The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Grineer Systems Transmission And U13 Hype Megathread

Archistopheles

Actually, you got a potato. And in 2 days, you'll get the other potato. And then 2 days after that, you'll get a puzzle piece.

So every Wednesday, we should get just these 48-hours alerts. Or nothing at all, because we don't deserve anything.

What has a persons ability to code have anything to do with this. I can assure you both programmers and non programmers are annoyed today, they have every right to be.

Yeah I'm sure, the problem is that DE is trying to make us happy while we're *@##$ing and complaining like they owe us. So what? What a little damn longer. It's not like you're going to completely forget the game exists in a week or anything.

A) they are rushing themselves by cramming everything in at the last moment "testing"

B) you dont know what they have lined up in the backend for things being released. i wouldn't put it past them to work themselves into a corner making the weapon at the last minuet

I'd prefer to have my game and weapons at a presentable quality. Not something that a child drew hastily in scribbles while driveling from the mouth. Edited by WingedCrusade

Well for starters it takes a whole lot less digging to find out that update 13 was even planned or semi-promised for today than it does to find out it is delayed.

Untwist your panties and calm down.  I'm sure most of the games population didn't even know that 13 was supposed to happen today if it wasn't for the *@##$ing that its delayed coming from a few.

We don't need an explanation.  They tried, it didn't happen, its delayed, its coming.  

Play the game, or play something else until the update happens... or don't.

I was never uncalm. DE is being praised as saints for bad marketing decisions. I can be understanding. And you kinda prove my point. It takes a lot less digging to realize they hyped the S#&$ out of the idea of it being released today, only for people to sit here and keep wondering what's going on, lots of anger and resentment are being brewed because there has been no official statement from de that it has been set back. Actually, pretty much everyone knew, thanks to their hypeorama grineer systems. It is a LOT more that a few people that feel betrayed by this lack of action, and a paltry apologetic gift, just like the void drop issues. I can forgive it once, twice maybe even. But if it happens again, do you really think people are going to go about trusting a company that does S#&$ like this? They could have easily never hyped it and just released it like all the other updates. It was a poor decision, and that was my point.

DE has spoiled us.  I think we can forgive them and understand that they want to get this update right and not release a broken update. 

what update? what are you talking about? i am talking about the frequent wednesday tenno reinforcements in which they introduce new items to buy... i dont know what update you are talking about maybe you missed the hype train and ended up here, in, "this is not another thread about update delay station"

I personally think they delayed it as punishment for us botting the votes/atking the other communities.

I was watching the polls when it ended it was 46%(Mabinogi) to 56%(Warframe) then they finalized the results and took off the botted votes and it was 44% vs 54% for the final result

Both sides lost 2%

But the fact that we botted or were provocating the other communiities, I see this as personal punishment for what our community does. Just a theory though as to why they're delaying U13.

ok so i'v been gone for a week cause i'v been sick so i come back seeing that it Wednesdays and usually we have

updates so i go on the forums like usual and she all these rage topic and update 13  not realeasing today. i thought it was

going to be a regular reinforcements.

Soooooo can anyone tell me whats going on was update 13 even confirmed,

if it was when did they cancel it,

and are we getting any update today?!?!?!?

thanks 

what update? what are you talking about? i am talking about the frequent wednesday tenno reinforcements in which they introduce new items to buy... i dont know what update you are talking about maybe you missed the hype train and ended up here, in, "this is not another thread about update delay station"

Generally they don't do the Tenno Reinforcements (at least individual ones) when they do major updates. When doing major updates they like to pack everything into it, which includes all the new cosmetics and weapons.

Edited by Sasquatch180

My hype has died down, and I couldnt care less about why the last minute delay at this point.

However, my question now is whether the update will really be ready next week, or if its going to be delayed again...but i guess only time can tell that.

ok so i'v been gone for a week cause i'v been sick so i come back seeing that it Wednesdays and usually we have

updates so i go on the forums like usual and she all these rage topic and update 13  not realeasing today. i thought it was

going to be a regular reinforcements.

Soooooo can anyone tell me whats going on was update 13 even confirmed,

if it was when did they cancel it,

and are we getting any update today?!?!?!?

thanks 

Update 13 was confirmed, but I personally didn't see any confirmation from the devs that it was to be today until after it was announced that it wasn't gonna happen today.

They did not cancel it, they just delayed it.

I don't know if we are getting any update at all today, but I don't think it is gonna happen.

Also, making a thread titled 'Please dont flame me' is pretty much asking to be flamed. This community has way too many trolls.

Edited by RyojinOrion

I was never uncalm. DE is being praised as saints for bad marketing decisions. I can be understanding. And you kinda prove my point. It takes a lot less digging to realize they hyped the S#&$ out of the idea of it being released today, only for people to sit here and keep wondering what's going on, lots of anger and resentment are being brewed because there has been no official statement from de that it has been set back. Actually, pretty much everyone knew, thanks to their hypeorama grineer systems. It is a LOT more that a few people that feel betrayed by this lack of action, and a paltry apologetic gift, just like the void drop issues. I can forgive it once, twice maybe even. But if it happens again, do you really think people are going to go about trusting a company that does S#&$ like this? They could have easily never hyped it and just released it like all the other updates. It was a poor decision, and that was my point.

Devs said it. That's official. But the way they went about it wasn't right. They shouldn't have put up the timer and waited for people to put two and two together. They tried to make it look like it was planned by adding the timer to the last teaser reveal, but it blew up in their faces and so Megan and Rebecca did damage control. I'd say Megan's message was a bit better handled than Rebecca's to-the-point one, but I kinda can understand given the shear amount of uncalled for things that were being said. It was almost to the point, if not at the point, of being personal attacks on her for simply being the messenger. I do think DE should apologize for the way in which this delay was handled, because it's the way it was handled (an attempt to mask it without a concrete "delayed" announcement), not the delay itself, that was the issue for me.

They have postponed the update for one more week (Source: DERebecca & Grineer Systems). We will not be receiving any update in compensation (Source: DEMegan) because all work was focused on the release of U13, and nothing was prepared for a Tenno Reinforcement or a hotfix.

Although there are the Gift alerts as some sort of compensation.