Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Fix Nyx Post

7grims

this is why I dont use nyx. When I used physic bolts ( a long time ago) they seemed to always hit except they were very weak and pointless.

Also Nyx has one of the worst ultimate even if it can do a lot of damage. When its activated your whole team usually eliminates everything before it can deal damage. And If you are crowded not being able to kill with it you will go down.

but these suggestions are good.

Edited by sneakatone

Someone saying Nyx is not good enough? I would say keep complaining so they would buff my favorite frame but we know that would not be good in the long run.....

I do like the idea for mind control, it's a lot more noticeable than the current animation. Though I dunno why it should not be affected by energy color. In fact, sometimes I choose energy color so people can see certain warframe power effects better.

Psychic bolts... needs help. they just dun hit anything reliably, though having an interesting mechanic added to those affected would be nice, like a mind controlled target prioritizes those affected by psychic bolts. Just an idea of course.

Chaos.... you do realize that even if chaos had a target limit it would still potentially affect an entire army? Enemies like to aggro the first threat they see, and a chaos'd target falls under that category. Many times have seen an unaffected target start attacking one affected by chaos instead of me. Keep in mind this is coming form someone who thinks chaos should be nerfed, it's just that with the way the skill works i dunno how one would go about that.

Absorb is fine as it is. At least you have to choose wisely when to use it. Moving around with absorb on would be OP beyond belief. Let's give a frame that can disrupt armies and make them kill each other at her will the ability to run around invincible for 10 seconds, after dealing over 9000 damage to everyone in range cause her teammates shot her. wait, you can make it last longer with duration mods too!

Also, the main problems with absorb and mind control is that people don't want to use teamwork, not so much the skills themselves. I honestly wish there were more teamwork oriented skills in the game.

The only solution for Mind Control to be useful is to turn the controlled enemy immune to friendly fire, like it already happens with allies in invasion missions. This is the only solution, anything else will fail. Period. 

Yah, that actually makes allot of sense, might just add it to this post if I re-edit it.

I think Nyx is one of the most balanced frames. Putting the big lotus symbol.over a controlled enemies head seems like a good idea though. But.. do not touch absorb (outside of maybe a small range buff) being able to have allies shoot you and rack up you damage is very useful.

Thought i'd add she does have a little exploit with absorb that allows you to move whilst it is active, i'm pretty sure DE know about this but just haven't got round to fixing it yet i for one look forward to the exploit being fixed so her powers work as intended (personal opinion mind you).

But.. do not touch absorb (outside of maybe a small range buff) being able to have allies shoot you and rack up you damage is very useful.

I'm really not sure about this, I have read on a hotfix patch note that this feature was removed, (the ability of team mates to shoot nyx to build up more damage) but other have said that this feature is still there.

The suggestions in this topic on mind control such as delaying damage caused by the team till the power ends is totally viable, if you have an effect like you suggest it could potentially allow trolls to keep an enemy alive indefinitely on an exterminate.

Unless the enemy suffer damage after the control ends. 

A huge improvement to Absorb would be to allow cancelling of the skill by activating it again. That way if everything dies and you've got a duration build you aren't stuck looking like a fool. It would also allow for on demand knockdown, although a minimum channel time might be needed to avoid spamming.

Psychic Bolts needs something more. Maybe knockdown or some other form of CC, seeing as Nyx is supposed to be a psychic/telekinetic frame but only has one power that really screams telekinesis. Being her only real direct damage skill Psychic Bolts needs more "mind bullets" behind it.

Other than that I'm fine with her skills. Mind Control locks down high priority targets so they don't shred your team and Chaos is a quick save for ressing or getting enemies off the pod. Hell, I use Mind Control more to stop heavy Grineer from knocking me over and half the time I end up capping them in the head myself.

Nyx doesn't need a full rework, she just needs a little love.

I'm really not sure about this, I have read on a hotfix patch note that this feature was removed, (the ability of team mates to shoot nyx to build up more damage) but other have said that this feature is still there.

It's still there. I did a T3 defense with a friend a week ago and he emptied his Gorgon into my bubble. One-shotted a room full of heavy gunners at 30 minutes.

Unless the enemy suffer damage after the control ends. 

what we were suggesting is a bit like what happens to valkyre if she does not kill the marked enemy units.

The thing is, sometimes I use control to make use of an enemy like a healer, but other times I use it as there is only me and one napalm in the room and its a good insta stun that lets me kill him for free with no damage taken,

If he was immune to my fire I would just be delaying the fight, I may as well not bother, If I leave him I can not cast again till it wares off and if it is an exterminate or defense I need to kill him.

So what I would like is to be able to shoot him and see his life bar go to zero, but still have him walk around till the power stops then he falls down dead. so instead of having the unit immune to attack, have the unit take damage but be immune to death while the power in active even from enemy fire. Now that would be great.

I'm on yes, because if no one will give a good voice on that then Finally NOTHING WILL CHANGE!!!
I write a lot of posts how to change some abilities, but almost no respodnes of my ideas, I fell like being ignored. And see people complaining about weak skills. GOD DAMN PEOPLE, You are complaining about something that is OP or too weak, someone is writing a better idea that what is in warframe and you just ingore it. :/

If you will be like that then NOTHING WILL CHANGE IN WARFRAME!!!

I'm on yes, because if no one will give a good voice on that then Finally NOTHING WILL CHANGE!!!

I write a lot of posts how to change some abilities, but almost no respodnes of my ideas, I fell like being ignored. And see people complaining about weak skills. GOD DAMN PEOPLE, You are complaining about something that is OP or too weak, someone is writing a better idea that what is in warframe and you just ingore it. :/

If you will be like that then NOTHING WILL CHANGE IN WARFRAME!!!

Yap, keep pestering them all, sooner or later we shall be heard.

And yah, some ppl have really bad replies, like whatever is wrong in the game, they just say " play solo".

Those ppl are genius... not.

It is still there, I have been doing over 1 million damage repeatedly in ODD with the help of the friendly neighborhood Nova (and over 100k with just a Boltor Prime).

Just swap Mind Control and Psychic Bolt powers (level and mod points). The most simple one will be Psychic Bolt. 

Psychic Bolt will not do any damage anymore, but will stun the enemies hit for two seconds (modified by duration mods). 

Mind Control will give immunity to friendly fire on a controlled enemy (like already happens with allies in invasion missions) and will do some damage after the effect finishes (the same damage currently done by psychic bolt), so that no troll abuses it in extermination missions. Controlled enemies will also have their health doubled. Duration is also doubled.