Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Grineer Systems Transmission And U13 Hype Megathread

Archistopheles

two possibilites here,

1. de is releasing next week, and has totally messed up how to do a hype webpage.

2. de is releasing at 7:00 tonight, and we are reacting a bit too soon.

we shall know in about 20 minutes. if it turns out to be option one im gonna be really dissapointed, because that is NOT how you do these things.

also evidence points to tonight because the picture contest ends tomorrow.

The thing that's kind of pissing me off now is that they haven't even bothered openly stating whether it's going to be today or not.  After all this hype if it really is not coming til next week I think we deserve to know right now.  No more cryptic bullS#&$ please.

DE Should have stayed quiet if they didn't intend for it to be this week. It's like a major kick in the balls being shown 6 screens counting down to today... then with ANOTHER countdown revealed at the end.

It's not that appreciated...

It's just a game.

Hm.

Now that I think about it; here's an optimistic thought;

Why is the timer kind of.. intergrated with the Badlands image?

If it was a countdown to the big picture; Update 13, you'd expect it to be at the bottom of the page, isolated from all the teaser images. That or at the very top.

Not merged with an image of the Badlands concept. Wonder if the counter is just related to it instead.

They could have intended tonight and have to postpone for some reason - and the 6 day reactor, catylst, and forma alerts are emergency filler/compensation.

You have a good point....I will consider this. That being said, I would appreciate confirmation on if that is true or if this is April Fools 2.0....

two possibilites here,

1. de is releasing next week, and has totally messed up how to do a hype webpage.

2. de is releasing at 7:00 tonight, and we are reacting a bit too soon.

we shall know in about 20 minutes. if it turns out to be option one im gonna be really dissapointed, because that is NOT how you do these things.

also evidence points to tonight because the picture contest ends tomorrow.

The picture contest ends tomorrow because prime time is tomorrow :|

I don't care when they release the updates for me the important is that update give us something new and good rather than a half made beast.

Edit: Making video games is harder than playing.

Edited by Szilvia

Personally, I'm guessing they hit a brick wall with some bug and the meta countdown and special alerts are desperate attempts to prevent complete chaos.

That's my issue with them riding the hype train... If you hype a date, you'd better confident in your finish date.

When I first saw it, I looked up the Grineer alphabet on the wiki and apparently that first symbol is the letter A. For a moment there, I thought it was going to spell "April Fools" but there aren't enough spaces for that.

Still, it was an amusing thought.

So everyone, what do you think this could be...

azhow4.jpg

This is the last screen from grineersystems.com. Could it be the introduction of the Badlands already? Or perhaps the port thing instead of the solar map?

What is your take on this?

Note: The symbol at the bottom is the number 7. Perhaps a 7 day countdown to either melee 2.0 and update 13 (so most likely an event this week), or the badlands?

It seems cause of the Gift of the Lotus event, next week is much more plausable.

The room in that picture looks an awful lot like a dojo room, and the thing floating in the holo looks like an Orokin version of the gates from Mass Effect. I'm thinking they're going to start rolling out parts of the Badlands.

When I first saw it, I looked up the Grineer alphabet on the wiki and apparently that first symbol is the letter A. For a moment there, I thought it was going to spell "April Fools" but there aren't enough spaces for that.

Still, it was an amusing thought.

Nah, its 7

well whether it's u13 or something else we ARE getting an update today, that's for sure.

Absolutely! agreed with this one!! After reading more and more of these posts from our Fellow Tenno, im pretty sure that the counter has something to do with Badlands, and we WILL get something today!! not Just potatoes!

tumblr_mubv6qlGuq1sk15bdo2_500.gif

We could've completely averted the complaint wagon altogether if they SIMPLY said it wasn't this week AHEAD of time, and instead told us this was just a sneak peak, not a follow-up to an update.

It isn't hard to tell the community what's up. I don't know if this was planned ahead of time or not, but communication can still give us some hints as to whatever U13 will be ready soon or not, despite not actually knowing themselves if it will release. Now everyone will have to hold on to DE's timer for next week, otherwise this will get nasty.

I appreciate the site very much and I find it nice of them to give that much. It's NOT nice to NOT say anything about U13 not actually being this week.

Edited by Xelorx