The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I'd Like A 4-Legged Zanuka-Ish Warframe.

unmog

Really, when I first fought alad V and saw Zanuka, my immediate reaction was "Aww <3, where's mine?" Then he shot missiles and charged at me and my reaction was replaced was "OH S#&amp;&#036;!"

But seriously, who said all the warframes had to be bipedal humanoids? With the appearance of zanuka, I think its time to try spicing it up a bit with more "base types" We could have some Multi legged warframes. We could have some reverse jointed warframes. Heck, even a warframe with tank treads or hover pads would be friggen cool.

But really... give me a zanuka frame. How will it work with guns some of you may be asking! Im sure we can figure something out. I'll swing swords with my mouth or tail/tendrils if I have to, and use shoulder mounted guns. :) Or they can have their own specific weapons, like claw weapons and different types of frikken lasers on their frikken head for all I care. But yea, they have the basics for one already don't they? Where's the other Zanukas for the rest of the class DE?

The Warframes are armor worn by the Tenno, all of which are bipedal. We can't make a quadrupedal Warframe because no Tenno would be able to wear it. I think this would be good for a sentinel or as stated before a Kubrows skin, but it would never work as a Warframe.

I believe there was some concept art that inspired Valkyr that definitely takes a crack at what you say here.

Of course, with Valkyr now here, any sort of feral character would be redundant.

Those pictures are pretty gnarly. :)

The Warframes are armor worn by the Tenno, all of which are bipedal. We can't make a quadrupedal Warframe because no Tenno would be able to wear it. I think this would be good for a sentinel or as stated before a Kubrows skin, but it would never work as a Warframe.

Uh, nope, nowhere does it say the warframes are armor and you put them on like clothes. In fact Hayden had it bond to his body. Its very similar to how the infested are, and the virus did all sorts of crazy things to them. Plus, as I pointed out already, Zanuka is technically a tenno as well. She just had massive surgery and experimentation done to her. But, in all fairness, so did Valkyr. So I fail to see how you are trying to reason that a Tenno has to be bipedal when the facts simply dont support it to be true.

I believe there was some concept art that inspired Valkyr that definitely takes a crack at what you say here.

Of course, with Valkyr now here, any sort of feral character would be redundant.

And that is why they should simply embrace the feral aspect of Valkyr and have her go on all fours and act like a crazy beast during hysteria.

Hysteria needs a rework anyway...they should just friggin go for it!

Maybe each Tenno has an animal spirit form? Would love to see Zephyr become an eagle. We can make it an ultimate form that lasts a short time and is excluded from the normal abilities, and is activated by a rage meter, in which you press something like Tab to activate.

Uh, nope, nowhere does it say the warframes are armor and you put them on like clothes. In fact Hayden had it bond to his body. Its very similar to how the infested are, and the virus did all sorts of crazy things to them. Plus, as I pointed out already, Zanuka is technically a tenno as well. She just had massive surgery and experimentation done to her. But, in all fairness, so did Valkyr. So I fail to see how you are trying to reason that a Tenno has to be bipedal when the facts simply dont support it to be true.

First off, latest Devstream. Devs said that the warframes are things that are put on top of the Tenno, and the Tenno used to be people. So, there's that.

Also, Zanuka is all robot, just made from parts of warframes. So no, it's not a Tenno being mindcontrolled, it's a robot.

Zanuka is Alad V's pet created with parts of various Warframes, this is also the proudly announced product of the Zanuka Project.

Valkyr was getting tortured and experimented while her frame was dissected, the parts of which went into the Zanuka program, she was not as far as we know being turned into a Zanuka.

All that said, I would like a 4 legged frame. It would be fun.

I can see it being a machine controlled by a Tenno, or a vehicle of some sorts, but not as a Warframe itself. It could be a vehicle where they are laying down in it and controlling it with their minds, so I guess it could be considered a frame. Reminds of Porky from whatever game Ness is from. Sitting in that cryochamber thing in the spider bot.

I can see it being a machine controlled by a Tenno, or a vehicle of some sorts, but not as a Warframe itself. It could be a vehicle where they are laying down in it and controlling it with their minds, so I guess it could be considered a frame. Reminds of Porky from whatever game Ness is from. Sitting in that cryochamber thing in the spider bot.

This is a good point. Such frames could just be remote-controlled.

Also, you are thinking of the Mother series, the second of which is known as Earthbound outside of Japan.

This is a good point. Such frames could just be remote-controlled.

Also, you are thinking of the Mother series, the second of which is known as Earthbound outside of Japan.

crying_wolf_by_robce-d5llzwn.jpg

Really, when I first fought alad V and saw Zanuka, my immediate reaction was "Aww <3, where's mine?" Then he shot missiles and charged at me and my reaction was replaced was "OH S#&$!"

But seriously, who said all the warframes had to be bipedal humanoids? With the appearance of zanuka, I think its time to try spicing it up a bit with more "base types" We could have some Multi legged warframes. We could have some reverse jointed warframes. Heck, even a warframe with tank treads or hover pads would be friggen cool.

But really... give me a zanuka frame. How will it work with guns some of you may be asking! Im sure we can figure something out. I'll swing swords with my mouth or tail/tendrils if I have to, and use shoulder mounted guns. :) Or they can have their own specific weapons, like claw weapons and different types of frikken lasers on their frikken head for all I care. But yea, they have the basics for one already don't they? Where's the other Zanukas for the rest of the class DE?

I love Armored Core too, but this isn't Armored core :p

Another idea, relating back to my ultimate form idea, is have it so there's another slot in the Arsenal window where you can put an "Assist" character. Not another Warframe, because you can't just call a random Tenno out to help you and have them dissapear, it isn't how the game works. We can forge things like Tenno Zanukas or huge Kubrows to call out and aid us for a short amount of time before they leave, and there would be a set time before you can use them again. Either that, or have like I suggested before, a rage meter or something. We can even modify them with mods and they can have abilities kind of like sentinels, except more powerful. It would kind of be like the card system in Castlevania: Dark of the Moon, where you can call on mythical beasts to aid you. An assist that could heal like Trinity's blessing then leave would be helpful.

Edited by ShiningArmor

crying_wolf_by_robce-d5llzwn.jpg

Awesome pic. :p I'm glad a lot of others agree with the idea too. People seem to think DE is running out of elements and ideas for warframes. I think other types than bipeds would be really interesting and add a lot of future content.