Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fun's Over De, Remove Broken Lights Already.

Z3ROWOLFHD

If you don't want people to insult you, posting something intelligent that shows you've clearly put some actual thought into what you are writing would be a good way to make it so people won't be so inclined to insult you to begin with.

You can clearly see that the people in those screenshots you are responding to are getting hit while crossing through the doorway or even before even reaching the doorway, and that the lights are located such that you must cross through the door in order to shoot them.

If you aren't even going to take a good look at the post you're responding to, you're probably going to end up looking dumb, which leads to the obvious chain of events.

I wasnt able to tell what was going on in that last picture with all the brightness and he didnt describe them so coming up with a incorrect idea of what he is trying to put across is nothing but his fault. So the "chain of events" starts with him.

when there is only one in a fairly noticeable location it is fine, the problem occurs when there are two or more within a short distance of each other that are hidden around corners or above the other side of a door. Or even at the spawn location so that you get killed during the entrance cine.

OK, one just hit me during an Invasion, chained to the window and caused a hull breach :(

So on an Invasion mission, where things are exploding anyway, and there are Electrical particles already in the levels, there are now broken lights?

Now every time there is an explosion and the level rocks, spitting particles... you are not sure if that is an atmospheric detail, or a hidden trap that can strip your shields and a cause a hull breach at the same time.

They are not controversial, just bad!

Reduce the number in a level down to about a tenth, make them need LoS to hit a target, and remove them from Mercury.

Simple.

When first implemented, they were a god-damn nightmare, either insta-killing me if I was low on shields, or I'd get double zapped when running through a doorway and have to waste a revive.

Since they've been nerfed, they're still an annoyance, and quite often I spawn in a ROOM FULL of the things, and I instantly die.

Just remove them ;_;

the lights are stupid

just yet another cheap shot from DE

'we need something new to hit players'

'i know, how about electrical zaps that only target players?'

'how to implement...hmm, they could be mines'

'no no, then they'd know it was just another cheap shot, and we would have to make those able to target enemies of the grineer, like infested and corpus, too much work'

'ok, how about broken lights? we don't understand electricity and how it works, so they don't either, we could get away with that'

'good idea, lets go with that'

don't try to make excuses for the lights, don't try and make excuses for DE. they're big boys and girls, they can defend themselves and you won't get any brownie points anyway.

it was a bad idea, with even worse implementation. it doesn't follow any of the known laws for electricity. it doesn't follow any sort of logic that the grineer would leave something so dangerous broken, much less that they'd use that high of voltage in just LIGHTS. to arc 1 inch (2.5cm) the voltage required is approximately 75,000

that's right, 75,000 volts. and how far does the arc on those lights reach? much less why would grineer even be using lights that require that kind of voltage when even incandescents in this era 120v and light just fine. not to mention car headlights...12v

because grineer are stupid.

Don't remove them, do them right.

The problem with broken lights is that they're unavoidable and uninteractive.  Many players will play with low volume to play music in the background because this game is linear and finding enemies with sound isn't that important in a linear area so they won't hear the lights unless they are REALLY loud. Broken lights artificially slow the pace of the mission by making you scared to play.

If I were implementing them I'd divide the broken lights into two types.

lights that "break" when broken by powers (or potentially gunfire) act like broken lights that can continuously stun and damage anyone in the AOE for a limited time.

Lights that have been "trapped" by grineer that have a slow-blinking bright red glow somewhere on them, look considerably different from regular lights and explode, stun, and blind players that trigger them. Keep a delay between players triggering them and the blast but give the blast a aoe of about 25-30m.

The randomly generated traps need to have a "tell" that lets you know there's one nearby. If you want to add difficulty remove the tell.

Edited by sewens

Just a horrible idea with poor implementation. A mechanism to stop people from rushing? So let's get this straight. DE makes a game about "SPACE NINJAS" that wield incredible powers and weaponry. The game is based on cover and mobility, parkour, no less and they want us to go SLOW? Yeah OK that makes all the sense in the world. I can see the new mods now... "Wall walk", "Belly Crawl", "Rubber Boots", "Slow Motion" all in the name of avoiding those pesky lights.

"delayed thoughts"? :3 Edited by Legion-Shields

It was a bad idea to begin with, the implimentation was even worse though. The Grineer should have traps for sure, laser trip wires, mines or mechanical in nature would work for their theme, broken lights that spawn in random locations and sometimes in clusters just would never work.

Get a QA team for gods sake, beta players are rarely trained to give adequate initial feedback or analysis of new features.

Let me just say now, if I'm using a volt, I shouldn't be harmed by electrical hazards, Frost shouldn't be affected by the ice hazards, and Ember shouldn't be affected by the fire hazards. It's just smarter way to fix this crap. Btw, I still don't mind the lights being in the game, they just need to be nerfed.

OK, one just hit me during an Invasion, chained to the window and caused a hull breach :(

So on an Invasion mission, where things are exploding anyway, and there are Electrical particles already in the levels, there are now broken lights?

Now every time there is an explosion and the level rocks, spitting particles... you are not sure if that is an atmospheric detail, or a hidden trap that can strip your shields and a cause a hull breach at the same time.

They are not controversial, just bad!

Reduce the number in a level down to about a tenth, make them need LoS to hit a target, and remove them from Mercury.

Simple.

Exactly, as I said, they are on invasion missions. But the problem is, they only spawn when you SIDE WITH THE GRINEER. Corpus nor Grineer get zapped either way. And the best part is, when you side with corpus, they don't spawn. Its quite humorous, actually.

Let me just say now, if I'm using a volt, I shouldn't be harmed by electrical hazards, Frost shouldn't be affected by the ice hazards, and Ember shouldn't be affected by the fire hazards. It's just smarter way to fix this crap. Btw, I still don't mind the lights being in the game, they just need to be nerfed.

DE Said that they would never add something like passive resistance, I don't remember why.

Edited by Z3ROWOLFHD

They need tweak? Hell yes. Remove them? No.

The whole point of this is for player to be careful, not just go carelessly everywhere shooting all with no consequences nor deterrant other than the enemies that you can already decimate so easily.

I see a lot of posts claiming it to be not proper for space ninjas since they impede the rush. Are not ninjas those who actually go around being unseen and striking from the shadows? Now people go around destroying all with rocket launchers, grenade launchers, laser beams and what not and they still believe to be ninja?

As a ninja we should be paying attention to what is around us and acting on the best outcome of the situation and avoiding most of the combat.

This should not be a walk on the park where we expect everything to come with no effort nor danger. If this is what people want, we should get rid of high level enemies. I mean, they can be dangerous too. They deal and take a lot of damage. If we are on that, then get rid of the rest of the enemies as well, since the dangerous ones are gone, the rest is just a chore. Oh, but then we have to walk from the drop point to the escape pods. We are not explorers who take a walk on random locations, we are ninja, so, lets get rid of the levels as well. We Should be able to just click the mission we want and then get a pop-up giving us some random rewards. Ah, but then the RNG is a pain, it should go too, so let us just select what we want to get.

The above paragraph was not only utterly exaggerated but it sound really absurd, does it not? Unfortunately that is what it sounds to me with all the increasing cries for the lights, the rewards, the RNG, the leaders, just to mention a few. 

Some things on the game are not perfect. Most cold be tweaked to get closer to perfection, since people have different opinions, there is not such thing as perfection on this matter. However, just plainly requesting all those things instead of some good feedback is as absurd as my nasty paragraph.

The lights should be tweaked, not deleted.

All lightbulb jokes aside, this is definitely a controversial inclusion that has had (almost) unanimous 'removal' feedback. Relaying feedback on this mechanic, even after tweaks have occurred. 

At their core, environmental hazards like this are an awesome idea.  However, they were executed poorly; hunting down electrical traps that can zap you from obtuse corners and high heights slow the pace down.

Arguably, they slow the pace down to what it should be already, given that most missions are just breezed through by anyone with sufficient gear.  But still, even as someone who loves challenge, these just weren't fun for me.

This is the last time I'm going to say this. REMOVE THEM ALREADY. NO ONE WANTS THEM, AND THEY ARE IMPOSSIBLE TO AVOID.

The logic behind these make no sense, they only attack Tenno (For broken lights to have targeting, the Grineer must have some sort of Orokin Technology that enables lights to only attack Tenno)

I was playing invasion today: I went to Saturn, sides with corpus for 35,000C, and finished it up. Not once when I was siding with the corpus did broken lights ever spawn, nor zap me. I could see where the broken lights WOULD be, but they had no HP bar and no electrical FX.

But, when going to a different invasion and SIDING WITH GRINEER, there were broken lights everywhere. And as I pointed above, never zapped one Corpus or Grineer.

This is seriously starting to &!$$ me off, and they need to be removed already. They make no sense and why they should even be in the game. I'm tired of reading posts like these here and on the fourms, and out of all of them no one seems to like them.

The jokes over, DE. Get rid of them already

/rant

-1 OP

plz dont speak for the masses, myself and I'm sure many others like the new additions, there is virtually no security onboard these enemy ships/bases and that makes no sense whatsoever, so anything DE does in that direction im in favor of

sure the 'broken lights' hit too hard, and really doesnt make a lot of sense, ie they dont strike enemies or decoys, and they behave more like booby traps than broken electronics, but still the idea has promise

additionally, they are NOT impossible to avoid, u can easily see/hear/scan them and shooting them disables them

IMHO the scanner doors were implemented much better (aside from a few clipping issues), but still, we need MOAR stuff like this, not less

crybabies are doing their best to drag Warframe down into the mud =[

All lightbulb jokes aside, this is definitely a controversial inclusion that has had (almost) unanimous 'removal' feedback. Relaying feedback on this mechanic, even after tweaks have occurred.

fair enough that there's been a very vocal chunk of the community, but plz remember that just becuz the players are complaining, does NOT necessarily make them correct...

Edited by CY13ERPUNK

Hurray :D

Time to introduce real content, like new enemies types, that serve for whatever purpose those lights were for.

Can someone post the "additional credits" video on difficulty VS punishment? It is highly relevant I believe.

These things don't had difficulty at all, they don't make you die at all, they were just annoying random punishment.

This is the last time I'm going to say this. REMOVE THEM ALREADY. NO ONE WANTS THEM, AND THEY ARE IMPOSSIBLE TO AVOID.

The logic behind these make no sense, they only attack Tenno (For broken lights to have targeting, the Grineer must have some sort of Orokin Technology that enables lights to only attack Tenno)

I was playing invasion today: I went to Saturn, sides with corpus for 35,000C, and finished it up. Not once when I was siding with the corpus did broken lights ever spawn, nor zap me. I could see where the broken lights WOULD be, but they had no HP bar and no electrical FX.

But, when going to a different invasion and SIDING WITH GRINEER, there were broken lights everywhere. And as I pointed above, never zapped one Corpus or Grineer.

This is seriously starting to &!$$ me off, and they need to be removed already. They make no sense and why they should even be in the game. I'm tired of reading posts like these here and on the fourms, and out of all of them no one seems to like them.

The jokes over, DE. Get rid of them already

/rant

they are possible to avoid

u just have to look for the electric and shoot it

I also had 3 missions in a row where the lightning striked during the starting sequence because of a broken light being randomly generated in the room you spawn in. This actualy killed a mastery 0 player who joined with me. He lost his shield from the first trap and after walking 2 steps a second trap was released from a valve that somehow ended up being a broken light.

I'm not so much angry as i'm confused about how this stupid hazard gimick could get through testing of the devs?

1. The initial lightning was blinding as hell.

2. The lightning does up to 200 damage per shock.

3. Broken lights could be created in up to 5 times in one room.

4. Everything in the levels could suddently become a "broken light". Including valves, computer parts, the freaking Liset dropship!

5. It spawns on non-grineer tilsets during invasions.

6. It ONLY hits Tenno. They are not intelligent traps. They are damaged parts of a Grineer ship. Why don't they constantly shock Grineer troops aswell?

How could this all get past them like this? Were they so eager to get it into the game?

-1 OP

plz dont speak for the masses, myself and I'm sure many others like the new additions, there is virtually no security onboard these enemy ships/bases and that makes no sense whatsoever, so anything DE does in that direction im in favor of

sure the 'broken lights' hit too hard, and really doesnt make a lot of sense, ie they dont strike enemies or decoys, and they behave more like booby traps than broken electronics, but still the idea has promise

additionally, they are NOT impossible to avoid, u can easily see/hear/scan them and shooting them disables them

IMHO the scanner doors were implemented much better (aside from a few clipping issues), but still, we need MOAR stuff like this, not less

crybabies are doing their best to drag Warframe down into the mud =[

fair enough that there's been a very vocal chunk of the community, but plz remember that just becuz the players are complaining, does NOT necessarily make them correct...

First of all, I cringe at your grammar & spelling. Secondly, "these ships have no security." Alarms, for one, is one I consider security. And if you don't consider patrol troops 'security' then check Google and see what 'Security' means.

Secondly, why the F*** do BROKEN LIGHTS target ONLY TENNO and zap ONLY TENNO. Not the walking rasin men dressed in conductive armor that should attract electricity. And you can't avoid them. There have been many posts in this thread showing how you CAN'T avoid them, plus, if I'm a new player, how do I even know that they are there and I know to shoot them? You have no reasoning behind your feelings on broken lights, plus, there are wayy more people that want them removed/changed then what you are pointing out. They are poorly implemented and it needs to be fixed.

they are possible to avoid

u just have to look for the electric and shoot it

What are people not getting? YOU CAN'T AVOID THEM. If they are on the other side of a door, hidden behind a group of enemies, how are you supposed to stop them? Do you think even if I;m not rushing I'm going to stop every 5 feet to shoot out a light? That just makes the mission 5x as long.

These things don't had difficulty at all, they don't make you die at all, they were just annoying random punishment.

My point exactly. Except they can kill you if you're low level, like a new player in mercury, or just leveling a new frame. My Volt, ironically, still bear the marks.

Edited by Kaian-a-coel