The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Melee 2.0 Anticipation Megathread

gaurdianaq

Charge attacks are being removed. Charge mods will be probably converted to Channeling mods, or Fusion Cores.

Charge Mods getting changed to Fusion Cores are unlikely, given that there's no precedent for it. It's more likely that the mods dealing in Charge damage will have their functions changed to fit Melee 2.0, like how they converted several mods to fit Damage 2.0.

As many have surmised, it's likely that Charge Mods, especially the Nightmare ones, will have their Charge Attack functions changed to modify Melee Channeling instead, which if the devstream is to be believed is the system they're touting as the replacement for Charged attacks.

My guess is that some of the charge mods will be replaced by channeling mods or changed into channeling mods and those that don't work with the glaive or the channeling system will be turned into legendary cores which is what mods that are removed from the game turn into.

Hopefully, DE will replace them with new Melee 2,0 mods or at least give us Fusion Cores. Just plain out removing them would be a low blow.

Specially since they gave cores to the people that farmed the frick out of the Steel Charge thing.

Edited by Mr.Pava

What aboot the Galatine then, eh?

Galatine will no longer be OP-broken, there'll be no charge attack for it.

All meele weapons are being rebalanced, for example Bo is now prettty much one-hitting everything on Mercury.

What aboot the Galatine then, eh?

Only the glave/prime and kestral will be keeping their charge attack although I think one of the weapons from the design a melee weapon contest might have a charge attack as well.

I am sad charge attacks are going away. I personally dislike spammy melee, combos or not. However, hopefully a lot more weapons will be viable with the new melee system.

My only real request is that the Devs remove friendly collision for ranged and melee. With everyone trying to facef@#! enemies after melee 2.0, there will be a lot of shot and swing blocking.

I am sad charge attacks are going away. I personally dislike spammy melee, combos or not. However, hopefully a lot more weapons will be viable with the new melee system.

My only real request is that the Devs remove friendly collision for ranged and melee. With everyone trying to facef@#! enemies after melee 2.0, there will be a lot of shot and swing blocking.

u can choose the melee stance, so i wont be surprised if u can still use slow but heavy attacks

i will miss charge moves on melee.

Despite DE seeing it as something useless, i found it kind of accurate. 

Your melee would do an move set which wouldn't needlessly let you vulnerable while the animation was happening. This helped a lot when you simply didn't felt like poking with your sword uncontrollably. 

As far as I can tell charging your melee weapon will still be possible but only from a standstill. Does this mean our charge mods won't be replaced with something else but that they will rather simply become useless or highly situational? any takers?

Same as always: wait until its out, then we can freak out about what has been changed.

This. Another thread merged. :)