Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Melee 2.0 Anticipation Megathread

gaurdianaq

I hate when I'm spamming normal attacks and I do a finisher.  They take way too much time and do next to nothing.  I would like the input for finishers to be more difficult to pull off unintentionally.  Since finishers work off of charge damage I shouldn't be able to pull one off if I am rapid attacking.

Parry mod and stuff needs to be applied to every melee weapon as base stats.

Valkyr animation and bigger claws are needed.

Especially weapons that hit a set number of enemies should be changed as hitting as many enemies as their range allows.

Last time I was on a melee 2.0 thread, they talked amout metal gear rising : revengeance. Since then I bought one and played. And while I found the game stupidly difficult :), melee combat system was basicly awesome. The blade mod, running attacks and especially one thing, continuous hanging in the air melee combat is one thing we need. Jump attacks are painfully idiotic, pathetically uncomprehensible.... Whatever, no more jump landing attacks, just god of war style air melee combat.

So. Much. This.

Make Valk's Ability4 cleave all the targets infront of her , get rid of the float and make it apply melee weapon damage/crit/element.

Every weapon that isn't FangPrime , Duel Ichors and Galatine needs a huge buff.

Maybe someone wants to potato is Sakana , Bo or even Dark dagger to be a viable option for endgame or something , the only viable endgame melee weapons are the ones mentioned either for  Major DPS or even insane OMFGBBQ charge attack damage.

Heck I'd say give us a melee "slot" , we press "Key" then switch into our melee weapon.

Dakra prime is currently the best longsword out. Amphis over Bo any and everyday. Get it....Along with the changes coming I wish the wall attacks would be fixed so that we can aim them properly.At one point if you held the aim button while running/attacking you could aim the attack ( TOOK ME FIvE MONTHS TO LEARN THAT) and now... it doesn't work anymore circa update 10 I think... I know this is a wish list my wish would be that we get a combat SYSTEM like the Ninja gaiden Black through 3 type although I know we only have one button for melee....I don't necessarily want a one shot melee attack just a system that makes it fun and interactive... I use melee al ot now but that's just my playstyle... I am hoping that the new animations and enemy types make the game that much better cuz Lord knows we have been patiently waiting....

Edited by Nkomo-Sama

DISCLAIMER: I do not know if this has already been discussed about, I searched the fourms and found nothing. This is something I noticed on the loading screen when you enter missions, load the game, etc. Don't get butt-hurt if its already been talked about/discovered.

Notice how Valkyr Holds the Jat Kittag AND The astiletto at the same time? Could this be a feature in melee 2.0?

exzRQqb.jpg

Edited by Z3ROWOLFHD

Most likely it's just to show off two new weapons from the update.

We have Zephyr, Valkyr who got a bit of a rework, the Akstiletto, the Jam Kitkat, the Dual Cestras and Oberon's Rudolph helmet.

... so why is Nekros there? Nekros Prime?!

well there is a 10% chance that it will be a different frame...

Most likely it's just to show off two new weapons from the update.

We have Zephyr, Valkyr who got a bit of a rework, the Akstiletto, the Jam Kitkat, the Dual Cestras and Oberon's Rudolph helmet.

... so why is Nekros there? Nekros Prime?!

I speculate that the Warframes shown are in order of newest to oldest, ranging from U12 back to U10.

It's just art. I really wouldn't look so far into it.

Notice how Oberon doesn't have his beer gut?

I think it was Artistic license being used here.

lol, he had a little touch-up done. he paid DE to photoshop it

anyhow, that would be interesting, but I feel like the jat kittag would be a bad weapon for that kind of feature. hopefully two-handed/heavy weapons will require two hands to wield in melee 2.0, but I'd be fine holding a gun and a longsword

so really they were just showing off the new items. also, the akstilleto should be two-handed as well, so unless valkyr prime/vandal has 4 arms, or she just gets and update for melee 2.0, there is so much wrong with that loading screen

Nah, it isnt melee 2.0 hint.

Frost Prime also was carrying Latron Prime in one hand and Reaper Prime in other.

Nope, in Melee 2.0 you can dual wield Primaries with Melee with the "Project Tethra" event exclusive mod, "Ancient Godly Immortal Redirection Retribution."

Nope, in Melee 2.0 you can dual wield Primaries with Melee with the "Project Tethra" event exclusive mod, "Ancient Godly Immortal Redirection Retribution."

You forgot to mention you can create a lore with it, travel through new tilesets and beat the non-existing end-game :D

------ 

Seriously now :) It's just a loading screen. Melee 2.0 will be with an option to equip your melee ( some sweet melee stances coming) and slash dudes with it. :)