The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nyx: The Worst Warframe In The Game

Etsoree

Its Nova doing damage, Absorb has no multiplier. 15,000,000 is most likely a bug, just like 100,000,000 Vectis screenshot

He already explained that. Nova does 400K per AD with a single shot of the Paris, the other players use Ogris and Penta, which adds damage both to the Absorb and to the AD. Summing all the damage, it's perfectly plausible that output.

Its Nova doing damage, Absorb has no multiplier. 15,000,000 is most likely a bug, just like 100,000,000 Vectis screenshot

Nova was dealing 400k damage per AMD.

With everyone else using big &#! boom weapons and all pumping it into Nyx.

It is very possible.

Nova was dealing 400k damage per AMD.

With everyone else using big &#! boom weapons and all pumping it into Nyx.

It is very possible.

You cant possibly deal millions of damage in 10 sec of Absorb without Nova, all the damage comes from Novas' Antimatter multiplier and Absorb only redirects it. You could probably stack 2 or more Antimatters to do 10+ mlns of damge. Nova is "balanced" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by Monolake

Note that this is entirely my opinion and my standpoints on the game.

Here's what I think about Nyx. She's just God awful.

Her health and shields, while yes, may be higher than some of the other "caster" 'Frames ( Vauban, Nova ), her armor is completely lacking. Yes, I know that there has to be some falloff in a Warframe's abilities, but giving her higher health and shields while lower base armor, a HUGE amount of a difference, is just depressing. She even moves slower than some of them while having a slimmer physical appearance.

Her powers? I do see the uses in them but I hate them, except for Psychic Bolts, the only actual fun one I think she has.

MIND CONTROL : Worthless. It targets one enemy and is a weaker/stronger form of Chaos. Weaker in the sense of being limited to one target out of every single enemy out there, and stronger in a sense of where the enemy shouldn't attack you ( bugs may cause it to attack you ). Targets die too fast to make this even worth using, and on higher level missions ( 40+ ) you may as well just use Chaos.

PSYCHIC BOLTS : You can make these potentially very powerful but at the cost of using up a ton of energy per cast, which makes this her only power even worth using for damage-dealing due to that concept being balanced. Yet, still, even if you try to make it a full-on damage build for these only, you lack completely in every other department if you plan on using any of her other powers. The targeting on them is very limited: tracking, but still, the game is a beta, so that can be forgiven.

CHAOS : God... this power, it causes me stress to no end. I can see its uses. It makes enemies attack their allies/their enemies at random. It prevents the team from being attacked more. It causes enemies to react to their former allies as now enemies, causing them to run about and take cover, causing even more stress being pulled off the players.

I personally think this is one of the two worst abilities in this game, the other being Absorb.

It was very badly done. It has strengths and weaknesses, balanced, but not something Warframe should use. The ability itself does not give anyone XP if killed while under the status effect ( possible bug ), and the ability itself cannot be used again until the effect wears off or if all enemies under the effect dies, being a "balance" in on itself. The ability is only useful at higher levels, much like Mind Control ( 50+ ), and is pretty much a stronger version of Mind Control, though you can compare many abilities to one another easily. No matter what you try to completely max out on the ability, it suffers somehow ( duration against range against efficiency ). If you try to max range as well it takes away from being able to physically see where enemies are at, easily losing potential drops, and still losing XP.

ABSORB : The worst ability in this game, even worse than Chaos. It has no use at all, unless the person playing as Nyx is about to get downed. The meditation state where you're actually absorbing damage either lasts far, far too long, or far too short. I would assume that players would max their power cards out for a Warframe on abilities they want to use, but even so, a 10 second long duration just with the power itself maxed out and no other effects against duration is way too long. By that time other enemies are killed very, very easily. You cannot use the argument of it's only good at higher levels here due to other far more useful powers being able to be used instead, INCLUDING Chaos ( Bastille, Vortex, Radial Disarm, Stomp, ect. ). 

Duration, high or low aside, if maxed, causes the ability a lot more harm than good. Its max base damage, modded correctly, is high I would say, but the strength it has against that base range ( maxed power card range ) if you ignore everything else is awful. Even the max range the ability has, modded correctly, is horrible, and makes the base damage it has almost as low as Psychic Bolts. An ultimate ability should not be that weak, even though it reflects damage back at enemies. 

I've probably forgot to list some of my key points here but I think that my statement has been made: Nyx is the worst Warframe in this game and needs a complete overhaul.

*EDIT*

People seem to be missing my point of that her powers are outclassed, far outclassed in what they're supposed to do, by other 'Frames.

This is not a troll thread.

I soloed a T3 MD with her. 

She only had 450 shields and 300 health. 10 armor. 

Max duration, flow and power efficiency. 

I can say the very least she's a defensive powerhouse. 

Edit: It's nice to have a level 45 Lifesteal Leader on your side fighting for you. :D

Edited by ikillyou8196

I can see why someone would call Nyx bad.  A lot of her powers (MC, Chaos, Absorb) are often irrelevant because everything dies so fast.  She's best in situations where CC is worth using, and for that happen, mobs need to not vaporize when someone so much as thinks about extending a finger toward the '4' button or drop over dead a split second after someone points a gun their way.  When mobs aren't trivial though, Nyx is quite useful and fun.

So, me, I like her, but I rarely use her because most things are too trivial.

I soloed a T3 MD with her. 

She only had 450 shields and 300 health. 10 armor. 

Max duration, flow and power efficiency. 

I can say the very least she's a defensive powerhouse. 

Edit: It's nice to have a level 45 Lifesteal Leader on your side fighting for you. :D

You can also do the same with Trinity, Mag and Vauban at the least.

Plus without a more confirming proof I can't really accept this as a truth.

One solo in a higher-tier mission doesn't make her good.

Note that this is entirely my opinion and my standpoints on the game.

Here's what I think about Nyx. She's just God awful.

Her health and shields, while yes, may be higher than some of the other "caster" 'Frames ( Vauban, Nova ), her armor is completely lacking. Yes, I know that there has to be some falloff in a Warframe's abilities, but giving her higher health and shields while lower base armor, a HUGE amount of a difference, is just depressing. She even moves slower than some of them while having a slimmer physical appearance.

Her powers? I do see the uses in them but I hate them, except for Psychic Bolts, the only actual fun one I think she has.

MIND CONTROL : Worthless. It targets one enemy and is a weaker/stronger form of Chaos. Weaker in the sense of being limited to one target out of every single enemy out there, and stronger in a sense of where the enemy shouldn't attack you ( bugs may cause it to attack you ). Targets die too fast to make this even worth using, and on higher level missions ( 40+ ) you may as well just use Chaos.

PSYCHIC BOLTS : You can make these potentially very powerful but at the cost of using up a ton of energy per cast, which makes this her only power even worth using for damage-dealing due to that concept being balanced. Yet, still, even if you try to make it a full-on damage build for these only, you lack completely in every other department if you plan on using any of her other powers. The targeting on them is very limited: tracking, but still, the game is a beta, so that can be forgiven.

CHAOS : God... this power, it causes me stress to no end. I can see its uses. It makes enemies attack their allies/their enemies at random. It prevents the team from being attacked more. It causes enemies to react to their former allies as now enemies, causing them to run about and take cover, causing even more stress being pulled off the players.

I personally think this is one of the two worst abilities in this game, the other being Absorb.

It was very badly done. It has strengths and weaknesses, balanced, but not something Warframe should use. The ability itself does not give anyone XP if killed while under the status effect ( possible bug ), and the ability itself cannot be used again until the effect wears off or if all enemies under the effect dies, being a "balance" in on itself. The ability is only useful at higher levels, much like Mind Control ( 50+ ), and is pretty much a stronger version of Mind Control, though you can compare many abilities to one another easily. No matter what you try to completely max out on the ability, it suffers somehow ( duration against range against efficiency ). If you try to max range as well it takes away from being able to physically see where enemies are at, easily losing potential drops, and still losing XP.

ABSORB : The worst ability in this game, even worse than Chaos. It has no use at all, unless the person playing as Nyx is about to get downed. The meditation state where you're actually absorbing damage either lasts far, far too long, or far too short. I would assume that players would max their power cards out for a Warframe on abilities they want to use, but even so, a 10 second long duration just with the power itself maxed out and no other effects against duration is way too long. By that time other enemies are killed very, very easily. You cannot use the argument of it's only good at higher levels here due to other far more useful powers being able to be used instead, INCLUDING Chaos ( Bastille, Vortex, Radial Disarm, Stomp, ect. ). 

Duration, high or low aside, if maxed, causes the ability a lot more harm than good. Its max base damage, modded correctly, is high I would say, but the strength it has against that base range ( maxed power card range ) if you ignore everything else is awful. Even the max range the ability has, modded correctly, is horrible, and makes the base damage it has almost as low as Psychic Bolts. An ultimate ability should not be that weak, even though it reflects damage back at enemies. 

I've probably forgot to list some of my key points here but I think that my statement has been made: Nyx is the worst Warframe in this game and needs a complete overhaul.

*EDIT*

People seem to be missing my point of that her powers are outclassed, far outclassed in what they're supposed to do, by other 'Frames.

This is not a troll thread.

Her powers are not outclassed, they have singularitys. Nyx is the perfect SOLO warframe, so thats why I almost never use her when playing with friends. What warframe I like the most? Rhino, because a cell of Rhinos can do anything, anywhere. A Nyx alone can do anything, but on a team she can only supports. I had read your post 4 times and I can not find a reason that can justify your words there. The only thing I've saw is, you like to do damage and the only power of her that do damage "on tap" is the psychic bolts.

Nyx is a Great Frame, perfect balanced Like Excalibur is.

Sorry the bad english.

Her powers are not outclassed, they have singularitys. Nyx is the perfect SOLO warframe, so thats why I almost never use her when playing with friends. ... A Nyx alone can do anything, but on a team she can only supports. 

I'm sorry, but that's just utterly untrue.  Nyx's Absorb--which when maxed for efficiency has a short enough duration to be useful and an utterly spammable energy cost--turns all of your cell's fire into an AoE explosion of doom.  It also simultaneously takes *all* aggro off of *all* targets in its area of effect, and provides your cell the breathing room to amplify its blast with friendly fire for the five to eight seconds it's up.  

In a capable cell of well-learned Tenno (the same kind of Tenno who know to shoot at Anti-Matter Drops and when/why to kill Mind Control targets), Nyx is a damage powerhouse, not at all the contrary that people seem to like to suggest she is.

That I could understand, although a maxed Rejuv heals up quite quickly/well I feel. How fast is the healing via Ancients? I tend to find with the indiscriminate killing by others, using MC/Chaos more or less paints a target on the enemy.

Do you find the faster recasting better? I feel (and have noted) that any late comers tend to end up fighting some strays of Chaos'd enemies. I have Overextended to increase the size of my Absorb (and Chaos as a side effect) for defence purposes.

I run Fleeting, Overextend, Stretch, and Continuity (will switch V to -- for constitution if I ever feel the need to forma her), with Redir and Vitality in the other two slots, and vigor, equilibrium, or pretty much anything in the slot for her 2. Fleeting + a duration mod gives me good enough duration (~20 seconds), which means I can recast it as needed; much less likely to end up stuck with power-in-use when I've got another batch of dudes to CC. Overextend + Stretch lets me hit everything everywhere with Chaos (which is why I need fleeting; having a couple leakers stopping me from recasting is likely). Of course, I play in groups often, so the first-time chaos targets get killed pretty often, so any newcomers are more likely to end up attacking me or my team.

I'm sorry, but that's just utterly untrue.  Nyx's Absorb--which when maxed for efficiency has a short enough duration to be useful and an utterly spammable energy cost--turns all of your cell's fire into an AoE explosion of doom.  It also simultaneously takes *all* aggro off of *all* targets in its area of effect, and provides your cell the breathing room to amplify its blast with friendly fire for the five to eight seconds it's up.  

In a capable cell of well-learned Tenno (the same kind of Tenno who know to shoot at Anti-Matter Drops and when/why to kill Mind Control targets), Nyx is a damage powerhouse, not at all the contrary that people seem to like to suggest she is.

I agree with you, sorry my point is unclear, with the right cell Nyx is a damage powerhouse, Her damage capability is outmatched only by Molecular Prime. But this happens only with the right cell, like friends. But playing with Nyx in random matches with random players can be difficult at times. That is why I said that she is the perfect solo Frame, for solo players.

Edited by ErickJatobA

I can see why someone would call Nyx bad.  A lot of her powers (MC, Chaos, Absorb) are often irrelevant because everything dies so fast.  She's best in situations where CC is worth using, and for that happen, mobs need to not vaporize when someone so much as thinks about extending a finger toward the '4' button or drop over dead a split second after someone points a gun their way.  When mobs aren't trivial though, Nyx is quite useful and fun.

So, me, I like her, but I rarely use her because most things are too trivial.

Exactly.

Even higher up levels she isn't too useful due to other CC's being "better" in my opinion.

Vortex via Vauban at least ragdolls and prevents enemies from attacking 100% of the time, so long as they're in the field.

Um... wut?

Psychic Bolts are good and Chaos is bad...?

I... see...

Nyx isn't  a tank, so she is bad.

Nyx isn't a nuker, so she is bad.

Nyx is the QUEEN of crowd control... so... she is bad...

You have a right to your opinion. You will not find many who agree.

In fact +69 when the main post got +2 lol >.>

How can some1 say nyx is bad, she can block a whole map for a long or she can cast like without cost in energy.... he was trolling i hope.

Exactly.

Even higher up levels she isn't too useful due to other CC's being "better" in my opinion.

Vortex via Vauban at least ragdolls and prevents enemies from attacking 100% of the time, so long as they're in the field.

I'm not sure you read the post you responded to thoroughly; they said that Nyx is useful when mobs are not trivial.

Nyx in theory scales infinitely with enemy level/stats. It takes a mere positioning adjustment on the part of the player to guarantee your cell isn't attacked by a stray enemy under the effects of Chaos. Chaos has no target limit (unlike Bastille) and has a ridiculously larger range than Vortex.

If you can't make Nyx work in high-level content, you are playing her wrong; there's no other way to put it.

I'm not sure you read the post you responded to thoroughly; they said that Nyx is useful when mobs are not trivial.

Nyx in theory scales infinitely with enemy level/stats. It takes a mere positioning adjustment on the part of the player to guarantee your cell isn't attacked by a stray enemy under the effects of Chaos. Chaos has no target limit (unlike Bastille) and has a ridiculously larger range than Vortex.

If you can't make Nyx work in high-level content, you are playing her wrong; there's no other way to put it.

Yea it' s not hard, maximize range, minimize cost and duration, put something for reduce damage incoming and put on a good primary / secondary and here is the most op for 80 waves + endless defenses....

(on my opinion)

Indeed.

Compare another frame's "nuke" skill, it'll always deal the same damage thus making it obsolete later on as the enemy is simply too well armored or has too much health and shields for it to be useful.

Mind Control and Chaos? Considering it's the enemy shooting each other... with their LEVEL-SCALED WEAPONS, it pretty much scales to infinity. Whereas other frames will hit a damage wall, Nyx will still be viable at any difficulty.

I think the OP should have renamed the thread "Nyx, the Warframe I dislike the most" as it's right out misleading to have one of the best CC frame with infinite scaling (in a game that has very little such scaling on the player's side) stated to be the worst. It's mechanically very viable; it does indirect damage mostly which is why people tend to shun her since she doesn't make things blow up in PhysX-enhanced particles.

I don't think Nyx's infinite scailing actually has much use , unless you have nothing to do and plan to go 100+ defense or 1h+ survival . 

I do like Nyx,though, she was the first frame i put a potato on . She cannot nuke everything down in a matter of second but her Chaos is simply one of the best skills in the game . With Chaos , she can do most things safely , use her with Shade sentinels and you are pretty much playing Warframe in " very easy mode "

Not to mention she doesn't even need any forma or potato to be effective , slap energy siphon in , get some decent survival mods on , put some duration,range,power efficency mods in and you can just press 3 for the win . Unless a leader drained my energy , i can just use Chaos forever .

Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

I think the reason Nyx isn't a fit for you is that your play style doesn't match hers. Nyx is an instigator; if you are getting aggro, you did it wrong.

Nyx is still the only frame in the game who's skills do no damage, but can kill everything in the room.

She was once classified as horribly OP, now she's just quietly powerful.

Don't expect a buff.