Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fix. My. Clan. Emblem. Now!

GunerXX

So my emblem finally got approved and today was an update, I was so excited to see our new clan emblem... Then I got this poo...

I tried loging off and on to see if it was a bug. I tried taking my emblem off and putting it back on. It still looks like poo.

The current Emblem upload/Preview function on the website is UNACCEPTABLE! It is YOUR way of greadily making more money and screwing over YOUR players!

This is what my emblem looked like in the preview.

4ExGPmv.jpg

And this is our InGame Emblem.

YFNMC0c.jpg

^THIS IS TOTAL CRAP

I am absoluetely furious! You took my 150 Plat, and made me wait a week and 4 hotfixs later, for this poo?!

I WILL NOT UPLOAD ANOTHER ONE UNTIL I AM REFUNDED 150 PLAT FOR THIS poo! YOU WILL NOT SEE A GOD DAMN DIME FROM ME UNTIL THIS IS FIXED!

Go ahead. Lock my thread. Delete my thread. Give me a warning point. Ban me. I. Dont. Care.

TLDR

if you couldnt tell...Im mad.

elGmIzB.jpg

OVuVOEL.jpg

Edited by Letter13
profanity

I WILL NOT UPLOAD ANOTHER ONE UNTIL I AM REFUNDED 150 PLAT FOR THIS poo! YOU WILL NOT SEE A GOD DAMN DIME FROM ME UNTIL THIS IS FIXED!

You're not helping yourself like this.

And what the hell is your symbol anyways? Is that a Gorgon facing down?

First of all, I'm sorry that you were cheated out of your clan image.  I agree that you should be refunded your plat, and maybe even more because of time waited.

HOWEVER

To my understanding, cursing and rudeness towards the people in power never tends to work.  It's like arguing against a parent as a child.  Perhaps submitting a bug report in the support.warframe.com website in polite language would net you better results?

Also, is it worth getting banned over a clan emblem?

Edited by Sadisticnerd

The lighter the colors, the more it glows. Their preview does not take into account their insane glows it seems.

And most wont care in General, at least no one who can do anything. Make a nicer in tone support ticket. Otherwise, they wont deal with a irate (although understandably so) individual.

Edited by Firetempest

Do you have color correction, bloom and anti-aliasing turned on? If so, try turning them off.

Color correction may cause discolorations of colors (clan emblem included).

Bloom may make your emblem appear too bright.

Anti-aliasing will blur the heck out of your emblem, especially if it has transparencies.

Do you have color correction, bloom and anti-aliasing turned on? If so, try turning them off.

Color correction may cause discolorations of colors (clan emblem included).

Bloom may make your emblem appear too bright.

Anti-aliasing will blur the heck out of your emblem, especially if it has transparencies.

Bloom Off.

Turned off color correction. No change.

Anti-aliasing is always off.

Bloom Off.

Turned off color correction. No change.

Anti-aliasing is always off.

Sorry to hear then. You should maybe send in a support ticket to ask if they can tone the gamma levels down so that the colors aren't whitewashed.

But you're given a clear warning on the submission page that you can't get a refund.

Would you mind posting the 128x128 PNG file you submitted so I can take a look?

Sorry to hear then. You should maybe send in a support ticket to ask if they can tone the gamma levels down so that the colors aren't whitewashed.

But you're given a clear warning on the submission page that you can't get a refund.

Would you mind posting the 128x128 PNG file you submitted so I can take a look?

No. That is Bull poo. If the emblem came out CORRECTLY but for w/e reason I wasnt happy with it then I would have no right to ask for a refund.

THIS IS TOTAL TRASH!

You guys goofed something up. And you need to fix it.

Edited by Letter13
profanity

No. That is Bull poo. If the emblem came out CORRECTLY but for w/e reason I wasnt happy with it then I would have no right to ask for a refund.

THIS IS TOTAL TRASH!

You guys goofed something up. And you need to fix it.

You know, it really isn't a great idea mouthing off at the community moderator who doesn't have any dev powers who's trying to actually help you.

...No, I don't have any suggestions, just making an observation.

Looking at your emblem, the first thing I notice is that there's a 1~2 pixel "outline" around the lotus; this is probably causing the blurring of the emblem when the game resamples the image into the game's texture format.

Also, please try to watch your language. Spewing profanity doesn't help anyone, especially you.

Ok here's what I'm talking about:

High res (black background for clarity):

WZd2bHV.png

If you notice, the red circles indicate the "brighter outline" around the lotus. This is where the problem (causing the lotus to look weird on the final logo) starts.

Emblem res (black background for clarity):

8KKFZmp.png

If you notice here, same circles, but the brighter outline has become a 1~2 pixel outline on the emblem itself. This brighter outline clashes with the colors of Lotus's outfit, and resizing the emblem (shrinking it to the proper size) causes both a loss to detail as well as blending of the border between the lotus and the outline.

In short, when making an emblem and you want to use an image, either do not use an outline or use a thick, dark outline to accentuate the brighter colors of the image and to have it show up more clearly.

The lotus emblem itself seems perfectly fine in both the emblem file and the displayed picture (a bit bright, but it's not hard to make out or anything).

I have had a similar problem myself, check post:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/158963-making-clan-emblems/#entry1884320

The problem hails from the fact that the preview on the website simply puts your image on the frame, while in-game your image is shown in a 'close to additive' mode, get a slight extra glow effect into your image (not the in-game glow, this one is inside your image) and atop that the in-game glow effect.

As the very kind (man, that's some incredible patience you have there) Community Moderator Letter13 said, try a dark outline. In my case that helped a lot to minimize the glow already. As for the color-loss part - well, that indeed looks a rather large artifact.

The preview is there to show if there are problems with your image, would be nice if they've updated it to reflect the results in more precisely but, main thing is, if you do what I did - opening a ticket and talking with them first, in a RESPECTFUL manner -, you can solve this problem fast. If you are lucky, without the use of plat... high chance, since it's pretty easy to see that the outcome is very different from your image or the preview and those at DE actually want to help. Again, if you mind your manners and stop behaving like a brat crying for candy.

Edited by K_Shiro

This happened to me too, i got some weird outline on the top area.

Got to wait to see if something can be done later on.

I dont know how many people are submitting emblem but when they have time they should check all of them to see how they came out and fix any possible mistakes.