Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Grineer Systems Transmission And U13 Hype Megathread

Archistopheles

So please explain this to me: 

For DE it is currently 9:20 o'clock. Why do they wait until around 18 o'clock to deploy the patch when this is clearly a time where they don't have the manpower anymore if something bad happends with the patch? Why don't they deploy it at 9am and have enough time to face extreme issues (if they occur)?

If my company deploys something large, we deploy it when every office in europe and asia has enough employees to face larger problems. This is called simple logic.

The reason is also simple logic, because they are working on it or compiling it to the very last minute before they deploy.  

Also they are on their schedule not yours and they will deploy it when they deploy it and not necessarily when you want it, so there is that.

Just have some patience.

SirAuron started it!

XD

Nah I'm kidding, I don't care

Thanks so much for all that merging! Must have been a pain.

Well, you did cry about him when I mentioned him rather than let it go getting all worked up over it like it matters who believes what.

If it did, &*$$sexuals wouldn't be going around getting married, now would they?

Edited by SirAuron

The reason is also simple logic, because they are working on it or compiling it to the very last minute before they deploy.  

Also they are on their schedule not yours and they will deploy it when they deploy it and not necessarily when you want it, so there is that.

Just have some patience.

Indeed... still would be nice if they had the patches ready/compiled the day before, so they could release them at a decent time today. But that's not how DE rolls I suppose :P

Indeed... still would be nice if they had the patches ready/compiled the day before, so they could release them at a decent time today. But that's not how DE rolls I suppose :P

Yeah it would be nice, but that's not usually how software development works.  

I guaranty they are loading last minute art assets, audio and bug squashes recompiling and then doing it again until through clenched jaws (and buttocks) they finally make the call to deploy and wince as they hit the button to send it live then hyperventilate a bit and then pray to all the gods old and new that the game doesn't completely implode and that there isn't a major game breaking bug still rattling around.  '

This is then followed by a healthy round of wondering what topic the player base will irrationally explode on next, while trying to sift through the noise to find actual feedback and bugs they can patch out quickly once the reports start to roll in.