Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Three Things We Need After Update 13

Seanjuju

Quit being bitter? You should know how long the stuff in the OP has plagued warframe.

1. Mastery.

This is going to take DE a while for it to get updated.

2. Knockdown/Recovery.

Whats the first thing a heavy unit does when you get close to them? They slap you and knock you down.

We don't need better knockdown recovery the enemies need to stop using it 100% of the time, because i can gaurentee, walk right up to a heavy unit they will knock you down instantly.

3. Armor.

Armor is only needed for high wave defence/survivals, regular missions you can do just fine with the armor we have now.

Endless defence & survival is whats giving the impression we need better dmg & armor/health e.t.c

Edited by xoxcloudxox

1. Mastery.

2. Knockdown/Recovery.

Whats the first thing a heavy unit does when you get close to them? They slap you and knock you down.

We don't need better knockdown recovery the enemies need to stop using it 100% of the time, because i can gaurentee, walk right up to a heavy unit they will knock you down instantly.

3. Armor.

Armor is only needed for high wave defence/survivals, regular missions you can do just fine with the armor we have now.

Endless defence & survival is whats giving the impression we need better dmg & armor/health e.t.c

You see how quickly you came up with a solution to knockdown? There have been countless threads on these subjects in the past year, giving great alternatives, yet we still have these #*($%%@ up versions with no word from dev.

You see how quickly you came up with a solution to knockdown? There have been countless threads on these subjects in the past year, giving great alternatives, yet we still have these #*($%%@ up versions with no word from dev.

Well then i don't know :/

I can only keep saying post in the suggestion forum because realisticly thats the only place they will hear you, get enough people to post on the threads daily and maybe, just maybe it will catch the Devs eyes.

You can't complain about there being too many knockdowns and then say the mods that reduce knockdowns are "not worth it."

That's like complaining that enemies do too much damage, and shield mods not being worth a spot.

Sure I can.

1. A mastery system that really means something

-Mastery speaks very little to how powerful a weapon is and prime weapons ignore the system altogether. 

-Mastery means no more than being capable of farming Kappa and Kiste.

-Unless there's a weapon you can't have, mastery rank requirements aren't found anywhere, not even the codex. 

-The compelling factors behind the system are swag, variety, and extractors.

2. A better recovery system

-You won't find any incarnation of this: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/177682-de-i-know-youre-ultra-busy-with-20-but-i-hope-you-wont-forget-this/

-Once you're stun locked, skill means nothing

- Knockdowns aren't measured in degrees; every knockdown is a complete knockdown.

- The parrying stance won't reduce your chance to be knocked down.

-Recovery mods like handspring offer little value as individual mods

3. A better armor system

-Armor values are arbitrary and have no correlation to aesthetic features or speed.

-Armor mitigation only effects damage related to health.

-Elemental resistances are all individual independent armors.

-Armor is purely and extension of effective health

Whats the plan after update 13?

I think the only thing I disagree with is the Armor System. It SEEMS un-necessary, but having a separate armor value essentially means not having insanely high HEALTH values. So instead of saying a guy has 10,000 health, you could just say he has 100 health and 100 armor (or whatever mixture of numbers better floats your boat. You get the idea). At least, this is usually the primary reason a game dev decides to go this route instead of just having everything defined as health.

This also means that health orbs become significantly better at their job if you think about it. Compare the two examples I gave earlier.

A guy with 10,000 health max who's near-death would have to pick up more orbs than I care to count this early in the morning. Whereas, the guy with the 100 health (and 100 armor) would only have to pick up a few. Having that separate armor value means he TECHNICALLY has 10,000 health, but he's less punished when taking damage, in every sense of the phrase.

So, no. Armor is not "purely" an extension of health. It's "Free" health. Health that will never actually be removed from you.

In regards to the Mastery, though, I agree. And furthermore, I find it odd that mastery goes to individual weapons. I understand the idea of fighting with a weapon and gaining mastery with it, but isn't a longsword a longsword a longsword? If I have two heavy weapons that are used and move exactly the same, why do I have to master each one individually? Why doesn't Mastery carry over within weapons of the same type? I mastered a longsword. Why do I have to re-master another one? I'm already proficient. In the end, this just makes it a bit more annoying when purchasing new weapons...

As some have already pointed out, yes. WarFrame is in beta. However, this is exactly what Beta is FOR. Finding problems, and fixing them. So, here are some problems.

1. Mastery.

2. Knockdown/Recovery.

3. Armor.

1. Mastery is arguably the progression in the game which has been reduced to kappa and kiste xp farming. It might take a while to update but I'd at least like know that DE takes an interest in seeing it updated.

2. I think players need a way to counter against it and recover it as the situation demands. At least a roll to dodge fire or enemy melee finishers(they might have them after 13). I really liked the ideas in the link i provided.

3. Its not about having more armor, its about armor being more than it is, an arbitrary number that raises effective health.

I think the only thing I disagree with is the Armor System. It SEEMS un-necessary, but having a separate armor value essentially means not having insanely high HEALTH values. So instead of saying a guy has 10,000 health, you could just say he has 100 health and 100 armor (or whatever mixture of numbers better floats your boat. You get the idea). At least, this is usually the primary reason a game dev decides to go this route instead of just having everything defined as health.

This also means that health orbs become significantly better at their job if you think about it. Compare the two examples I gave earlier.

A guy with 10,000 health max who's near-death would have to pick up more orbs than I care to count this early in the morning. Whereas, the guy with the 100 health (and 100 armor) would only have to pick up a few. Having that separate armor value means he TECHNICALLY has 10,000 health, but he's less punished when taking damage, in every sense of the phrase.

So, no. Armor is not "purely" an extension of health. It's "Free" health. Health that will never actually be removed from you.

I feel that separate armor types for each elemental type is unnecessary. The values seem too arbitrary; I'd like a more dynamic system. Also, the armor doesn't increase effective health by very much (unless you're valkyr). 

2) There are plenty of mods that help with knockdowns on frames that don't already have knockdown immunity.

1. A mastery system that really means something

-Mastery speaks very little to how powerful a weapon is and prime weapons ignore the system altogether. 

-Mastery means no more than being capable of farming Kappa and Kiste.

-Unless there's a weapon you can't have, mastery rank requirements aren't found anywhere, not even the codex. 

-The compelling factors behind the system are swag, variety, and extractors.

2. A better recovery system

-You won't find any incarnation of this: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/177682-de-i-know-youre-ultra-busy-with-20-but-i-hope-you-wont-forget-this/

-Once you're stun locked, skill means nothing

- Knockdowns aren't measured in degrees; every knockdown is a complete knockdown.

- The parrying stance won't reduce your chance to be knocked down.

-Recovery mods like handspring offer little value as individual mods

3. A better armor system

-Armor values are arbitrary and have no correlation to aesthetic features or speed.

-Armor mitigation only effects damage related to health.

-Elemental resistances are all individual independent armors.

-Armor is purely and extension of effective health

Whats the plan after update 13?

contradiction attempt failed

Rhino players be like, knockdowns, wait what.. this game has knowckdowns?

Oh we know there are Knockdowns.  After all, when IS melts and you're in the middle of a fight with a Heavy, you're arse will be flat on the grass as often as anyone else's.

You come across as very bitter & annoyed that your opinions haven't been acknowledged and implemented in the game so you need to make a thread in GD about it.

If you want to get yourself heard, bang on about it in the Suggestion section of the forum.

You're the one that sounds bitter and annoyed. Perhaps you're reading into your own shortcomings and trying to find a fall guy. The OP had no such tonality and it was pointing out unpolished and much needed mechanic tweaks.