Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De You Finally Created The Ultimate Cause To Not Play Online Anymore

Scr4mp

I had Captain Cod in T3 survival who was using puddles. Explained how puddles should be used for knockdown or removal of 'troublesome enemies' for very specific moments which hardly ever occur. He stopped using puddles and used tentacles.

The puddles ability although funny is a vortex's weak little sister. DE should have reduced puddle time and made the enemies bob up and down on the surface of the water. Instead we got Captain Cod and troller of the deep.

Edited by Blowfist

Like i said if kick worked like Reporting and sent a message to the DE then the DE could easily moderate the system and keep people from abusing it. 

Yes it would be a huge hassle from them but its a type of system that is very hard to abuse if its possible to abuse it.

How this would work: You click on the kick icon near there name, you click on why you want to kick them, that sends a message to the DE who decides whether its worth kicking them, they either get kicked or don't get kicked.

That... has absolutely nothing to do with the DE. The DE did not make the troller troll. The players doing it are. While it sucks that you have apparently encountered so many of them, just watch out for them in the future and dont join any games with them. A block or report feature would be helpful though.

just avoid undertow players... not that hard. As a hydroid player myself I only ever use ability 1, and 4. Never 2, and 3. Not all hydroids are bad. However Undertow should really work like Vauban's bastille in that everyone can still damage them somehow.

Like i said if kick worked like Reporting and sent a message to the DE then the DE could easily moderate the system and keep people from abusing it. 

Yes it would be a huge hassle from them but its a type of system that is very hard to abuse if its possible to abuse it.

How this would work: You click on the kick icon near there name, you click on why you want to kick them, that sends a message to the DE who decides whether its worth kicking them, they either get kicked or don't get kicked.

That would require a massive team... How much do you spend on this game every day? Do you think were spending enough to warrant the hiring of an entire team dedicated to just sitting there and kicking people FROM AROUND THE WORLD FROM OVER A THOUSAND PLAYERS EVERY DAY!?

Honestly think about what you just said...

edit: lets not forget translating!

Edited by Arlayn

Simplest fix on the DE end would be to make it so "puddled" enemies can be damaged by other tenno meaning even if they do activate undertow at enemy spawns you can kill the ones they puddled instead of waiting for the gap between undertows.

On PS4, I only join PUG for alerts/key/OD missions; mainly just for loots and so I am not using my keys; so I couldn't care less if a 3 Forma'd Nova with a 5 Foma'd Soma tries to demonstrate her superiority by spamming 4's to kill level 13 enemies. 

Undertow is just nothing more than a new color on the spam-4 (or 3?) fan deck. If you try to level stuff up or actually have fun playing, PUG is not the way to go, may be except for survival missions.

Edited by (PS4)RocketPunch1221

I have not found the water pool to be very good.  Mostly on higher missions(survival) its not very good because after you trap them they don't die all the way and then you are getting swarmed by 50 of them all at once when you come out of the pool.  Maybe im doing something wrong idk. 

If DE would stop making these frames with kill-all-enemies-in-location abilities, or at least stop making these powers, you wouldn't have this issue. Wonder why you never see an Excalibur, or an Ash, or a Loki doing this, to name a few? More frames should be like them. Give these frames powers that help the team, not steal kills away from teammates in a game where you level up by getting more kills. So yes, I say change up the abilities. Have most of these stun the enemy in some form or fashion. For Hydroid, just let the power pick them up, throw them around, and then toss them to the ground, leaving them disoriented for a time. The Hydroid can still mop them up with his guns or melee weapon, and other players can do the same. Same for other abilities. Sure, a bunch of people will probably leave the game because they wouldn't have their automatic press-4-to-win power anymore, but that's an acceptable loss for making your game much more of a team-oriented product.

Just a little fact for people speaking about "stolen kills", not really a problem....

If you need some XP, you'll get more xp by letting other do the job, if you keep in a range where they share xp, you'll get more xp to upgrade all your stuff.

If you kill most ennemis, you'll only get more xp on the weapon you use to get this more kill, in most case, not the weapon you want to level up...

Just a little add...

PS: Yep, my english still bad, hope this is a bit understandable.

Edited by ZeGreymane