The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Buff Status Chance Mods Already

Stingray97

Seriously, the basic status chance mods are too weak. There is no reason to use them, the event dual stat mods are better. They all give +60% where the stat only mods only give +15% (+30% for shotguns). The stats on these mods need to be closer to the crit chance mods, because they give such a pittyful increas in status chance. The only reason they are so weak is because in damage 1.0 they were stun chance mods and they were just converted straight over with noone looking at the numbers.

Edited by Stingray97

sooo like shocking touch

Melee Prowess, and gun equivalents.

+1 OP, hopefully DE will buff the standard status mods more hastily then they did the punch-through mods (maybe they're just worried how badly buffing the status mods could mess things up considering how potent the event mods are).

It's on a list of mods to fix, along with dead eye, shocking touch, energy channel and more.

All the same I don't get why it takes so long for something so simple

Possibly because in order to buff the base ones they would have to nerf the event mods to balance things out. Stuff like that.

Melee Prowess, and gun equivalents.

+1 OP, hopefully DE will buff the standard status mods more hastily then they did the punch-through mods (maybe they're just worried how badly buffing the status mods could mess things up considering how potent the event mods are).

Having two +60% increases is extremely potent indeed. I can't imagine how impossibly powerful some weapons could get with yet even more status chance increase.

Basically, the event mods would need to be severely nerfed before the status chance mods are increased in efficiency. However, this could cause quite the outrage.

Cyborger1 You know not all of us have those Event mods. SO we have to suffer just because you have those mods? WHY?

So what if we want Status builds, this game severly needs some variety into its weapon builds anyways.

Totally agree. I missed out on the latest event mods (i was burnt out at the time) and so not having that set of mods makes making status builds difficult becuse the regular mods give such a pittyful bouns.

Some possible reasons why DE haven't done anything about those mods:

1.They have something more important to do.

2.They might be afraid that high status chance is going to be OP(But it won't IMO). They are testing it by releasing some mods with 60% status chance.

3.It requires quantum mechanics to calculate the best value for those status mods. That's why it took so long to buff them.

Edited by yles9056

I know they know, they are just not doing anything, and they havn't done anything scince damage 2.0 came out.

They will paint one of the frames and few weapons with gold and we will get new PRIME stuff, don't worry .

Edited by Histori

Oh cool. You're a video game programmer?

Which games have you worked on? What are you currently working on?

I have done some game modding aaaaaand unless the Evolution engine is really horrible, it shouldn't be that hard..... 

The basic status chance mods are also uncommon, whereas the event mods are rare.

Quality actually means more power. Crazy, I know.

So that's why serration/hornet strike are terrible mods that no one uses right?   What kind of scrub uses non-rare mods on his gear?

Most everyone has worked on "Using text editors:  A basic skill"

Edited by GeneralArmchair

I'm learning programming atm and changing a number is fairly easy, provided the code is already in place (which it obviously is in this case). All they need to do is decide what number they want. imo, they should exclude event mods from this decision because they likely wont ever be given out again and status builds need to be viable even if you dont have the event mods because maby you didn't start playing untill after the event happened.

WHY IS THIS NOT FIXED ALLREADY!!!!

answer.....

they are to busy making ninja dogs

in all seriousness they are working on 2 new tile sets and an entire new pet design different then the sentinals along with new infested enemies for 1 of the said tilesets on top of reworking j-3 as stated in the last live stream. lets also not forget those community melee weapons that won before u13 came out *nudge nudge wink wink* oh and possibly my favorite... hysteria animation rework.

tumblr_lrsokr0Zvv1qb9v25o1_500.gif

I have to agree the status chance mods need a major buff as 15% is a joke but they are working on a lot right now DE doesn't usually let something that large go by for too long.