Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can We Get Actual True Dual Wield Swords?

Beas7ie

2 Long swords would be a major pain in the butt...not sure how I like the idea.

The only dual blade that would allow for EFFECTIVE dual wielding in the scenario that the Tenno are facing (generally closed rooms and tight spaces) are scimitars and short sword. With the dual Skana, that scenario is already covered.

Dual Scimitar would thus be the only option in my eyes....

That said...I wouldn't mind.

Buuuut...speaking of bent blades...Naginata...I want a Naginata. Or it's $&*&*#(%&ly scary brother the Guan Dao.

Edited by Shehriazad

The only dual blade that would allow for EFFECTIVE dual wielding in the scenario that the Tenno are facing (generally closed rooms and tight spaces) are scimitars and short sword. With the dual Skana, that scenario is already covered.

Buuuut...speaking of bent blades...Naginata...I want a Naginata. Or it's $&*&*#(%&ly scary brother the Guan Dao.

2 long swords would be awesome.  Or at least let us use the sword in the main hand and the dagger in the offhand.  DE screwed it up again with the new scimitar, knife combo when they made the knife be in the main hand.  Well at least that saved me a few platinum.

That one that is "a little shorter" is at an angle that hides part of the blade; look at the one I provided and measure yourself.

Also the top of one of the blades is cut off so how can you make that distinction?

that looks like a short sword and a long sword to me.

It says Dual Heat Swords, but one of them is the Heat Dagger. Dual Skana is the only actual dual swords in the game from what I know.

NO LONGER

Dual Heat Swords is actually two heat swords now. If you equip it or look in-game what was once a dagger is now a second sword. They are both the same size, and it looks really goofy that you have this sword horizontally strapped to your back sticking out to the side. BUT you have 2 swords now.

NO LONGER

Dual Heat Swords is actually two heat swords now. If you equip it or look in-game what was once a dagger is now a second sword. They are both the same size, and it looks really goofy that you have this sword horizontally strapped to your back sticking out to the side. BUT you have 2 swords now.

They look good when equipped, though. :D

All of my yes.

Edited by LangFu

NO LONGER

Glorious Day!

Dual Heat Swords are indeed two full sized swords now, though they retain the old icon with the heat dagger in the offhand. I'm not sure this isn't a bug, if it is I don't ever want them to fix it though.

But if you ever plan on using Dual Heat Swords you better have them equiped 99% of the time for a melee build, since they look rather ridiculous when holstered.. with one of the swords sticking from behind you back like that you should slash enemies just by running close to them.

Also, colored red and adorned with the chain these look extremely badass. Nami Skyla might have better stats but I'm seriously considering keeping these...

Edited by LocoWithGun

It seems like everyone is under the impressions that the Dual Heat Swords hars still only a sword/dagger combo. How about trying them on now? Ever since melee 2.0, the Dual Heat Swords actually became, dual swords. I'm serious. They're both equal in length.

It seems like everyone is under the impressions that the Dual Heat Swords hars still only a sword/dagger combo. How about trying them on now? Ever since melee 2.0, the Dual Heat Swords actually became, dual swords. I'm serious. They're both equal in length.

I just checked it out in game and it's true. And holy crap they look awesome.  Now DE needs to do this for ALL their weapons. Dual Skana, Dual Ether(ESPECIALLY Dual Ether) oh and I want Dual Dakra Primes.