Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Bring Back The U7 Gorgon Sound!

GONZI2013

for those who don't know or remember, the gorgon in update7 had the most distinctive sound of all the weapons. Think on how it is now but cooler. When a heavy entered a room, the noise of her Gorgon muffles out the sound of the other solder's Bustons. Hearing the rapid sound of a rattling chain would certainly grab your attention. for some reason when update 8 rolled out they changed it so it sounded like it was firing rubber bullets. While the new-new sound is better, it still doesn't have magic that the U7 Gorgon had. Was there are reason why the sound team changed the sound? Was it buggy, or did the team just not like it?

For those who are curious about what I am talking about, here is a vid with the U7 Gorgon in action.

Edited by GONZI2013

I'm more disappointed in Twin Vipers, I used to love the sound of firing that but now it sounds like two old men rubbing a piece of wire between their butts while doing a wet fart... don't ask how I came up with that because I don't know myself

yea, they sounded better back then. I don't know why DE replaces great sounding weapons from the game

The sound from the Sicarus pistol was quite epic really. Rmemeber back when i bought it. It was a huge improvement from the Lato pistol back in the day. Come to think of it, didnt the Shield grineers had Sicarus pistols?

They did, and It was one of the "nice" ways to know there is a Shielder around with the pew pew pewie sicarus unlike the silenced viper nowdays. Then again vipers had better sound back then.

The reason why it was changed was because they changed their sound system for weapons from single sounds to layered sounds (you have 3+ sounds playing at once).

This allowed them to make guns sound different depending on where they were heard from as well as other effects becoming MUCH easier to work with.

I do however miss that Gorgon though, that was a terrifying gluttoral sound that put you on the defensive back in the day.

honestly, the gorgon sound was a bit.... well, alot louder then everything else, ever heard 8 gunners shooting at once? i dare you to put sound effects on max with headphones.

but yea, gorgon dosent sound that menaching now wich is kind of a shame.

cough cough Furis and Afuris Sawmen handsaws cough cough

I miss the old Afuris, my teammates used to know when I thought things were serious, because that's when the sound of a million pieces of shrapnel per second would start to sound from the vincinity of the pod. I'm not at all impressed with the newer pew pew sounds these days. Even though the tech and generation of sounds is definitely better, the actual feeling behind each weapon has taken a serious hit. About the only weapon I think sounds meaty these days is the Tigris.

Why do people like the old sound? It sounds more like a rusty pipe than a gun IMO

90 rounds worth of rusty pipes blasted out of a grungy grineer minigun, that's what made it awesome (that and the old 30 damage that it used to have).

Edited by rapt0rman

honestly, the gorgon sound was a bit.... well, alot louder then everything else, ever heard 8 gunners shooting at once? i dare you to put sound effects on max with headphones.

but yea, gorgon dosent sound that menaching now wich is kind of a shame.

It's a machinegun. It's supposed to be loud. And threatening.

And holy crap, that Latron sounds delicious.

It's a machinegun. It's supposed to be loud. And threatening.

And holy crap, that Latron sounds delicious.

yea, but compared to everything else, it was borderline too loud.

they could lower the sound effect a bit rather then change it to what it is now.

• 1 month later...