapons, upgrading where they need upgrading.

There's no point in worrying with the date drawing so near, but I still have to state my worry because that might have been something in mind when they modified Steel Charge.

Edited by Jeerome0406