Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How To Cleanly Remove 88 Mods From The Drop Table To Reduce Dilution

VegetableBasket

Put all Warframe and sentinel ability mods in the market for credits, since most people don't want them to drop anyways, but people who want an unlevelled copy of Wormhole or Tailwind can buy a new one and do what they want with it for conclave or other purposes. No more slash dash dropping, yay! Price them at about what they sell for, or a little more. Credit rich players could buy mods to fuse, which wouldn't be a terrible thing, but not quite worth doing either. Give players a set of abilities when they craft their frame or sentinel, still.

Relevant: http://youtu.be/CJbgkl1OnP0?t=29m40s

Edited by VegetableBasket

Thought you where suggesting plat only but this is a good idea actually.

I edited my post for clarity, your interpretation was fair enough.

sounds pretty good, also a nice way to spam transmutation.

Not sure if you've transmuted in a while, but since they removed abilities from the drop table, you very often get a common mod even when fusing 4 rares. It is by no means worth doing anymore unless you have a ridiculous amount of mods and credits available to you.

I actually really like the idea of removing all warframe mod drops.  They are largely useless anyway unless you are upgrading warframe abilities which doesn't take much effort anyway.  Also with adding them to the store, that's another good idea but I wish we could just chose the lvl of the mod from lvl 0 to as high as we have it lvled instead.

Put all Warframe ability mods in the market, since most people don't want them to drop anyways, but people who want an unlevelled copy of Wormhole or Tailwind can buy a new one and do what they want with it for conclave or other purposes.

No more slash dash dropping, yay!

Price them at about what they sell for, or a little more. Credit rich players could buy mods to fuse, which wouldn't be a terrible thing, but not quite worth doing either. Give players a set of abilities when they craft their frame, still.

And I really think if the game doesn't currently give new players Serration, Hornet Strike, Redirection, and Vitality, maybe those should be on the marketplace as well for some credits. I think n00bs get a free redirection right now, right?

This is a really good idea!

Redirection you get in the training mode, and Vitality drops fairly frequently on Mercury. But Serration and Hornet strike being for sale on the market for credits would be an awesome idea.

Those mods are really only useful at low levels for players with potatoes (high point cost and costly to level) but they are more helpful than the bulk of drops a new player will see on Mercury or Venus.

Which means it's likely the player either:

is lucky

isn't new

or has pumped money into the game already.

All of which warrant access to those mods.

Having warframe abilities in the drop table is useless fluff as if you have the frame, you have the mods. If you accidentally fused or sold the mods, You need that mod replaced right then. Having to hope to find it isn't cool... Having to ask around for it is, likewise, uncool.

Additional Suggestion:

Change mods like Reflex Guard, Reflection, and Parry into actual melee mods, possibly change their names, and give them melee 2.0 functionality. I could be wrong, but I doubt many people will miss those mods if they turn into other mods that are more useful.

PS To any DE Staff that goes through this thread: Please, for the love of all that is holy, do NOT put Melee 2.0 mods on Crawlers of any sort. Please.

I actually really like the idea of removing all warframe mod drops.  They are largely useless anyway unless you are upgrading warframe abilities which doesn't take much effort anyway.  Also with adding them to the store, that's another good idea but I wish we could just chose the lvl of the mod from lvl 0 to as high as we have it lvled instead.

Livestream 5 at 0:57:20 on YouTube Steve talks about how he doesn't really like this idea, and now that forma are a thing, there's even less sympathy for the player with mods of too high level. I would love to see "underclocked" mods added, but Steve basically said it would be too hard to do, or the UI would be too confusing, or something along those lines.

Selling them in the market would be a temporary fix, I hope. While it's nice to have level 0 mods, if a player needs, for PvP/Conclave purposes, that adds a cluttered element to the market UI for something that will be very rarely used.

Livestream 5 at 0:57:20 on YouTube Steve talks about how he doesn't really like this idea, and now that forma are a thing, there's even less sympathy for the player with mods of too high level. I would love to see "underclocked" mods added, but Steve basically said it would be too hard to do, or the UI would be too confusing, or something along those lines.

:/ this news makes me a tad sad

I don't think Serration, Hornet Strike, Redirection, and Vitality should be on the marketplace, but they should be given once to every new player.

If they were on the market it would be too tempting to buy a whole butt load of Serration to get some ranks.

Selling them in the market would be a temporary fix, I hope. While it's nice to have level 0 mods, if a player needs, for PvP/Conclave purposes, that adds a cluttered element to the market UI for something that will be very rarely used.

You really think so? This already exists. "Mods and cores" only had 8 items in it anyways.

7AbZn.jpg

Look at all this blank space

7Accy.jpg

I don't think Serration, Hornet Strike, Redirection, and Vitality should be on the marketplace, but they should be given once to every new player.

If they were on the market it would be too tempting to buy a whole butt load of Serration to get some ranks.

That point is completely fair, but, credits are in short supply for most players, the cost of fusing the mods is prohibitive enough as it is, let alone buying them. And then, you have the new player who will fuse his freebie serration without knowing what he's doing and be stuck without one for a couple dozen hours. But I know where you're coming from.

I can't recall how many times this has been suggested to DE. But apparently DE's too busy or maybe they just find it too amusing to have us pick up 50% of useless mods. +1 for the ability mods disappearing from the loot tables.

Also I like the idea of giving each new player a vitality + redirection. As for serration and hornet strike I just feel like they should be earned rather then just given. Could be a boss fight, or a 50´% drop chance reward after 20 minutes on Appolodorus would be great (50% chance for serration, 50% chance for hornet strike).

There are many ways DE can make this viable and fun. The question is "do they want to ?".

I like this idea, granted it is just a band-aid and does not address the root issue of the loot tables in general.

Freeing up 72 mods slots in the loot tables will buy DE a few months time.

Melee 2.0 will add new melee and combo mods to the pool, followed by another Event to release Loki Prime with possibly 4 more mods.  Probably looking at between 15 and 20 new mods about to hit the loot tables within the next month.

I do not have an issue with people being able to buy ability mods for fusion energy, after all they will be the wrong polarity for most fusions and thus not get a bonus for matching polarities.  So long as the prices reflect the amount of fusion energy you are buying there is no need to limit what can and cannot be fused.

How do you know whether a feature is going to be "very rarely used"? Do you have a database export file (of player interface interaction) to support this claim?

Edited by HansJurgen