Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Founders Pack End-All According To De

-Krux-

"There is continued talk from players about bringing it back, or some aspect of rerelease, but it’s very unlikely to occur."

Does this not bother anyone else? I think it was made very clear several times that Founders Program Access was completely cut off indefinitely. Why now, all of a sudden, DE isn't so stern about it. This used to be a confident "No, exclusive is exclusive, this will NEVER be released" even clearly stated in a livestream.

Now in hot-topics thread, there's a sense of uncertainty and doubt.

That doesn't sit well with me. "Very unlikely to occur" should say "it WILL NOT happen, period"

--------

I funded the game because I really liked it, not because I wanted exclusives to show off.

If Excalibur Prime ever gets rereleased, I won't be offended. It's not like he's OP or anything.

Your opinion may differ.

Right, that's you. I feel otherwise, as do many others. Regardless....that brings to light another aspect of the whole thing. 

*There are NO FOUNDERS who WANT people to have access to founder's pack.

There's 2 points of view from the founders:

1- I don't care

2- Don't release it, it's mine.

Neutral and Exclusiveness are the only feelings had about it from founders.

Only people without it complain about not having it, which they don't really have say since...we're the founders..

----------------------

*Couple of people said they "want" people to have this stuff, but they seem like the kind of people who disagree just to disagree.

Anyways, this topic ended up turning into Just Another ..founders topic.

The point was to ask for clarity behind DE's words. It may have just been strictly political, I get that.

As for the direction it takes, I quoted a reply from the thread above..

The weight leans towards founders either not caring or for the most part, asking for remained exclusiveness.

Edited by -Krux-

"There is continued talk from players about bringing it back, or some aspect of rerelease, but it’s very unlikely to occur."

Does this not bother anyone else? I think it was made very clear several times that Founders Program Access was completely cut off indefinitely. Why now, all of a sudden, DE isn't so stern about it. This used to be a confident "No, exclusive is exclusive, this will NEVER be released" even clearly stated in a livestream.

Now in hot-topics thread, there's a sense of uncertainty and doubt.

That doesn't sit well with me. "Very unlikely to occur" should say "it WILL NOT happen, period"

they getting pressured lol.

I would say because there are a lot of issues concerning the current levels of power with the founders exclusives being fairly weak over all and not worth bringing to missions, the lore implications of making those primes exclusives which ever since the release of primes in the void doesn't make sense, neither of which can be adjusted since the program is closed. 
There's a stupidly massive thread going on about it, you should probably check there. 

I'd actually expect them to for the PS4 server, as PS4 players did not have access to the founders program.

For bringing it back to the the PC side, if they had the same pricing (or higher) and the same rewards for bringing it back to PC, I'd see no issue with it either.

Also, the built frames and items are exclusive to the program, but that doesn't stop the from introducing blueprints and parts so they can be built like they do for Prime Access programs.. so I can see them doing that, too..

They are just trying to be diplomatic.

The fact is that they cant really bring it back because it would cause a breach of sales contract. Which, at least in the EU, allow people to get a full re-fund on the founders pack that they have bought (and dont think that this is all that unlikely. EU did go to Valve because its a customer right there to be able to re-sell software which valve wasn't allowing).

I know quite a few founders that would take offense at them opening it up because the reason they bought the packs is the exclusive gear. If they brought it back they would have quite a few founders demanding refunds and potentially going through the courts to get it.

They are just trying to be diplomatic.The fact is that they cant really bring it back because it would cause a breach of sales contract. Which, at least in the EU, allow people to get a full re-fund on the founders pack that they have bought (and dont think that this is all that unlikely. EU did go to Valve because its a customer right there to be able to re-sell software which valve wasn't allowing).I know quite a few founders that would take offense at them opening it up because the reason they bought the packs is the exclusive gear. If they brought it back they would have quite a few founders demanding refunds and potentially going through the courts to get it.

If something like this ever made it to courts, I would indeed lol.

I funded the game because I really liked it, not because I wanted exclusives to show off.

If Excalibur Prime ever gets rereleased, I won't be offended. It's not like he's OP or anything.

This.

Btw, even if i haven't received my founder shirt and HB, still like it.

Edited by Spectre-Agent

I'd actually expect them to for the PS4 server, as PS4 players did not have access to the founders program.

PS4 players had just as much chance at it as new PC players, there should be no difference between them.

To me it isn't about exclusives, although I do like running Excalibro Prime and flaunting it every now and then, it is about them saying they wouldn't release it. They gave their word, if they go back on it then I won't trust anything they say in the future, very bad practice for a company.

If they released this again, or let the exclusive items become obtainable again, I would stop playing until all previous weapons such as Vandals and retired market weapons were obtainable as well.  I am a collector, so I get that people want everything.  I want the Vandal series, so I am hoping they release them again in some fashion like they did with the Brakk.  I feel a bit differently about the Founders items because we paid a decent amount of money for a game we didn't even know would survive.  But if the price was the same, AND they allowed people to obtain other lost-chance weapons, I would be OK I think. 

Or they could make it some crazy reward for grinding this game.  Play for 1000 hours and items unlock or something.

They are just trying to be diplomatic.

The fact is that they cant really bring it back because it would cause a breach of sales contract. Which, at least in the EU, allow people to get a full re-fund on the founders pack that they have bought (and dont think that this is all that unlikely. EU did go to Valve because its a customer right there to be able to re-sell software which valve wasn't allowing).

I know quite a few founders that would take offense at them opening it up because the reason they bought the packs is the exclusive gear. If they brought it back they would have quite a few founders demanding refunds and potentially going through the courts to get it.

If the same founders program the items were exclusive to returns then they still control the exclusivity. The dates available have nothing to do with it. No courts necessary. Just like no courts were necessary when they extended the founders program past closed beta end date to November 2, 2013.

Your opinion may differ.

Right, that's you. I feel otherwise, as do many others. Regardless....that brings to light another aspect of the whole thing. 

There are NO FOUNDERS who WANT people to have access to founder's pack.

1- I don't care

Only people without it complain about not having it, which they don't really have say since...we're the founders..

There are NO FOUNDERS who WANT people to have access to founder's pack.

1- I don't care

Amen