Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

After Using Excalibur Again...weakest Frame Of All?

Shehriazad

Excal is the weakest warframe? your serious? look at freaking nekros even taking account hes support based warframe his ult is the only cool thing on him and his 3rd ability while useful for survival doesn't fit the necromancer MO. terrify doesn't even have style going for it soul punch was just meh.

no excal is not the most useless warframe in warframe. that's the point of excal while he can be quite versatile in what he does he cant do it nearly as well as the other warframes.

I also strongly appose the people who think Volt, Ash, Valkyr, or even oberon.. who can do their jobs more then well enough but being crucified with false claims that they cant do their jobs right.

its also in the eye of the beholder. I am told that trinities blessing is overpowered and needs to be nerfed but after playing her I feel like if anything she needs a buff but she also took me the longest to level and even with a good build used commonly by other trinities I still fell short... simple fact is I wasn't good at trinity so rather then ask it to be buffed or nerfed I just left it be.

in fact I had to make a list .... actually I think I will make a list of warframes... but without thinking about it too hard id have to put the list something like this:

Rhino

Vauban

Frost

Nova

Nyx

Trinity

Banshee

Saryn

Volt

Ember

Zephyr

Ash

Valkyr

Excalibur
Mag

Loki

Nekros

He was balanced before, and he hasn't exactly been weakened since then. Excalibur isn't "weak", other frames are just too strong. It's power creep at work.

MAN I SO CALLED THIS!

Where are all the people who told me that it wasn't a problem?

While Excalibur has a low-ish energy tank, that can be compensated with Flow, Energy Siphon, and/or Power Efficiency. Like quite a few fellow Tenno have stated, Excalibur is greatly underrate and is quite stronger than one would think. Two abilities (Slash Dash and Super Jump) make Excalibur one of the most mobile Warframes in the game and his Radial Javelin gets overshadowed by other ultimates. Radial Blind is one of the best crowd control abilities in the game.

Slash Dash is designed for mobility and a panic button, which I can definitely say is better than most "1" abilities out there.

Radial Blind is not the only useful ability Excalibur has. All four abilities are usable (not many Warframes can claim this), but Radial Blind is the most noticeable because crowd control becomes very important end-game and since Radial Blind is very high tier crowd control ability, being able to be spammed and affect any number of enemies within an incredibly large range, regardless of obstacles.

Super Jump can be combined with Slash Dash, used to escape explosive splash damage, or make Radial Javelin hit more enemies. It's also the only ability that costs under 25 base energy. Think creatively, and you'll go places with Excalibur. I cannot help but appreciate how you can essentially skip having to take the stairs and even a few elevators. Did I mention the benefits of skipping parkour courses?

Radial Javelin gets a lot of flak since other ultimates have crowd control or better damage. That doesn't mean it's necessarily a bad ultimate, as it scales very well with Power Strength (more projectiles and more damage per projectile).

There's really three ways to make Excalibur:

1) All-rounder

2) Power Efficiency/Duration/Range - Radial Blind spam with horizontal mobility(?)

3) Power Strength/Efficiency - Radial Javelin with vertical mobility

Edited by ChaoticVice777

I like three of his abilities and super jump most of all.

Now Radial javelin on the other hand, imo there is just something wrong with that power design. Unless you use Blind first it is a death sentence for you instead of enemies. Does not hit for enough damage and has gaps in it so it can miss stuff. And of course it has a long animation that lasts even after you already hit people with it. For ultimate it has more drawbacks than perks. Most of the time it is better to just blind targets and shoot at them.

While I agree that he is a bit on a weak side, you should still remember what Excalibur is all about. He does not specialize on anything, in fact, he is meant to be the golden middle road, the jack of all trades if you will. A mediocre at everything basically. It is a whole different debate whether or not this theme is met within the game, in my opinion it is not quite but some may disagree and that is fine by me.

EDIT: Oh and my suggestion for super jump is to add a blast when you land, not very damaging one but decent CC so it becomes a multipurpose ability. This combined with the mod card would make it a very solid ability to use on your Warframe.

Edited by BETAOPTICS

Excal's stats are the average for many other frames.*coughVoltEmbercough* You can't touch them without a total balance pass for the rest of those frames.

You mean like how they just increased armor across the board...and gave Valkyr 600?

Yeah, that's balanced.  Valk now has xcal life, xcal energy, better than xcal stamina and Rhinox3 armor.  With an invuln, life leech, ultimate. 

What game are you playing exactly?

EDIT: Oh and my suggestion for super jump is to add a blast when you land, not very damaging one but decent CC so it becomes a multipurpose ability. This combined with the mod card would make it a very solid ability to use on your Warframe.

Completely useless on a frame with Radial Blind and a need to CC targets outside of Heavy Impact's range.

Also, you need a pretty high ceiling to trigger Heavy Impact...so most of the time you're just wasting 2 mod slots.

If you're looking for CC with a crazy power cost, maximize efficiency with RB and you'll be able to use it for only 12.5 energy.  Twice per globe.

Just correct something, pre-nerf SG was never op. All it did was make you invulnerable to anything outside of it that wasn't a Flamethrower or Rocket Launcher. Melee certainly hit you.

Obviously Snow Globe wasn't OP...that's why it was nerfed...because it was so balanced.

Edited by Thaumatos

Well after some research, I found out that ember can deal 90k damage to each individual enemy with fire blast in total of 20 seconds, whereas excaliburs ulti can do 3 k damage to 30 enemies making about 90k damage in total..... Well, he is a one trick pony after all, that's radial blind.

Edited by Cemges

For solo I run rage+rejuvination cause bleed proc will get you in the long run, also maxed duration is not that practical cause more mobs will come and some (like MOAs) attack anyway, so you have to use it more often.

And Im still annoyed that Radial Skanas miss half the targets and have the ridiculous post-dealy

I would love for his damaging abilities to gain some scaling of some sort, to make them viable at higher level.

I mean, this guy uses his melee weapon in 3 of his 4 ability animations.

Why not make it scale with your equiped melee weapon?

Not damage scaling per se, it would be too hard to balance out.

But physical/elemental damage scaling seems easy enough to implement:

As in, Slash Dash and Radial Javelin getting the same physical/elemental attributes as your melee weapon.

Concrete example:

Melee weapon X deals a total of 100 damage

50 Toxin

25 slash

13 Puncture

12 Impact

Slash dash would deal 500 damage, of which 50% is toxin, 25% is slash, 13% Puncture, 12% Impact. (Instead of 100% slash)

Same with Radial Javelin, instead of 33% Slash/Impact/Puncture.

You could then imagine equiping an elemental weapon like Prova (yes, an actual use to the prova other than mastery) or Dual Ichor to deal the best elemental damage against each faction, with your abilities.

Doesn't increase damage at all, just increases the overall effectiveness of abilities. And give the player meaningful choices to make about his loadout, therefore using weapon diversity in interaction with warframe powers. 

And you could go as far as giving the abilities the same status chance as your melee weapon.

(The same could be applied to improve Valkyr's ult, but that's another topic)

Just correct something, pre-nerf SG was never op. All it did was make you invulnerable to anything outside of it that wasn't a Flamethrower or Rocket Launcher. Melee certainly hit you.

Since all of cc abilities had more range than snow globe radius and without it enemies could outrange your cc, yes i consider it highly op. Made it too easy to do deal with high lvl ranged units. At least now frost need to get energy sometimes and actually actively recast it when it disappears.

Radial Blind lets me set up targets to completely destroy with my Galatine with ease. Or any other weapon I may be using, for that matter. Super jump gets me out of danger, or simply onto high places I need to be going to, in less time. Slash dash- are you even using Intensify because I do WAY more than 500 damage with it. As for Radial Javelin... The only thing I agree on, is the cast time and delay afterwards. If anything though that's a good incentive to actually be aware of your positioning, rather than just pressing 4 and watching everything around you die like if you're Saryn or Ember. Or Nova. :\

Besides. If you're having problems with radial javelin in terms of cast time, what I suggest you do is increase your power efficiency and actually use Radial Blind. It's very handy, as at max rank it's got some impressive range, enough that very few things are going to be attacking you while you wind up a Radial Javelin. Which will then impale everything you just blinded to a wall.

I do think Excalibur is a little bit on the squishy side in some senses, but I don't have an issue with that. It just means I need to play smarter, rather than just spam powers all the time like some of the more Caster-styled frames.

I do think Excalibur is a little bit on the squishy side in some senses, but I don't have an issue with that. It just means I need to play smarter, rather than just spam powers all the time like some of the more Caster-styled frames.

Exactly this!

except I spam super jump for no reason at all XD