Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mag's Powers Are Still Slow And Outdated

Quasar-Sandwich

As the title states I believe that mag should have a revamp of her powers so that they can be more useful.

The thread is open for discussion and debate on what would be cool for her powers and new names and stuff.

First off from myself, being greatly influenced by the very idea of Pains Power from Naruto Shippuden, I think that her third and fourth powers should be changes. 

Third power change: It can still have the name "bullet attractor", however it will be used entirely differently. When you activate it, the power will be a toggle based power of energy per second when its on (amount of energy per second can be debated). What it would do is, when you toggle it on all bullets/rockets/bombs/grenades will be stopped in mid air in a 180 degree arc around the direction the middle of your screen is viewing and when toggled off all those projectiles will be launched at hit-scan spread outward like a shotgun blast. The amount of damage each projectile does will be determined by the amount of damage it was meant to do to your warframe as well as a damage multiplier of 2x. There will be a cool down of 10 seconds after use and to prevent you from double tapping the key bound button, it will have a 1 second time before you can release (unless you run out of energy).

Fourth power change: Like with pain's magnetic control ability, it will be the "Almighty Push". This ability will launch enemies away from you in a certain radius (about 15-20 meters) in all directions. Enemies will take a base amount of damage as well as significantly more damage if they hit a wall. The ability has 100% proc on magnetic and will stun still living enemies for about 2-3 seconds.

What are your thoughts, anymore suggestions/changes/ideas?

Please comment with a certain degree of respect.

Dude, there are other frames that need reworks much more than she does right now. Her 1 is an amazingly spammable wide-area CC, her 2 is the best scaling anti-Corpus skill in the game, with the added bonus of team shield recovery. Her 4 is a somewhat decent AoE with some CC.

Ash, Ember, Oberon, Nekros and Valkyr need more urgent changes. Mag does need some love later though.

First off from myself, being greatly influenced by the very idea of Pains Power from Naruto Shippuden,

Why

Nah im good.

I throw BA with stretch on a really tough unit, and suddenly NOTHING can shoot me as the shots pass through the bubble. Its how I soloed Tethra's Doom esc.

I dont like that the only cure for Crush is Natural Talent, BUT the does stun enemies for that full time. level 50 heavy gunners that arent shooting me are a blessing in anyform.

Pull is still hillariously Awesome

And SP can still one-shot level 50 corpus

Edited by ensignvidiot

Mag is the only Warframe that has a scaled damaging power, SP. Because it takes the target's current shield value for damage, the higher level the enemy is, the higher the damage will be. It's the only damaging power in the game that uses a % instead of a capped value. I think her casting time is good, i don't think she needs a Buff. Crush is a little slow but whatever, the other ones are really fast.

Edited by RexSol

Dude, there are other frames that need reworks much more than she does right now. Her 1 is an amazingly spammable wide-area CC, her 2 is the best scaling anti-Corpus skill in the game, with the added bonus of team shield recovery. Her 4 is a somewhat decent AoE with some CC.

Ash, Ember, Oberon, Nekros and Valkyr need more urgent changes. Mag does need some love later though.

Why

Ember and Valkyr are fine as-is. People need to learn how to use accelerant.

You lost me when you made it known that you want it to be similar to a 'Naruto' character's ability. Anything related to that failed series...

BTW - That ability of Pain dealt more so with gravity/telekinesis rather than magnetic force (electromagnetism). His repel ability just wouldn't fit for Mag. Banshee's skill is more similar to Pain's if that's what you want.

You lost me when you made it known that you want it to be similar to a 'Naruto' character's ability. Anything related to that failed series...

BTW - That ability of Pain dealt more so with gravity/telekinesis rather than magnetic force (electromagnetism). His repel ability just wouldn't fit for Mag. Banshee's skill is more similar to Pain's if that's what you want.

I'll have you know it was stated in the series thaat Pains's Universal pull used some form of magnetism.

I'll have you know it was stated in the series thaat Pains's Universal pull used some form of magnetism.

... I don't recall that unless you can provide a source. Even so, magnetism =/= gravity... So don't get your panties in a bunch  =D

But I'm seriously not trying to have a debate over anything regarding Naruto.... unless it's Neji  =D

Edited by avinity8

I kind of like Mag how she is, though.  Only problem is Crush takes ten years to cast.  Other than that I like making Moa origami.

That's kind of why I spent real money to get my second warframe, Saryn. When I was playing Mag, rooms would be cleared while my abilities were casting so I'd just look like an idiot. While watching my shields evaporate from the remaining enemies on a ledge somewhere.

Fourth power change: Like with pain's magnetic control ability, it will be the "Almighty Push". This ability will launch enemies away from you in a certain radius (about 15-20 meters) in all directions. Enemies will take a base amount of damage as well as significantly more damage if they hit a wall. The ability has 100% proc on magnetic and will stun still living enemies for about 2-3 seconds.

I'd rather not throw enemies and any loot they might have over railings and off cliffs.  For that matter, with Zephyr and Lame Name around, I've got to say I'd far rather see a power that nicely holds the mob in place.  So basically, if they're going to change anything on Crush, it should be shortening the activation time.

I have Mag Prime but dont played with her after update 13. Before the update I can say she was very fun to play with. 

Now, after Fatzord was introduced, anything is possible in Warframe. 

In any case, if she is nerfed, build a Nova, and spam M-Prime all the day.