Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Think The Lotus Is Lying

Llyssa

Grineer are not willing to die for the core

They are clones, they don't care.(Atleast, They shouldn't)

But they clearly do, otherwise, why would Hek waste his time threatening them with death if they fail to stop us?

Or they are going to be destroyed, like is mentioned in the game.

You're assuming Lotus is honest.

I am considering that she may be dishonest, and that she may have a hidden goal. Assuming that Lotus is dishonest, what I said is a possible use for the bombs. 

You're assuming Lotus is honest.

I am considering that she may be dishonest, and that she may have a hidden goal. Assuming that Lotus is dishonest, what I said is a possible use for the bombs. 

We have no reason to assume that she isn't honest, nor should we.

It's possible that the more intact the core is, the easier it is to get rid of it. No damaged systems, you could just manually shut it down and throw it into the sun or something.

With a damaged core, just kick it and it would explode, possibly making that region of space uninhabitable for a time, too, due to much, much more radiation being there.

well...

little comic about this, by yuikami:

When did she post that?

Except for the fact she knew the Corpus had assaulted a base that was developing Oxium, making off with the research, and only AFTER THE OXIUM OSPREYS were deployed were we told anything about it. That may not be dishonesty, but it's pretty fuckin' suspicious.

IIRC it was outright stated in a livestream that Lotus was not to be trusted.

Llyssa (OP) raises some valid point about how the operation is questionable. 

The release of the Grustrag three showed that Lotus has an overly controlling attitude, even if we mope the floor with G3. 

Without even quoting one of the numerous conspiracy thread about Lotus out there, I feel fully justified in having a balanced amount of doubt about her. 

Edited by Kinperor

The reason way we doesn't blow the cores on the planet is becouse we want the life on the planet to continue to live and there is the chance that humans that are not Tenno, Grineer or Corpus is still alive and wants to come back to the planet. Wish we are protecting. (Don't remember if I heard this from DE or if it was a players thought)

It's from DE via livestream. Also the Tenno are good this is also from DE. It's possible that they are lying but then that makes EVERYTHING they have ever said lore wise suspect and we have no basis to argue anything at all.

IIRC it was outright stated in a livestream that Lotus was not to be trusted.

Llyssa (OP) raises some valid point about how the operation is questionable. 

The release of the Grustrag three showed that Lotus has an overly controlling attitude, even if we mope the floor with G3. 

Without even quoting one of the numerous conspiracy thread about Lotus out there, I feel fully justified in having a balanced amount of doubt about her. 

Find this for me, and I will yield.

Well, we actually have 2 options here: 1, Lotus isn't being honest with us, or 2, Lotus is really really dumb.

If we have "no reason" to believe anything other than the idea that a brilliant commander who's coordinating millions of strike teams across the solarsystem all at once is, in fact, dumber than a box of bricks, please, share the undeniable evidence.

Otherwise, we have great reason.

Bleh, I don't remember in which stream it is and I couldn't care less about your 'yield'. 

Not losing my time reviewing every hour-long stream for that.

I'll back you up it was said sort of, the way it was said though made it seem like a "we've got ideas but nothing may come of it" sort of thing.

I'll back you up it was said sort of, the way it was said though made it seem like a "we've got ideas but nothing may come of it" sort of thing.

all I remember is them joking about the Lotus conspiracy theories on here in Livestream 22 or 23.

There was an time-travelling alien who devastated all in his home planet, just to assure the destruction of their opponent along with it.

He regret it, suffered the grief for more than 400 years. He even despise himself, never wanted to see his past in such literal manner by meeting through time and space. Add insult to injury, his race's greatest enemy survived the destruction and lived at all.

Forget the time-and-space thing. The point is destroying the core would destroy Earth, along with any shipyards and Grineers left in it. How sure are you that those are the only shipyards in the system? Would even Vay Hek or any other Grineer VIPs come along with the cores' Kingdom-Come blast?

I am, for one, won't like Earth to be completely destroyed. That's like... where Oberon's weed packages came from.

Edited by faustias

Should you question the loyalty of every commanding officer that gives you an order? It's called doing their job. This is nothing that hasn't been done a million times in games, shows, and movies. No matter what the case you're going to get scolded on some level for not following orders. She told you to get out because she feared for your safety, and you're supposed to be following your CO in a mission. That tells us how the Tenno usually operate on missions, (implying it wasn't clear already) not that Lotus is bossy bossy McFussy pants.

Edited by SolidSp33d

the cicero crisis was all about protecting earth´s new enviroment from grineer contamination and destruction, makes sense not wanting nuclear waste all over earth or any planet. Tenno reactors in dojo don´t look nuclear like grineers so idk if they can use them.