The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The New Water Frame (Hydroid) Hype And Anticipation Megathread

PluralSlice

a3076a.jpg

Please Vote with a "Yes" or a "No"

Question: Do you want DE to change the new Warterframe Name?

Just trying to see if we as a community can just VOTE

No Comments, no Flames, no justification or opinions....just VOTE.

Please UPvote this thread if you want this to be a "hot topic"

Thank you!

Edited by 2ply

No

but yeah, what's the point of no comments if we have the ability to comment? I'd be alright with a couple of the names suggested in the megathread, but hydroid is fine. better than reusing something overused like triton or poseidon. those are too easy. the frame has to have its own personality

The name is just terrible. Just Hydra or Hydros would be so much better..
BUT FREAKING HYDROID! No, please, NO!

Aside from that, the look is good to my taste. But the "puddle" skill feels kinda too static. When Scott showed that i thought he'd be able to move fast while in that state, but no *sad face*
The ultimate is kinda strange, actually i expected to do a tsunami as an ultimate, that could wash away lots and lots of enemies...

Okay, so:

1. Barrage - does feel okay to me

2. Tidal surge - it can just merge with Undertow and make one able to hide oneself in the puddle, move fast AND disrupt enemy movements altogether.

3. Tentacle ult - doesn't really feel like an ult. It has small radius, low damage etc (i know, it might get polished, but i honestly don't think anything would be done about it) Feels like a filler right now. As is, it might serve as a little help, like if Nekros summoned one zombie, but again, the skill is too static, which doesn't resemble what water is - water almost always moves.

4. Tsunami - now this is the real ult this warframe should have! Cast it and see it washing a squad of enemies outta the way. The mechanic is pretty much the same as Banshee's Sonic Boom, but made of water and of a much larger size. Simple as that!

He is pretty appealing. But i dont really see myself using this frame other than to rank up mastery. Sure, he looks pretty good for stealth missions but his crowd control abilities arent that great. I could be wrong tho i mean i havent ever tried him. but i have a good idea what game play would be like judging from the Devstream and i wasnt impressed.