Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gorgon Wraith What Do You Think Vets?

XxMLGhaxProxX

So after abit of reading I realise that the gorgon in its prime(before2.0) was a legend.It got nerfed though and is now seen as not worth using.Now the wraith is coming and im wondering how you people think how good the gorgon wraith is compared to its non wraith version.

Faster reload time is the biggest bonus IMO.

Faster firerate helps a bit, but on the other hand it does less slash/puncture than the original.

IMO an upgrade, but still poop tier.

Edited by Shifted

I hope its good.

I remember when i started playing this game, the Gorgon was one of the best weapons.

Would be nice to see such a badass weapon, with an awesome sound, being brought on par with top tier weapons.

Well as of current weapon tiers I dont think that Gorgon Wraith will on par with now top teir weapons but it wont be crap. It will be a great CC and still pack a punch and with atleast two V polarities, as someone mentioned, it would be quite devastating maybe into the level 40 range. I am curious as to what sound it will make when firing; the classic gorgon firing or something else. Either way it will be a nice edition and ill use it just like I use my Viper Wraiths and that is only when required boss fights for Wvipers and low to mid level CC with W Gorgon. Ill like it more than the soma atleast. LOL skyping your Gorgon Wraith is gonna have the worst accuracy in the world :P you have to be like 6-10 meters to hit much xD

Edited by AllanIncubi

Gorgon was in it's prime when there really weren't any other weapons. When it's only competition was the Burston, Braton, and second only to the Hek. Of course, this was also back when they first started adding mastery rank requirements. This was also back before enemy levels could scale infinitely, and bosses were just timesinks and ammo dumps. Also before this current mod system, which has scaled everything way beyond those days. Then we finally got the boltor, which was god tier for a short while before getting severely nerfed (it had perfect accuracy and armor ignore). I want to say originally Gorgon was pretty accurate as well until they started messing with the CoF and spinup.

Nothing terribly wrong with it  mind you, but it obviously didn't quite scale to the same degree as the Supra and Soma since then in terms of guns in its class.

im just going to hold my opinion until i see actual stats and performance.

just remember: when strun wraith was the prize, many a player talked a lot of trash about it, then it came out and wrecked everything that moved.

not saying this will be the case this time, but still. prepare.

Well based on it's stats, it doesn't seem anything special. It's not even much of an improvement over the regular gorgon. However, I remember one player compared the old gorgon to having 4 latrons strapped together lol. If it's anything like that, it's safe to say it is going to be popular.

On the bright side, we get a free weapon slot. So if GWraith is as crap as you guys call it, I'll just sell it once I ranked it up to 30.

hell it could be an mk-1 braton wraith and I wouldn't sell it (yes I know there are no wraiths for tenno weps)

i may enjoy using GorgonW.

i don't like the look of the Weapon so that'll be a detractment, but even if i only level it and shelve it, i'll enjoy myself in the sense of throwing as much lead downrange as possible.

like, who doesn't like doing that once in a while?

So after abit of reading I realise that the gorgon in its prime(before2.0) was a legend.It got nerfed though and is now seen as not worth using.Now the wraith is coming and im wondering how you people think how good the gorgon wraith is compared to its non wraith version.

It was actually still very useful even after the nerf...the nerf was only to it's sniper-like accuracy on the first few shots.

The reason why it isn't used anymore is because now we've got rocket launchers, grenade launchers, and flame throwers...acid throwers...tentacle ticklers...flak cannons......not to mention radius destructive hot-pink atomic farts from Nova.

So yeah, Gorgon Wraith will be nice...but far from useful.

Nerfs didn't kill it, power creep did.

Edited by Thaumatos