The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should Clantech Mods Become A Thing?

Deidaku

Thoughts?

At first that's how I though we were gonna get some stance mods ......but welll you know that's not the case.

But imagine stuff like dual stat mods that could be customizable with clantech (with some limitations of course)

I would have to lean to "No".

too much room for idiots to mess it up and exploit.

Mass of players not in a clan, joining one just to get the Mods. (like the ones that do the same with Clan Weapons)

Or

Dishonest clan's Pulling this Number "Give me xxxx Platinum and I'll Invite you to get the new Mods"

and with that the Bait and switch. "I traded someone xxxx platinum and they did not have the Mods They said they did."

there are more examples I am sure, but these are just off the top of my head.

If we are to Get new Mods.  lets have them on New Mobs. the Pool needs some bleach as it is.

My only thought would be some sort of Clan-tech Aura mods that are fairly powerful, and ONLY affect you and fellow clan-mates that you are running with.

Something something "unit cohesion has made you a more effective group fighting force."

Maybe clan only versions of most Aura mods that are slightly more powerful, and only affect the clan/work when you are running with at least one other clan member.

Edited by Gelkor

There are multiple concepts within this idea that don't necessarily have anything to do with each other.

1.) Special mods acquired only through one's own clan dojo? Yeah that's an interesting idea that could maybe work.

2.) Special mods that have parameters outside of their fusion cost that can be freely customized? Ehh no. Mods already have several levels of complexity to them - we don't need more.

Edited by DJ_Redwire

I could possibly see mods like Acrobat, Rush, Quick Rest, Shield Flux, and Maglev as rewards for doing things in the obstacle course.  That way, they can be pulled out of the general loot table and make room for other things.  I'm not so sure if I like the idea of other types of mods being clan-exclusive yet.

ill go with NO 

i agree with this part, games too easy to exploit already and they dont seem to care for the fcking god mode

Dishonest clan's Pulling this Number "Give me xxxx Platinum and I'll Invite you to get the new Mods"

and with that the Bait and switch. "I traded someone xxxx platinum and they did not have the Mods They said they did."

but this wouldn't apply, mods are trade able so you could just trade the mod straight unless they made non trade able mods in which case they would had to put in  extra effort just to mess it up.

I could possibly see mods like Acrobat, Rush, Quick Rest, Shield Flux, and Maglev as rewards for doing things in the obstacle course.  That way, they can be pulled out of the general loot table and make room for other things.  I'm not so sure if I like the idea of other types of mods being clan-exclusive yet.

Good idea.

that would be a great idea because it would make that mini game more useful and give it a little challenge to kill time between one grineer genocide and the next one.

I would like, a SINGULAR "Clan Mod" that could be created.  This one could have customizable stats, and their own names.  Let me explain:

My Clan is the Jade Falcons

I walk into the Tenno lab, open up "Clan Mod creation"

I, as the Warlord, sets the stats for the mod.

I choose an Elemental damage type,

and something else to multiply. i.e. Firerate, Crit chance, Crit damage, etc.

Cap Elemental damages at ~70% to avoid exploitation.  (i.e. If I choose Poison damage, I can't set the damage equal to anything higher than 70%)

Cap other multiplier stats at a reasonable level. i.e. +60% crit or something.

Then, Naming.  "The Talon of Justice"

For Rifle.

Click "Research Mod"

Then, other players can buy the Mod from the Lab at a later date, once finished researching.

I see no problem with this system.  Adding customizability, Clan benefits, and more use for the Dojo.  Because honestly, no reason to be in there for mroe than 5 mins at a time.

I say no because that would increase the number of mods people can't get without committing to a clan or being... unintelligent... people who join clans, make and steal mods, and leave. I like the idea of rewarding the clan with a mod like thing, though. Like, a certain number of people in the clan, you get this rare mod or it becomes a clan mod that everyone can pick up... With a rank, too. Like, become a storm clan, get a half ranked vitality or some shiz.

I say no because that would increase the number of mods people can't get without committing to a clan or being... unintelligent... people who join clans, make and steal mods, and leave. I like the idea of rewarding the clan with a mod like thing, though. Like, a certain number of people in the clan, you get this rare mod or it becomes a clan mod that everyone can pick up... With a rank, too. Like, become a storm clan, get a half ranked vitality or some shiz.

Well when you want to go lone-wolf style, you start your own clan and do your own research.  A Clan of one.  That's how a lot of people are doing it nowadays...those who don't want t odeal with the drama of Clans.

Mass of players not in a clan, joining one just to get the Mods. (like the ones that do the same with Clan Weapons)

Or

there are more examples I am sure, but these are just off the top of my head.

If we are to Get new Mods.  lets have them on New Mobs. the Pool needs some bleach as it is.

Yeah I can see that becoming a problem. just look at battlepay baiting in the darksectors -_-

There are multiple concepts within this idea that don't necessarily have anything to do with each other.

1.) Special mods acquired only through one's own clan dojo? Yeah that's an interesting idea that could maybe work.

2.) Special mods that have parameters outside of their fusion cost that can be freely customized? Ehh no. Mods already have several levels of complexity to them - we don't need more.

You make good points , 1) would probably be the best course of action

Or make these mods work only if you're in a clan like clan keys : no clan no mod

I would like, a SINGULAR "Clan Mod" that could be created.  This one could have customizable stats, and their own names.  Let me explain:

My Clan is the Jade Falcons

I walk into the Tenno lab, open up "Clan Mod creation"

I, as the Warlord, sets the stats for the mod.

I choose an Elemental damage type,

and something else to multiply. i.e. Firerate, Crit chance, Crit damage, etc.

Cap Elemental damages at ~70% to avoid exploitation.  (i.e. If I choose Poison damage, I can't set the damage equal to anything higher than 70%)

Cap other multiplier stats at a reasonable level. i.e. +60% crit or something.

Then, Naming.  "The Talon of Justice"

For Rifle.

Click "Research Mod"

Then, other players can buy the Mod from the Lab at a later date, once finished researching.

I see no problem with this system.  Adding customizability, Clan benefits, and more use for the Dojo.  Because honestly, no reason to be in there for mroe than 5 mins at a time.

The limitation would have to be to make these mods non tradable and unique. You only get 1 copy per player. you can fuse it or transmute it but you can only have 1 at the time

Nope.

Unless you're completely removing ability mods from the drop tables and putting them in Tenno research for 5000-15000 credits (depending on rarity).

I'm gonna say put them in the market because not all frames are clantech.

Imagine a new excalibur player that's not in a clan!

I AM yet again not amazed by the communities imagination 

i would like to see a device that for the right cost and reaources allow us to create custom dual stat mods or advanced mods

example combine two maxed elemental mods for a unraknked dual stat mod that gives both stats at the same %s as normal but at a greater cost

even could have its own polarity

thia would give us higher potential dmgs and greater customization and open up greater trade possibilites

could even have sucess rates based on mastery rank