The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pubbing Kappa, Or How I Learned To Hate Hallway Heroes.

Icezeppo

Then why dont you stick to your clanmates and play with them instead of pestering everyone trying to be a &#! nonone likes. Makes it easier on the rest of us.

Who's pestering anyone here and did I give of that I did anything other than that I play solo or with clanies unless I need to mindlessly farm something.

Solution: make all affinity from kills and abilities being distributed in 30 meters radius from console/pod while timer is ticking. If some player is killing 100 meters away from objective, he will not get affinity, but those who stay in 30 m radius from objective  would get affinity from his kills. Even better if all loot drops, which occured outside of this radius, would be teleported inside near the objective.

Edited by Trvldl

The unspeakable horrors that happen in those hallways were not meant for tenno eyes.

Today I walked in on a Nekros swimming in about 35 Oxium on the ground while 4 Shadowy Corpus Techs were circling around him.

I backed away slowly and went to save the objective. 

damn nekros and his freaky ways !!   :)

too funny

so long as the doors stay shut and eyes arent everywhere, enemies will spawn. the more that spawn, the more XP and drops.

i fail to see the problem. ultimately youre there for XP and drops, and if you have a decent player, they will take notice when the defense targets are being damaged and will do something about it. this is something i do all the time.

theres no sense crying over what other people do. i maned up and did everything. the other people are there to keep spawn rates up, nothing more.

First of all , you have 15 metter xp share beyond this good bye XP , secondly being outside door , you will just lower the spawn , and what you don't understand in Co-OP being with your allies ? 

OP: usually to get them back i just follow them where they go , and some are ready to go really was for one more extra kill like outside door was not enought camping in the spawn area to...

Kappa with a pug group: 7-18 Oxium per run.

Kappa solo: 32-52 Oxium per run.

Run it solo, you'll save yourself some pain.

Oh and Oxium Ospreys don't leave a body for Desecrate to work on so taking a Nekros is only good for Cores.

Edited by Ziegrif

When i play valkyr or levelup my melee weapon, i always go outside because when  i was staying near console, they kept attack them dead and i got no chance to attack them to levelup my melee weapon.

Edited by ToKeSia

Sharing the same pain here. I once pointed it out to someone to kindly stay in the room so we all get shared xp. Responds with this is oxium farm, not xp. I'm like thats not for you to decide.

When I see one my jimmies get rustled. If I'm lucky to have a damage frame I run ahead of them and kill all mobs before they can. The terminal can die. Screw these c**ts.

I also play EVE, this community is hardly full of heartless people. Egoistic dumbasses, sure. But heartless? Hell no.

Well EVE is the ''How can I screw over a large number of people and massively benefit from it'' simulator.

Wasn't there a guy who stole billions of ISK from his alliance and then made a giant space station and disappeared into deep space?

I got my oxium and just plain don't run public mobile defense anymore.  Its not worth the headache or annoyance of missing all the exp just to stand in an empty room for 15 mins.  Boycott Kappa, they can all run around together as the pod blows up over and over.

In regards to the topic, I recently had a run in with one on a T3 defense. Our rhino decided that for the first 7 waves he was going to be all alone in the room you pass through before getting to the main hall with the cryo pod. Annoying not being able to kill as quickly because our stun guy was off lollygagging.

I also play EVE, this community is hardly full of heartless people. Egoistic dumbasses, sure. But heartless? Hell no.

Urm I have never played EVE.

mhm.... your ignorance is amusing.

Prove me wrong then I have seen the kill count rise much higher with a Nova spamming 4 rather than a team sitting at the objective.

I got my oxium and just plain don't run public mobile defense anymore.  Its not worth the headache or annoyance of missing all the exp just to stand in an empty room for 15 mins.  Boycott Kappa, they can all run around together as the pod blows up over and over.

same here. if i have to farm kappa for oxium like i did. i solo, go with clan mates or with knowledgeable and respectable players i have friend-ed.

Prove me wrong then I have seen the kill count rise much higher with a Nova spamming 4 rather than a team sitting at the objective.

you are mr10 with 400h in this game. and you still have no idea how spawn mechanics works? well i saw worse things in my life.

however if you are interested you may look for presentation of Daniel Brewer about ai for warframe. maybe you will learn basics of this game after all.

Often these hallway heroes don't even "win" in kills, either.

I've spent many a game babysitting the objective while xXx$n1p3rL0rdNarUT0xXx runs off chasing spawns while not realizing they sort of aren't supposed to spawn in the room a player is in (without latency sorcery, at least). So he usually ends up running further and further away like an idiot.

Then they go on and whine about how x frame is OP because someone on that frame beat them in kills while they were using their sick hallway strats to farm epic kill counts. worse still, the host is on a calculator so it's difficult to play, let alone gather loot.

Shame there's no feature to punish such uncooperative behavior.

EDIT: forum please stop ignoring my return key.

Edited by nogaems

A nova spamming MPrime might have more kills, but it means NOTHING if you kill stuff outside xp share range, which is the problem here.