Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The New Water Frame (Hydroid) Hype And Anticipation Megathread

PluralSlice

For this question, let's assume that while in water form Hydroid follows the laws of physics and stuff just like regular water does.

If Ember (or anyone with fire-based weaponry) were to evaporate Hydroid while he is in water form, would he:

A) Die

or

B) form/enter into a cloud, and eventually reform?

lemme git dis straight...

sorry about my lack of knowledge for terms but

Hydroid is..

Cap'n Cthulu

he has a cross bow and nun chucklass light sabers

he fires water bombs from his nonexistent ship, turns into a puddle of water and tentacle rhape is his ult

seems legit

i wanna be the puddle going against infested on a defense/mobile defense with overextended and stretch... anyone else? 

Hydroid to replace Frost.

Frost removed from game.

Hydroid becomes ultimate frame.

Hydroid proceeds to overthrow King Loki.

Hydroid Master Race.

I'm wonding if Hydro will be able to puddle next to the cryopod..like literally under it

That's a thought: could Hydro hide the pod within him? I'm assuming since things like Vauban's vortex can't move it the answer is no, but it would be an interesting strategy (if potentially game-breaking).

While this post will be completely lost I just want to say why the name Hydroid is the wrong _type_ of name for a Warframe.

Warframe names are in _Metaphor_, that is, they are nouns that represent the essence of the Warframe with no "like" or similar qualifier.

EG

"Ember" not "Burning-type-person"

"Ash" not "invisible-in-the-manner-of-ash-on-the-wind"

"Rhino" not "As-armoured-as-a-rhino" (Hell, "Rhino" just means "Nose" )

They do not need to be explained, they don't need a suffix or prefix to explain the noun's relation to the Warframe's identity or nature

Now lets look at "Hydroid"

"Hydro" - Water

"-oid" - Shape

This is more akin to a simile where all the Warframe names are metaphor, you _don't need_ the "-shape" part in the same way Banshee doesn't need to be called "Banshee-like-wail"

"Hydros" would be fine, that would at least match the linguistic style of the current Warframe names.

Edited by SilentMobius

It seems to me the "shape" part of it is fine, because he doesn't JUST fling water at everything, he shapes it - his first ability shapes it into a barrage from weaponry, his second shapes him INTO IT, as does his third, and his fourth shapes water into a creature to attack his enemies for him.

Hydroid also reffers to a class of tiny jellyfish-like animal, and all I can think of where I hear that is his ability to melt himself down into tinier components - as if he were comprised of things like those animals - and summon tentacles to attack enemies - jellyfish-like tentacles.

I like the name, hope they don't change it. It's intelligent, and smarter than just a simple "do-ho! Ember uses fire so we call her ember! Dooooooooh Frost uses ice so his name is cold like Frost!"

Besides, look at Oberon's name: Oberon was the king of the fairies, but all we have in any real regards to that is one ability - Rejuvenation - the rest of his spells are distinctly based on classical paladin traits and not tied to Oberon itself, but at the same time he physically looks like a Satyr - which links him to the name in some respects.

Edited by Morec0