Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If You Nerf Trinity. I Will Walk Away. (Watched Twitch Stream)

D3ad_Parr0ts

He's still plenty good. All of his skills have use, via CC and damage (even if Freeze is still a little low). It's better than he was pre-nerf, when all of his skills save for Snowglobe were absolute jokes.

As I said, it doesn't matter what you buff to compensate for nerfing the crutch skill. People are going to complain because their "I win" button is gone.

I'm happy snowglobe was nerfed, even though I am saying contrary.  It's just that people complaining is a good thing 'to a extent' because DE will find a as happy and balanced medium they can and thats where frost is today.

I still say that his Avalanch leaves a little bit to be desired.

Rather entitled nee?

The game is in beta and you were not promised anything

You have contributed and your voice means something but if it isnt for the good of the game then you arent going to be wanted here regardless of what you chose to spend (which is a poor argument to begin with)

As a trinity main

Bring the nerf

It's a little disappointing, since I literally just finished the perfect Trinity build (three formas and a bunch of grinding) but yeah, it had to happen. I mean... team-wide invulnerability, from anywhere on the map, all the time... it's just... well... "overpowered" is literally an understatement here.

But ya know, to me this is just further evidence that they should do away with the energy system for frame abilities and go with cooldowns instead.

Edited by DocHolliday13

I support the OP, none of you guys actually play trinity, hell I don't see much players actually picking her, they pick Nova instead or Rhino.

If Trinity is all that overpowered then why I don't see people picking Trinity? It's because all'ya pick nova or rhino that's why.

Leave my Trinity out from the nerf bucket

Uh...you realize Trin is probably my second or third most played frame? I'm sitting on a couple of million xp with her.

This thread reminds me so much of when they changed Trin originally into what she is now. Remember the link "nerf"? 

Changed it from immortality into a damage reduction and everyone said the skill was useless and Trin was useless etc. 

The same can be said for Rhino, Frost and Nyx. Vauban as well.

They changed Rhino's Iron skin to something more balanced - People complained and threatened to leave.

They changed Frost to something that's actually quite effective (Also a massive Frost player here), same thing happened.

They changed Nyx's chaos to no longer be a muti cast, people complained, said the skill was now useless, despite it still being one of the best forms of CC in the game.

They changed Vauban's Bastille to hold 12 enemies per cast, without mods. People complained, said it was useless and failed to admit that it can still render the entire Infested faction useless, with builds that most people will use for him anyway.

You're complaining about a change, that hasn't even happened yet. Grow the hell up.

Trin is in desperate need of a nerf. She is the most OP frame at the moment. Anything that gives your entire team total immortality indefinitely, deserves to be removed or changed.

Am I the only one who absolutely loves trinity and can't wait for her ultimate to be redesigned?!

I don't wan't permanent invincibility for me and my team I want some skill based ability that can support my allies instead.

If i say I don't want Blessing to be a defensive buff, but change to an offensive debuff on the enemy, am I the minority ? :l

As soon as they finish with Trinity and Nova... Vauban is next. No frame should be able to completely lock down 1 faction by itself.

WTB Ranged Infested

Ranged infested are a more reasonable solution to that problem.  I am totally on board with infested "artillery" units showering you with quills or spitting acid or something.

I support the OP, none of you guys actually play trinity, hell I don't see much players actually picking her, they pick Nova instead or Rhino.

If Trinity is all that overpowered then why I don't see people picking Trinity? It's because all'ya pick nova or rhino that's why.

Leave my Trinity out from the nerf bucket

Obviously you haven't been doing t3 survivals, I see them EVERYWHERE!

Ranged infested are a more reasonable solution to that problem.  I am totally on board with infested "artillery" units showering you with quills or spitting acid or something.

Poison AOE spitters, from medium to long range. Solves the Vauban problem, doesnt touch the frame

Obviously you haven't been doing t3 survivals, I see them EVERYWHERE!

I don't see the OP Trinity builds much yet. In fact, I don't think I've ever seen one besides mine. But, I think that's for two reasons: 1. because many players don't know the build yet, and 2. because some of the mods are a bit difficult to get, and take some resources to rank up.

Still doesn't change the fact that the build is vastly OP, regardless of how common or uncommon it is to see people using it.

Edit: you know what I think? I don't think the problem is necessarily specifically Trinity. I think the problem is, as people have been saying in one other hot thread, with Fleeting Expertise. Reducing energy costs to 25% is the culprit behind many builds seeming too powerful, not just Trinity's.

Edited by DocHolliday13

People generally like to over-react to gameplay changes. A 10% reduction in effectiveness is often interpreted as "completely useless" by the general MMO community, as an example. 

Blessing should not be as powerful as it is. There really is no other way around that, and it has needed to be changed for several updates now. If the developers are any good at their job, however, they won't simply leave Trinity useless. That would be just as stupid. 

People generally like to over-react to gameplay changes. A 10% reduction in effectiveness is often interpreted as "completely useless" by the general MMO community, as an example. 

Blessing should not be as powerful as it is. There really is no other way around that, and it has needed to be changed for several updates now. If the developers are any good at their job, however, they won't simply leave Trinity useless. That would be just as stupid. 

how exactly would there be a nerf to her if they removed the invincibility portion and left everything else the same?

I find your actions understandable and I hope they don't nerf your main character.   I do feel as DE tends to listen to complains with alittle bit of...over zealousness so to speak?

If he really decides to nerf her "god-mode" it's going to come to a point where she will need it again....because people are going to complain about the difficulity of enemies down the line

I take it as DE seeing people go up to wave 300 as an issue....but..yeah....I hope they don't nerf her the way we think they will...Trinity is a Blessing