Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

No Charge Attacks?

In the stream it was said that there would be no more charge attacks, but what I'm not sure about is whether they meant while the weapon is equipped or not at all, if anyone has any information please clarify,

Preferably provide some proof, not just a link to the stream.

The only actual proof of what you are asking is in the Stream links since thats the source...

How can we prove this to you without that ?

im personally glad tht charge attacks are being taken away no more galatine noobs

I have a feeling that Jat Kittag is going to suffer from this...

Thats why I was so eager to see what they are doing with it while the stream was on... But alas I can wait a couple more days.

Hopefully Jat Kitty is still going to be awesome.

I made a thread on this but was told charge attacks were going to stay and that DE had meant to show charge attacks, so I deleted it.

Reviewing the stream, however, DE explicity stated that "the Glaive will be the only weapon to retain it's charge attack" and that Channeling was going to replace Charging.

I think Quick Melee (E when you have a gun equipped) should retain it's charge attack ability, there doesn't seem to be any good reason to remove it.

Edited by ZephyrPhantom

I have a feeling that Jat Kittag is going to suffer from this...

Thats why I was so eager to see what they are doing with it while the stream was on... But alas I can wait a couple more days.

Hopefully Jat Kitty is still going to be awesome.

i use my jat for normal attacks anyways, its charge attack is sick, but i like it better for normal attacks since no knockdown :D 

I made a thread on this but was told charge attacks were going to stay and that DE had meant to show charge attacks, so I deleted it.

Reviewing the stream, however, DE explicity stated that "the Glaive will be the only weapon to retain it's charge attack" and that Channeling was going to replace Charging.

I think Quick Melee (E when you have a gun equipped) should retain it's charge attack ability, there doesn't seem to be any good reason to remove it.

Well, it seems that it would be rather pointless to charge in the melee 2.0

Especially with the changes to the blocking, they were able to go from blocking straight into attacking with normal attacks.. while charging you're just sitting duck.

If they remove charge attacks hopefully the charge attack mods that exist will be converted into other mods rather than just made completely useless for all things other than the glaive (and kestrel I assume).

I'm also assuming that means all melee weapons have been giving significant stat changes.

Edited by SquirmyBurrito

i feel like DE left A LOT out of this stream (and im not talking about intentional story/lore/content surprises, thats fine)

it was rushed and felt jerky/incomplete

sure im psyched to check out U13, but im afraid this is gonna be like some earlier mega-patches with tons of problems

not addressing coptering adequately, no word on the "new movement methods" from several streams ago

no word on the charge atk melee mods, no light atk / heavy atk melee buttons

just sloppy IMHO

i really think this whole meleeV2 overhaul has been too much for them and other areas are suffering

but at the same time, hopefully this is just temporary hang-ups and it will all be worked out eventually, DE is certainly trying to massively increase the scale/scope of the game, understandably that's not going to be easy

i use my jat for normal attacks anyways, its charge attack is sick, but i like it better for normal attacks since no knockdown :D 

I like the Jat charge attack as well, but normal attacks + Blast damage is simply pure, honest, hilarity: ROCKET EXPLODING JET HAMMER!

Yes, they removed charge attacks and replace them with the "focus system" which uses energy to make your attacks do more damage, swing faster, etc,etc. While in focus mode every time you make contact with a hit you loose 5 energy.

The only weapon that kept it's charge attack was the glaive. So yeah, the JK's hurricane charge attack is disappearing and probably ending up as the last part of a combo.