Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Melee 2.0 Anticipation Megathread

gaurdianaq

I only recently started playing again to reacquaint myself with all that is good with Warframe; I'd taken a break to wait for Melee 2.0. Much anticipation. 

Does anyone else remember that 'Meanwhile at DE headquarters' thread that happened just before Update 12? Good times. Even made the devs laugh :)

*sip* Yes, many laughs were had that day... *sip*

Knock downs have always affected melee combat.

There are lots of ways to trick heavies, either forcing them to knock down or kill them before they can do it.

Slide attacks and jump attacks hit them guys before they do their knock down.

Preemptive melee tip:

Build up you combo counter on small fry, and then go for the heavy.

The issue isn't ony with heavies : the shield lancers ; there's always on behind you to smash you onto the ground.

I'm just fearing that the system may feel sluggish D:

Well, theres a workaround that scott just didnt do, and its been around since the current melee system. Its called rolling. It prevents knockdowns

you don't get it do you  -_-

Don't tell me you've never been knocked down and experienced how it slows down the game's pace dramatically 

You can reflect knockdown, it was said in this Devstream, listen carefully.
I believe that's how Reflection mod works, or/and new ones
So, there is a way to defend yourself against knockdown with block. And also you can use stagger/combos with CC to prevent them from using this attack.

Edited by Skynin

Well Melee 2.0 is here in a few hours , yay ! 

Finally fluid melee combat .....or is it

It looks amazing and all , sweet combos and energy finishers but 1 thing in the devstream isn't reassuring at all (for me at least ) 

http://youtu.be/THYFOn4hHdI?t=52m27s

Basically Scott Just falls flat after being smashed by the gunner , kills some enemies and same thing happens 

That right there might become a problem later on  at very high levels ,  T3 survival ,  trying to keep up the pace stay fast  , slashing left and right and blam ....radial blast , you're on the floor just chilling and the leader void gunner finishes you off in a second....

i've posted A suggestion a while ago about a possible solution to that if it decides to remain the same  = recovery movement = aka backflips ,small aoe Rising up attacks , rolling and so on  . more details here  = https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/177682-de-i-know-youre-ultra-busy-with-20-but-i-hope-you-wont-forget-this/

what do you guys think of how knockdown's gonna impact melee gameplay? Because to me that screams don't melee heavies , keep the combos foe the light enemies -_-

Few hours?

Am I missing something?  Few hours is like......under 2 hours in my mind

you don't get it do you  -_-

Don't tell me you've never been knocked down and experienced how it slows down the game's pace dramatically 

sorry man, i dont think YOU get it. YOU CAN AVOID GETTING KNOCKED DOWN BY JUST PLAYING BETTER. Thats like playing mario and saying "damn that bottomless pit really got me. they need to invent some move that will help mario get over those pits"

sorry man, i dont think YOU get it. YOU CAN AVOID GETTING KNOCKED DOWN BY JUST PLAYING BETTER. Thats like playing mario and saying "damn that bottomless pit really got me. they need to invent some move that will help mario get over those pits"

you really REALLY don't get it.

I'm  a decent player , I don't die every 5 seconds ,

This game doesn't require a lot of skill , the fake difficulty lies in the stats and abilities,just numbers.

Melee 2.0 will add some skill  requirement to the game that i'm sure of .

The problem i'm trying to show is that WArframe is a fast paced game adn that the way recovery and  knockdown work slow down the pace too much that's it.

Read this and you'll understand

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/177682-de-i-know-youre-ultra-busy-with-20-but-i-hope-you-wont-forget-this/

I suggest faking them as of now, run in and as soon as you see them raise their fist jump away. If you time it right you can avoid the AoE blast even with the slowest frame.

But yeah I tottally agree with your other thread OP, with so many ways to get knocked down there should be more fluidity to getting back up and giving a little S#&$ back quickly.

Another pro tip: If you time a back handspring right you'll cause charging ancients to try and quick melee jab you while you dont get hit, and thusly they resume their slow lumbering pace.

..Reflect Knockdows?

is it a mod again >:( there shouldn't be mods for every single thing 

The reflection mod has been around for a long time.

It reflects damage and some CC effects which is pretty powerful (with Melee 2.0 anyway) so of course it should be a mod.

Edited by SolidSp33d

you really REALLY don't get it.

I'm  a decent player , I don't die every 5 seconds ,

This game doesn't require a lot of skill , the fake difficulty lies in the stats and abilities,just numbers.

Melee 2.0 will add some skill  requirement to the game that i'm sure of .

The problem i'm trying to show is that WArframe is a fast paced game adn that the way recovery and  knockdown work slow down the pace too much that's it.

Read this and you'll understand

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/177682-de-i-know-youre-ultra-busy-with-20-but-i-hope-you-wont-forget-this/

you think because i dont agree with you that i dont understand? dude i get it. Since ur perception of this game says "doesnt require a lot of skill" the moments that you get caught playing SKILLESSLY, you want removed from the game, or altered. You want a quick rise button. I get it. You want more of your fast running, wall leaping, cc locking 40 baddies at once while they can do barely anything in return power trip. You dont want that interrupted. I get it. Fact is tho, its really the only thing that bads have going for them outside of energy draining and raw numbers.

consider in every game you've played where theres a quick rise command. everyone is very much near the exact same pace of play. all fighting games, devil may cry, god of war... pretty much all of them, you might be MORE mobile sometimes, but there is always at least one enemy more agile than you. So a quick rise is warranted. 

But in a game that requires such little skill in your eyes... why do you keep getting knocked down by guys you can outrun and outmaneuver 10 fold?

I only recently started playing again to reacquaint myself with all that is good with Warframe; I'd taken a break to wait for Melee 2.0. Much anticipation. 

Does anyone else remember that 'Meanwhile at DE headquarters' thread that happened just before Update 12? Good times. Even made the devs laugh :)

I'm no doubt gonna remember that topic for the rest of my Warframe days.

There is a way to counter the knockdowns from heavies.

Timing a slide melee correctly, will prevent you from getting knocked down. Another thing you can do is equip Sure Footed and Fortitude for a steady 80% knockdown resistance. It's a good mod combination in case you mess up the timing on the slide melee.

Off course it would be great if we could parry those with a timed block as well.

There is a way to counter the knockdowns from heavies.

Timing a slide melee correctly, will prevent you from getting knocked down. Another thing you can do is equip Sure Footed and Fortitude for a steady 80% knockdown resistance. It's a good mod combination in case you mess up the timing on the slide melee.

Off course it would be great if we could parry those with a timed block as well.

If I only could find a Sure Footed..... Bombards are really stingy to part with them

you think because i dont agree with you that i dont understand? dude i get it. Since ur perception of this game says "doesnt require a lot of skill" the moments that you get caught playing SKILLESSLY, you want removed from the game, or altered. You want a quick rise button. I get it. You want more of your fast running, wall leaping, cc locking 40 baddies at once while they can do barely anything in return power trip. You dont want that interrupted. I get it. Fact is tho, its really the only thing that bads have going for them outside of energy draining and raw numbers.

consider in every game you've played where theres a quick rise command. everyone is very much near the exact same pace of play. all fighting games, devil may cry, god of war... pretty much all of them, you might be MORE mobile sometimes, but there is always at least one enemy more agile than you. So a quick rise is warranted. 

But in a game that requires such little skill in your eyes... why do you keep getting knocked down by guys you can outrun and outmaneuver 10 fold?

Because I don't have eyes behind my head and no one is invincible XD

+ i think it would harm newcomers more than veterans 

I've always juked KD shockwaves from heavies with a spin or a leap over their slams, countering with a slam on my own (for KD) followed up with a finisher stab (back then with Skana Prime it would be a charged attack but since they change charged animation......it never hits.........)

I don't think I'll have problems with that in Melee 2.0.............................................................

I'm more concerned now if Melee 2.0 will help against Commanders.....

I mean after all these months I've never seen one.......till I went on a defense alert the other day and man that ~2seconds where the frame is dazed, looking around like some sort of lost lamb, is probably a lot worse than being hit with a shockwave.

Or what about those rollers that give a different kind of stagger.....at least KDs lower your vertical hitbox, giving Grineer less surface area to hit you (when they're actually missing)...those two "stuns" aren't so forgiving though...