Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Glorious Battle And Victory In The Name Of Your Clan [Dark Sector Megathread]

Oizen

then perhaps just skip dark sectors all together?  its easily done and you wont miss a thing.

[Edit] misread your tone there.

Easy for the time being, but a person shouldn't have to when a new mode the game desperately needs is out. Not agreeing with OP in the slightest btw, just saying. And I'm just talking about in terms of things being set up a lot better. Not really ever feature in a game is meant for every crowd.

Edited by SolidSp33d

That's cute, you guys do realize over on Memphis, Phobos, we had the clan GardionS throwing a 50% credit AND resource tax, right? Why talk about Eclipse when we have an overly foolish clan thinking they can get away in the current conflict with a 50% credit and resource tax?

Now you're speaking my language. Just the difference between you saying something like this and something like your original post is pretty big. Anyone can say "This thing sucks." after all. The forums could do with more people saying more then that. Even if only a bit more.

I actually understand this complaint pretty well. It is one of the things I've been taking very seriously. Contested States just aren't desirable enough on the Personal level. Battlepay is too inconsistent. The reward for actually going in there and fighting those enemies needs to be something more.

(Haven't read all the replies here because this topic just exploded) But in my opinion it doesn't make sense people go to the one with the higher battle pay, even if it does have a giant tax on it... like 25%

Because if you think about it, even if an alliance gives a battle pay of 10k~, but charge a rail 25% tax on a sector giving you 20k, in the end, after all that, you're only getting 15k that dark sector.

On the other hand, if you have a 5% -10% tax, but offer like 500 credit battle pay... This ones still more worth it. (Is that even a sentence, doesn't sound right lol). Because even if you do support them and only get 500 credits, but they end up winning, you would make a higher amount of credits. 18k. Sure you dont get 10k~ credits by supporting them, but when you do the dark sector with the small battle pay, you gain back the credits what the one that was giving you 10k for.

Well it makes sense in my head lol...

They tax waaaaaaaay too high, but they give the highest battle pay with the credits from those taxes...

Its really annoying. I think its because of the taxes and the fact that they control 99% of the dark sectors...

I was talking to someone in game and they said their just worried Eclipse will grow into a monopoly.

And I agree. Its pretty much happening now anyway.

A simple fix would be to have a max number of rails deployed...

Maybe like 4 or something...

Apparently theres 26 so... yah.. 4 sounds decent.

(Dont know if theres a mega thread on this or what but.. yah)

I dont belong to any alliance lol. Im in a small clan with just me and my friends...

Well... this is embarrassing now isn't it...

First of all, looking at both your post jus tells me that you are in a small clan,does not have a alliance and whining that you are unable to initiate and win a conflict against Eclipse.

Secondly, of all the rails that we hold, we charge 25% taxes because of the insane amount of battlepay we put up for each conflict that happens and mind you dude, repairs dont come cheap and credits do not drop from the sky. We the alliance members run an insane amount of missions to contribute to the repair of the rail.

Lastly, please do get your facts right about us trying to become a monopoly

I look forward to the day where alliances form alliances to take them down... xD

Im currently trying to unite all anti eclipse forces,i have met clans in game that are fighting eclipse and one of them joined our alliance.no matter howsmall the clans are as long as they are active and fight eclipse they are welcomed.

We are STILL looking forward for a serious opposing alliance to actually contest for the rails that we hold and not deploying a rail just for the sake of deploying and locking up the particular DS just for the fun of it or they just happen to have a spare rail and got nothing to do with it.

But we can't really know how much their own members actually run their rails.

We mobilise all the members online to run when we are being challenged. Take the conflict on Angry Joe Army as a example, we took their rail out in 3hrs.

Basically people, to sum it up, stop whining on the forums and contest to take us down if you are unhappy. However, please be a serious opponent unlike the clown that is contesting for Jupiter (Senai) now who claims he is a 1 man clan and does not bother.

Edited by Letter13

Then they realise that zero taxes cant support battle pay and rail repair and start charging taxes

And once more - if you have the balls to demand zero % DS taxes - i demand only free stuff in trade channel - we are all tennos after all - right ? Even better - send me some plat brotah share the welth dont be greedy.

Again;  free sectors fail because people MAKE SURE they will fail. Your argument is "If it wasn't us it would be somebody else"...  Which is literally exactly how a protection racket works.

The difference between dark sectors and items in trade chat is that nobody actually has to spend time farming for a dark sector to make it available. It's available by default. The only thing that changes is the name on the door. But the things you see for sale are not simply conjured into existence by speaking their name. Items in trade chat embody time spent playing the game, in some cases a LOT of time, looking for the item to sell. Also an item in trade chat is a one time purchase. You agree on a price, you get it, it's yours and you can do whatever you want with it. You cannot buy a dark sector. If this was possible we wouldn't be having this conversation because I would have bought one to gain unfettered access to it. Several people want clans to be able to build their own private solar rails to run as they like, which would solve this entire problem very neatly.

So, yeah. Situations are somewhat different. :)

People posting in this thread are a small minority of all the players. Some of us may share the same views, but we small few, won't make much of a difference.

The fact of the matter is, Eclipse is the strongest right now. They know what they're doing. Posting this won't help change very much of anything.

And this is a game afterall ;)

Here's a good solution. Stop playing at the sector they control. If nobody play their sector, they won't get any tax money. Let the leech die off its own greed. Feel free to take their battlepay though. I can never understand why people still playing when the credit is just merely 10k. Go join recruit void mission, you could easily get more per run.

So was 0% tax on everything, but hey, not everyone is bothered by everything.

You can't understand why people like to copter run 1~2 mins for 10k credit?

Just a little update, first if you dont believe that Eclipse is taking 75% of its members to help with the maintaining the Rails, there is an awsome website, which gives you alot of data, like the amounts of Tickets for Battlepay (Number of Mission payouts),....

Now to the possible game changer, the patch takes effect on the Dark Sectors, and it seems for the better, Eclipse has defended Seimeni on Ceres with the result of about 46 hours of uptime! ENJOY!

I hope it is ok to link it, but since i use this site alot i want to give out my big thanks to him and his work!

http://deathsnacks.com/wf/

Edited by ThaWolfX

Again;  free sectors fail because people MAKE SURE they will fail. Your argument is "If it wasn't us it would be somebody else"...  Which is literally exactly how a protection racket works.

Hum lets see. Mind going infront of a mirror and repeat the "free sectors fail becouse people MAKE SURE they will fail" - lets see if the irony hits you in the face.

Eclipse took bunch of DS - and imposed 0% tax. Instantly got contested.

Eclipse defended its DS. Most remainded 0% tax. Instantly got contested.

Eclipse defended its DS again but this time had to invest even more credits into the defence and the repair. Most sectors got taxed 10%. DS instantly got contested.

Or do you say its wrong for them to defend its rails ? 

See the problem ? But lets not focus on Eclipse lets look araund a bit.

Eclipse is the only alliance that is activly grind the opposition rails to open DS for the community asap. But thats a bad thing right ? Its far better when two alliances dont put a single credit battle pay nor have the numbers to grind down a rail so you get 48 hours of 99vs99% rails...

Eclipse is the bad guy for imposing 20% tax. Yet i have seen taxes up to 50% - but that ok couse its not Eclips. Even better how do 20% tax and 15% resors tax sound ? Fair right ? Yup there is quite a few DS that tax resorses. Check it.

Eclipse actully puts battlepay worth fighting for. But hey lets go fight for the 500 credit reward on that "fair" 20% credit tax 15% resors tax rail - right ?

Noone notice that some of the battle pay is supplied by Eclipse members been taxed 75% - shhh ignore that fact - Eclipse are bad mkey !

Lastly - wona take em down ? Go grab few of the DS that are holded by smaller Alliance - fill your coffers and then go take on Eclipse. But its probably better sitting on the forums saying how someone is bad for playing the game....

Eclipse took bunch of DS - and imposed 0% tax. Instantly got contested.

Eclipse defended its DS. Most remainded 0% tax. Instantly got contested.

Eclipse defended its DS again but this time had to invest even more credits into the defence and the repair. Most sectors got taxed 10%. DS instantly got contested.

Or do you say its wrong for them to defend its rails ? 

I'm pretty sure almost every rail has been contested intantly since the inception of the system. This means nothing.

*shrug* the whole system is poorly concieved IMO, much like the whole idea of clan exclusive tech. I was hoping the actual defense attack thing would be interesting in itself, but it got boring almost instantly since they decided to not even get new tiles for the missions.

This reminds me to Quantum's web and its ramifications in Clash of Clans. EVerytime there is an event 99% of the time they will win.

The difference? Quantim are winning cause they are pay-to-win #@*&$@s to rush their unit deployment wich gives them a pretty HUGE and infair advantage but in here at least other Alliances can fight them, i would wait to see how the Dark Sectors evolve before getting worried.

You probably don't realize this, but...

They won't fight for the other alliance if they like to have a high battle pay from Eclipse. Greed corrupts all.

If this guys is upset that he has to pay taxes on the DS, that is greedy. Using the funds from the taxes to give players the opportunity to farm large amounts of credits during conflicts is not greed. We don't use the credits for anything so we just give them to the community for the most part.

Seeing the Eclipse posts vs. the other posts in this thread. I am drifting toward support of the Eclipse. There are a bunch of hate posts about Eclipse, and then when an Eclipse member posts they are trying to explain they're side.

My alliances rail is currently contested by a clan. A clan was beating my alliance because they weren't doing anything. I spured them into action and once we were 1% ahead they stopped.

This means the dark sector will be closed for a long time, as there is no way we will destroy their rail.

Eclipse has an enemy rail gone within 8 hours or less. Re-opening the solar rail.

I really don't think anyone will take down eclipse, no one tries hard enough.

Half the time what happens is. A rail is contested and each side stays 80%+  as no one actually seems to try.

Can't blame Eclipse for being good at what they do.

Again. Respect.

The difference between dark sectors and items in trade chat is that nobody actually has to spend time farming for a dark sector to make it available. It's available by default. The only thing that changes is the name on the door. But the things you see for sale are not simply conjured into existence by speaking their name. Items in trade chat embody time spent playing the game, in some cases a LOT of time, looking for the item to sell. Also an item in trade chat is a one time purchase. You agree on a price, you get it, it's yours and you can do whatever you want with it. You cannot buy a dark sector. If this was possible we wouldn't be having this conversation because I would have bought one to gain unfettered access to it. Several people want clans to be able to build their own private solar rails to run as they like, which would solve this entire problem very neatly.

So, yeah. Situations are somewhat different. 

No, but we do spend time grinding them and creating rail and fighting off alliances promising 0% tax and farming void to donate money to alliance vault and more. Yeah we do no work to maintain them and farming pieces of a weapon or something is much easier. 

[Edit] misread your tone there.

Easy for the time being, but a person shouldn't have to when a new mode the game desperately needs is out. Not agreeing with OP in the slightest btw, just saying. And I'm just talking about in terms of things being set up a lot better. Not really ever feature in a game is meant for every crowd.

yeah but the problem is dark sectors are 1/2 a job, its been said their a starting point to be fleshed out, but in the meantime theres utterly no point fighting for a rail and being the owner, the only bonus's available are open to everyone once the rails nto in conflict so it doesnt matter who owns them at present, let Eclipse or other people take them all then just never contest them, we all end up winners and Eclipse gain absolutely nothing in return.

in fact fighting/deploying alliance rails is detrimental to the alliance, its better for 1 clan in the alliance to deploy for their clan, and the rest of the clans in the alliance to play/defend their node, this way the other clans all get battlepay the same as the general public (a deploying alliance or clan earns 0 credits for fighting) which they can donate/inject back into their alliance vault, also the alliance head can distribute equal shares of alliance funds back to each clans vaults.

then theres the conflict gametype which is totally dull and over in <5mins with little to no effort, its not engaging or fun in any way shape or form, it was a nice addition having the npc opponents use more than just clan names, but even last frame used, it would be nice if they did the same for the weapons (exclusing hax stuff like penta/ogris), but even then the whole experience is dull beyond belief once the novelty of npc tenno wears off, in the end your just in a tiny watered down void mission.

until theres big changes allround tho the reality is that we can ignore them and pretend there not there, which speaks volumes to how important they are, or lack thereof.

Edited by Methanoid

eclipse already has partial monopoly. Their tax keeps gettign higher (25% now). Their funds are insane - they can offer massive battle pays no oen can ever compete with and the recent update ensured that they will NEVER lose any sectors even if they pump tax to 75%.

So, anybody else see a parallel to Gradivus and "Team Greed?" The whole "honor vs. reward" thing? Just saying.

Of course not. Most people tend to jump on bandwagons. Bandwagons are this thing were, one person starts saying something like "Lets hates on x for reason y" and other people start doing the same thing, but they don't know why they are hating it, just that people are.

eclipse already has partial monopoly. Their tax keeps gettign higher (25% now). Their funds are insane - they can offer massive battle pays no oen can ever compete with and the recent update ensured that they will NEVER lose any sectors even if they pump tax to 75%.

You must be new. I didn't know this either till I asked around why the Tax rates were high and stuff. Well it's cause you need to repair the rails. And it ain't cheap. So they use the Tax money to repair the rails. Im assuming that the left over is turned into the BP. So basically it's their way of saying "Thanks for helping out!"

Edited by Kutabare

As I see it dark sectors are currently there for bonus exp (can't be taxed) and unique mods that are found there (can't be taxed)

These are the two strongest reasons to do dark sectors. Money, well really you could be making much more doing key missions with some friends or pugs. Rushing T3 captures or Exterminates is decent credit income.

Resources? So you're still making as much or a little more after tax than a regular mission on this planet, all the while fighting an easier enemy. Either go do a 40 minute survival on a regular node or do it on the dark sector and get more exp. Or am I missing something? My original complaint about this system was that nobody was paying battle pay and that the nodes were under conflict 99% of the time. Since the latest patch they are in conflict for about 20% of the time (if their owner is strong and fast to defend) with 12 hour max conflicts and forced peace time to let people farm afterwards AND somebody is actually paying Battlepay now for running these? 

Honestly dunno what anybody is complaining about, as a leader of a 5 man clan who doesn't get involved with any of this alliance stuff, it seems like Eclipse is doing us a favor now since the latest patch changes. Unless something changes I'd say get used to it tbh.

Edited by Alazais

dont play them, problem solved, nothing in there you need anyways......not yet anyways

Why complain about credit tax when the purpose of dark sectors is not credit farming? Also you complain because they have a monopoly, but the next alliance that replaces them will do the same thing, you"re just mad because it's not your alliance that holds the dark sectors.

dont play them, problem solved, nothing in there you need anyways......not yet anyways

Agreed. Also, I'm not for nor against Eclipse when I say this but for those that attack Eclipse are really going about it the wrong way if, they really want the nodes. It's a credit sink for a reason and unless you can either rally the player base behind you to attack regardless or battle pay or offer up more battle pay then Eclipse... they'll hold the node for awhile. Main way to bring down Eclipse which would work yet not everyone visits the forums or would do it.

1) Don't play the nodes they own which renders the tax useless on them which means they would have to fund battle pay out of their own pocket.

2) Let the bigger alliances focus on them so, the smaller clans would need to leave their nodes open for deployment and not constantly hit the deploy button.

3) Have more then enough credits in vaults to offer up more then Eclipse when the conflict starts and finishes.

If your not really serious about claiming or keeping a node or just want your  clan or alliance name out there, chances are you will not get one and just waste materials . And for those who are against Eclipse unless your willing to really do those 3 things listed above...stay out of dark sectors.

All of you nubcakes with your "dont attack the 0 tax alliances cuz dey do eet for the greater good" are rewarded with the present and rapidly growing realization that soon every single player who plays on a Dark Sector is an employee of Eclipse...

Conga Rats!!!