The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

It Is Ok To Lie And Steal.

Silverton

So after I got scammed the other day I sent in a support ticket and the reply I got back today is that it is perfectly find to steal. So I know what I'll be doing from now on. Tricking people into trading me 4 items on the whim they'll get the item when I get my 4th item. GG warframe. 

Not actually gonna scame people I'm just annoyed. Was trying to get an item for a friend and traded mods I had equipped only for me to not get the mod, but to also lose some good ones. 

Edited by Silverton

Dude, i am sorry and i understand your anger, but i am working philisophy exam now, and my topic is nietzche, so you wont want to get me talking about ruse, lies, illusions and tricks.

This is a defense mechanism we have developed. Because human are so weak that we need a defense mechanism such as intellect. First, we used it to confront the nature and survive. Then we formed society because we couldn't survive on our own, and against other human threats which also struggled to survive. Thus, we even created Social Contract. We said stealing and murder are crimes but, we all know, reality and truth dont exist, its all an image which we create trough a nerval excitation, and apply to our own perception. In fact, you say he stole it from you, but you can't even be sure, maybe it was you who was fooled and perceived everything wrong, and that stealing is the right thing to do to thrive. You haven't gave any thought on the other person's perception, you were fooled thinking the thing in itself as you perceive was the truth, and so yıu are here. In fact, you might not have been robbed, it might be just an illusion.

Edited by Cemges

I think you missed the point. Be cautious when you trade, and if someone is demanding that kind of set-up, refuse to trade with them.

Personally, I always trade over the bulk of what I've promised a customer in the first trade in these cases.

This is why if you're trading for more than 3 items, you should always figure out how much the first three things cost, pay them the cost of those three, and then pay them the appropriate cost for each following trade.

Sadly, if support said that there's nothing they can do, then you're out of luck. Whenever there's any form of player-to-player trading without any form of actual enforcement, you need to establish firm negotiations and take caution because you don't ever know if someone is trustworthy unless you play with them frequently or know them outside of the game.

It'd be funny if I get banned for this I sent them 3 screens of the guy admitting to ripping me off and he still gets to scam. 

So what do you want DE to do? slap the other person on the wrist?

Again, trading is dangerous if you're too gullible, you should never hand over the entire payment before you got everything in return - if you trade 1 item against 4, you're essentially opening yourself up for this.

If you traded platinum, pay 75% for the first 3, then the remaining 25% for the last item. 

I kind of expected the other person to get banned and my items returned. You know like in other games or real life. The guy was rank 11 and going on about how he was afraid of getting scammed. So I took the benefit of the doubt and got ripped. I'm not gonna put the players name, because apparently that is worse than him stealing from me. 

So what do you want DE to do? slap the other person on the wrist?

Again, trading is dangerous if you're too gullible, you should never hand over the entire payment before you got everything in return - if you trade 1 item against 4, you're essentially opening yourself up for this.

If you traded platinum, pay 75% for the first 3, then the remaining 25% for the last item.

Sadly DE might be adding too much eve online to game and soon a trusted tperson between two individuals may be required to safely trade, as in eve. DE needs to get a hold of that, just a simple UI modification would do it.

This, folks, is why we need a sarcasm tag.

But I am curious, did support say they couldn't refund your losses? Or that they could/would do nothing about the situation?

Because someone who makes a habit of scamming others should be banned for repeat offenses, since the TOS basically says 'be a decent human being'

This, folks, is why we need a sarcasm tag.

But I am curious, did support say they couldn't refund your losses? Or that they could/would do nothing about the situation?

Because someone who makes a habit of scamming others should be banned for repeat offenses, since the TOS basically says 'be a decent human being'

Hi Silverton,

Thank you for contacting us. I'm sorry to hear of the trade experience you had with this player. When we designed the Trade UI, we took care to build protections into it for players that would save them from situations such as this. When players make deals with each other that bypass the protections we put in place (such as this deal, where the trade is broken into multiple stages and the deal relies on both players being honest with one another), we cannot be responsible for the results. We do encourage all players to be honest and respectful with one another, but unfortunately we are not able to reverse trades where both parties have clicked "accept".

Thank you for your understanding.

Edited by Silverton

I love how everyone piles on the honest guy and makes him out to be the bad guy, you guys are priceless!

How can you tell who is the honest one?

I love how you already judge people without knowing them, you are priceless!

I kind of expected the other person to get banned

I don't see why this should happen.

This is why if you're trading for more than 3 items, you should always figure out how much the first three things cost, pay them the cost of those three, and then pay them the appropriate cost for each following trade.

Sadly, if support said that there's nothing they can do, then you're out of luck. Whenever there's any form of player-to-player trading without any form of actual enforcement, you need to establish firm negotiations and take caution because you don't ever know if someone is trustworthy unless you play with them frequently or know them outside of the game.

Does DE condone scamming?

Was going to say what Letter13 said.

Have 4 parts for 100?

Divide it so those people can't scam you, it's "ok to scam", it just means they can't do anything about it.

Just be sure to watch out, sometimes I almost scammed by mistake, yet I go and tell my client to retrade as I forgot to give him a part.

Also, almost got scammed as someone switched out the Rhino helm for a rhino systems to give me instead, luckily I got it before I accepted.

Just be aware next time, remember the devs can't do much on it, and nor can you after damage is done.

I understand, although be sure not go bitter yourself.

This is a stupendous community, and I want to keep it that way.

So after I got scammed the other day I sent in a support ticket and the reply I got back today is that it is perfectly find to steal. So I know what I'll be doing from now on. Tricking people into trading me 4 items on the whim they'll get the item when I get my 4th item. GG warframe. 

Not actually gonna scame people I'm just annoyed. Was trying to get an item for a friend and traded mods I had equipped only for me to not get the mod, but to also lose some good ones.