The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Grineer Systems Transmission And U13 Hype Megathread

Archistopheles

I will try to make the most constructive post I can possibly do.

DE, I'm sorry but I just can't wait anymore. I would be more than happy if you could at least give us something that would help with the amount of irritation. What has gone through your mind to do this and think that a few Orokin cells and a forma would fix that? No. It's adding salt to the wound, it's sad enough to almost make me laugh if I wasn't so mad.

I'm finished with Warframe for today. I'm gonna continue on playing another game or something like that, but trust me when I say this, if update 13 isn't released the next week what ever happened today would happen five times over.  

If its delayed next week i will personally lead the charge to burn the forums to the ground

You are a bit late to the party hu? ^^ U13 was supposed to be today, but now it isn't so they added a countdown for next week. U13 will now be next week (unless it gets delayed again).

would not be suprised if it was

MORE MISTAKES PLEASE!!! So long as we get catalysts/reactors each time.... jk. Of course I was looking forward to the update with all the hype that came before, but it's not that big of deal. Chill peoples! It is kind of funny/sad that DE put time into making the website to hype up the release when it didn't happen. But we all makes mistakes... It makes me chuckle in awkwardness on their behalf more than anything. But YAY to the catalyst!!!

Edited by Sh1n3y

The biggest problem I have is the Grineer Systems hype fuel they've been building up to this point. While it didn't have an exact concrete day for release, a new picture was added daily to indicate upcoming features for U13. The last picture uploaded today which heavily implied that it would either be today or tomorrow by the time Prime Tim ended and they had chosen winners for the "Honor the System" contest. And this is NOT the first delay either. Now the game is in development and hiccups happen, I get it. But this is also still beta. U13 would have been bugged in some way, shape, or form. Unless the issues found in this update were so game breaking they broke the servers or by some heinous act of Satan, destroyed the PC's OS then all honesty, it probably would've been something a few hot fixes would touch up or at the very least it'd be bearable nuisance until the patch came. Quite frankly, a little transparency would go a long way here but instead we're simply being told "The devs need one more week.". Why? Where's the fire? What messed up? Most of the players in this community are intelligent and could explain it to those who don't understand the conundrum of whatever has delayed U13. Maybe next time, DE, you shouldn't be fueling the hype train and should just work away at the next update. Passion for your product is good but with U13, I'm afraid your heads may have gotten just a bit swollen.

Can you (DE) still release the Profile video for the new water Warframe this week, or release the Tenno Reinforcement videos for the new weapons?

(I only post this as I assume that there were/are gonna be new weapons, and that DE has already done the videos but have not uploaded them. If this is false then I apologize and I'll delete the thread assuming it has not been merged yet.)

While I am sort of defending DE in a way that I try to advice players how to approach this, I still also like your point here that the way this was handled was setting the new bottom in their record as far as I remember. Still though, we have to remember that even since the way they have dealt with this whole thing, we have to be constructive and gladly you keep your feet on the ground on this.

Agreed.

its a week...... A WEEK!!!! can we honestly not wait that long?

I mean comon, would you rather they rushed it and brought something out like ESO? 

well since im not playing that right now and am instead bickering on an internet message board like a bitter neckbeard il let you guess how well that one turns out

Though cyber bullying won't probably help him on this.

Who's bullying him? I'm not, so keep cool :).

I'm just saying that this is an event game, and we shouldn't be overwhelmed by this. We have friends,partners,wives,family aside.

Just wait one week in your entire existence, and hope that it won't happen again...

LMAO seriously Melee 2.0 couldn't be delivered on time because it grew bigger and bigger. DE trying to forfil the hype the masses wanted from the teasers. They cant Deliver on the Rainbow bridge that was spoken of 7 weeks ago and cant say why, (which in itself speaks of legal crap).

I personally think U13 shouldn't have been ready until the end of April. DE are wanting to take this game from the idea they had at the beginning to the lofty goals of a Sandbox. Not going to happen over night people.

With all previous updates we got a rough idea of when they might be out, but until the day they arrived we didn't have a clue. This time they give you a build up then pull the release date for a week or two.

Be happy they want to give you something that works, and not something that is going to blow up in there faces and take the next 4 weeks to fix

White Knight nr 19847 to the rescue ^

The Teaser site was planned for the Update to go live today, so we understand the frustration when players saw a Timer instead of an Update. We goofed and we know it. But please stick around with us, and at the very least accept our apology alerts. We're still working on Update 13 so that when it goes live we can say we're happy and proud of what you'll be playing.

My problem isn't that it was delayed, it's the way it was chosen to be announced. More specifically that it was chosen to not be announced at all and then suddenly new timer. If the timer could be built certainly someone could have addressed the community in advance with a sticky thread or a news post or something saying "hey we messed up here's whats happening". No rage (well less rage). Instead the community rages for a hour, which is forever in Internet time, and the first official thing we see is kind of snarky about it. I realize tensions must be high but I have been led to expect better from you guys. Today I have been let down.

Tracks or not the hype train ain't stoppin'. This is to be expected really... the hype-tastic grineer systems were somewhat ill-advised move. They shoud've made damn sure they will be able to deliver.

Well, I don't care that much either way. I'm curious however, they obviously intended to release today... so I would understand delay of one or two days at most. But till the next week? What got borked quite so badly? I wanna know.

Edited by LocoWithGun

If it was next week then they should've let everyone know it wasn't today since there were so many thread/mega thread that even the Devs commented on.

EDIT: Nvm, it was confirmed to be delayed. Epic last minute disappointment

Edited by HandsOfnArtist

The Teaser site was planned for the Update to go live today, so we understand the frustration when players saw a Timer instead of an Update. We goofed and we know it. But please stick around with us, and at the very least accept our apology alerts. We're still working on Update 13 so that when it goes live we can say we're happy and proud of what you'll be playing.

I'm just a bit dissappointed and sad. But not mad.

Better have all bugs fixed and polished then releasing broken stuff.

lol you're joking, right ?

There actually is people like him. In my choice of career we meet many of them and it has been proven that games do help people suffering from deep level of depression so I guess he is not joking and from his standpoint, I understand why he is so angry. Not because of the thing itself as much as a fear for his life.

Though Update 13 is delayed, can we still get a Profile video or Tenno Reinforcements video(s) for the new Warframe/Weapon(s)?

(I'm just assuming that new weapons are being added, and that DE has already done the videos but not yet uploaded them. If this is wrong I apologize to DE.)

its a week...... A WEEK!!!! can we honestly not wait that long?

I mean comon, would you rather they rushed it and brought something out like ESO? 

well since im not playing that right now and am instead bickering on an internet message board like a bitter neckbeard il let you guess how well that one turns out

The problem some of us are having is that we only log on once a week, mainly wednesday, to get whatever new fodder weapon is added to the game and then log out after getting it to 30. We have nothing to do. The game is more or less dead to us. These big updates are what we look forward to the most because they give us a reason to play for more than just 1 hour every week. 

Agreed. When I saw the last panel involving HUBs my jaw dropped at how much this update is adding. (I seriously don't think it's representing badlands considering those would be actual missions and not a tenno looking room. Unless we can walk onto the rails before starting those missions, which they should actually do. Not to saw we might not get that as well.)

This is the big one.

The double wham-no...the hepta whammy.

I'm so excited I can't take it. If we get Focus too I might die.

Edited by SolidSp33d

Can you (DE) still release the Profile video for the new water Warframe this week, or release the Tenno Reinforcement videos for the new weapons?

(I only post this as I assume that there were/are gonna be new weapons, and that DE has already done the videos but have not uploaded them. If this is false then I apologize and I'll delete the thread assuming it has not been merged yet.)

Personally I would of liked it if they gave us more awesome pictures to look at instead of a stupid little slot-machine-countdown-thing

Also it would of been nice if they told us WHY U13 wasn't released, instead of what I saw just saying "last second " issues.